mille card game? (slightly off topic)

Not really sure where else to post it, so I figured the general poker section would work. After doing some searches on it and looking for clearer rules, I can't seem to find any...the game looks pretty fun and a great alternative to typical poker, and if I can recall this might the game during the jail sequence in Rounders? After reading Daniel's post only a few things are unclear;What if you go out and have under1200 points?What is the meaning of "down" cards, is there one pile both players put into?How is a "pack" created; from cards put down when over 15 is being held?Do you have to place a higher card/set down each play? - and just some others, the post explains the game but not how to actually play it. If possible, could someone provide a link or explain it a little bit better? Thanks :D

(the jail game in rounders was hearts. he stacked the deck to either give himself 0 points every hand or to let him shoot the moon.)aseem

because none of us have actually heard of the game outside of daniel's post, haha. sorry we can't be of more help, maybe someone on this forum will eventually see this message and know the answers to your questions.aseem

i have heard of and played the game. i grew up in northern ontario in a community that was just about a 50/50 english/french split. i don't remember enough about the game though, probably only played it once or twice.

were they? i thought i remembered them talking about shooting the moon and playing the queen of spades. i've never played spades, so i don't know if the same terms apply in that game, but i know they said those terms.aseem

wait....no, I didn't mean spades, I meant hearts. In hearts, getting the Queen of spades adds 13 points to your score(you want a low score), and you get a point for every heart you get, but if you get the queen of spades and all the hearts, its called shooting the moon, and you can either take so many points off your score(i forgot what the number is), or you can add it to everyone elses score.

(the jail game in rounders was hearts. he stacked the deck to either give himself 0 points every hand or to let him shoot the moon.)aseem
ok, so you agreed. :-) aseem