deal at the wsop main event final table

Had to be a dael. Dannamen and Hachem were winking at eachother saying, "your the man" to eachother. Gaurenteed they chopped it and just played it out for the camera. I know Steve said he everything was extra credit, but I mean come on. From my point of view he didnt care at ALL when it was heads up. He kenw he was getting his half no matter who won.Does anyone else agree with me?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to be a dael. Dannamen and Hachem were winking at eachother saying, "your the man" to eachother.  Gaurenteed they chopped it and just played it out for the camera. I know Steve said he everything was extra credit, but I mean come on. From my point of view he didnt care at ALL when it was heads up. He kenw he was getting his half no matter who won.Does anyone else agree with me?
what does that mean?and I agree, there's a very good chance that they had some sort of deal.

Hadn't thought much about it, but can't really argue with some of the logic. I remember Danneman saying at one point right after the thing that he just wanted it to be over - although the hand they got all the money in on sure didn't look too scripted as far as being a semi logical hand to put big money in.I don't know if the wsop has any regulations (enforceable or otherwise) on deals, didn't check my tourny rules when I was there.

uhh, nah. Hachem had a big chip lead, and why would you give away the bracelet and having your picture on the wall with hall of fame players.
He still gets the bracelet- do you even know what a deal is? I wondered as well.

"I know Steve said he everything was extra credit"This was poorly written, sorry.Steve said earlier in the braodcast that he didnt care what happened. He was just happy to make it past day one. The man said he doesnt consider himslef a good player at all. Im sure he was perfectly fine just letting hachem win the thing as long as he got more money then second place was supposed to pay. Hachem did not EXPLODE like others did when they won. It seemed like both hachem and Steve finished the thing off for the cameras, but the money had already been decided.

I highly doubt this.That's just dannenmans personality... and frankly.. it's pretty tough to be upset with 2nd right there... I know personally I would want the bracelet as well... but a guy like that, who's just having a good time... I don't think he minded any of that. It's all gravy and he was having fun. For the most part, the whole final table seemed friend and pretty lighthearted, and why not? everyone makes a million.

Hachem pointed at him and said, "You da man" This was right after the cards were flipped. By his body language it seemed like he was saying we are splitting the money. Thank you for letting me take credit for winning, even though the money has been pre determined."You da man" thank you for moving in when you know you were probably beat but it looks ok for the cameras!

Haschm had a 2.5:1 chip lead and knew he was a better player heading into heads up play. It makes it a little hard to believe he would make a deal with that big of a lead and skill advantage. Still, I can see where the "you da man" can make people suspicious of a deal.

On the audiocast, when they were at 3 Hellmuth and David Williams (I think-it was either him or Layne Flack) talked about how the three of them could be possibly making a deal, but Williams/Flack said he thought Barch wouldn't take a deal.

Haschm had a 2.5:1 chip lead and knew he was a better player heading into heads up play. It makes it a little hard to believe he would make a deal with that big of a lead and skill advantage. Still, I can see where the "you da man" can make people suspicious of a deal.
They may have made a deal which encorperated the 2.5:1 chip lead into it, y'know so it was weighted toward Hachem.

Just watching the replay and definitely believe there had to be a deal.There seemed to be no life in the crowd when Danneneman won his hand, even his family seemed resigned to whatever the deal was. Danneman even acknowledges "a large bet" then raises and waits for Hatchem to come over the top on him and still calls, pretty much seeming to know he was behind. Danneman just seemed happy it was over and Hatchem didnt get too excited when he knew the worst he could do was chop or be the world champ.

Just watching the replay and definitely believe there had to be a deal.There seemed to be no life in the crowd when Danneneman won his hand, even his family seemed resigned to whatever the deal was.  Danneman even acknowledges "a large bet" then raises and waits for Hatchem to come over the top on him and still calls, pretty much seeming to know he was behind. Danneman just seemed happy it was over and Hatchem didnt get too excited when he knew the worst he could do was chop or be the world champ.
I think you're overvaluing Dann..whatevers... play. The way that last hand played, he didn't know he was behind...
There's no way Dannenman called knowing he had the worst of it.  I'm confident that he called because he thought he prbably had the best hand, and still had outs if he didn't.Having said that, there still could have been a deal.
I agree that he didn't call knowing he had the worst of it, but I think he may have just kinda been giving up. Isn't this the guy who said he isn't even the best player at his home game? Plus he is obviously a amateur, so he's not used to playing full days of poker, never mind 7 straight days of 10+ hours each day. Then the final table takes super long, and the guy is completely drained...emotionally, physically, mentally etc. After already winning so much money he prolly figured he had a few outs to win, and just kinda said screw it, whether there was a deal or not. He probably just really didn't want to try to come back from an even bigger chip disadvantage, so he called, hoping he wasn't beat.
uhh, nah. Hachem had a big chip lead, and why would you give away the bracelet and having your picture on the wall with hall of fame players.
He still gets the bracelet- do you even know what a deal is? I wondered as well.
I was referring to Steve giving away the bracelet. There probably was not much excitement because it was 6 in the morning.but what do I know? I'm just an uneducated person with no common sense just like some of the other people on this site. :wink: :wink:
Hachem pointed at him and said, "You da man" This was right after the cards were flipped.  By his body language it seemed like he was saying we are splitting the money. Thank you for letting me take credit for winning, even though the money has been pre determined."You da man" thank you for moving in when you know you were probably beat but it looks ok for the cameras!
Why would hachem split the cash with such a toolkit? Anyone on this forum could take danneman for what he is worth, come on.....