so, let's be the solution...

Let's admit it, a lot of the older players are a big part of the problem in the FCP change.Yes, we have a ton of newbs. Yes, they are annoying. But honestly, is flaming them going to solve anything except create another 4 page thread where people yell back and forth and Kowboy and 10-8 debate no how they won't end up playing against each other again?No, not really.So, let's stop adding to the problem and work on some solutions. Here is my list:1. I for one will stop with the flaming. If I see someone doing something wrong because they are a newbie, then I'll simply point out what it is, and make a suggestion for how to do it better next time, free of insults or flames. 2. I will no longer feed the trolls. If I see a troll post, I will not respond at all. I don't want their stupid thread on the front page of FCP. It makes us all look bad. I want it to quietly go the way of the dodo. I may even make a new topic if I can think of one for the sheer benefit of moving the troll post down one on the screen.3. I will post in strategy. I have been meaning to, but I had a run in with pulling hand histories from Carribean Sun (because I am stupid, they are saved locally). Now that I know it, I'll start posting some there for comments. This is one of my hated things about the new FCP. We have a thousand new members, and posts just sit in strategy unanswered. 4. I'll stop fawning over Miss Idaho's abs. Someone has to do it, so it might as well be me.Good luck all.Ray

Repeated in another thread:And, without being gratuitous, new posters (hate word"newbie") are the reasons this site grows and we are all getting new insights (yes, I'm open-minded). I just remember how I played poker prior to reading "The theory of poker" and played my way (thank you Frank Sinatra) without ANY feedback. Yes, we have all had our arse handed to us when we are neophytes (yes, that means you old "newbies"). If I don't like a post---I IGNORE IT. Many times I learn something I never thought about. Enuf said, Fullhouse7

to tell you the truth the only thing thats really annoying me right now is that stupid e-thuging match off between kowboy and teneight. They are both ok in my book but cmon theres no need for internet drama. We need to work on improving fcp.

to tell you the truth the only thing thats really annoying me right now is that stupid e-thuging match off between kowboy and teneight. They are both ok in my book but cmon theres no need for internet drama. We need to work on improving fcp.
teneight was the one that challenged me to play, all I said was that I don't play heads up and that he was welcome to play me at the tables that I was at...he was the one who proceeded to drag it out. If you read all the posts, you will see that he was the one who was doing all the flaming, I was just saying that he knows where he can find me and was, in fact, simply inviting him to join me at my table....I wasn't hurling any immature insults or anything, I was just saying that he can play me whenever he wants. He is the one who seemingly has something to prove, I am just trying to play poker to make some money, not for ego.

To be honest, I don't see a problem at all with flaming in the general forum. SO WHAT?? If you want serious poker advice, want to discuss certain players, or whatever, there is a section for all of that. There is even an off-topic section to discuss serious stuff such as, for example, college football, if you desire. You wanna learn some NL strategy, there is a forum for that. Stud, there is a forum for that. You wanna discuss DN's blog, there is a forum for that. Wanna talk about the WSOP episode you just saw, there is a forum for that. There is ALOT less flaming in those forums than in the General Forum. However, in the general forum, who cares if people flame. It is the internet, if someone flames you and you don't like it, don't respond. Or, if you want, flame them back, who cares??? As long as nothing offensive is said, who cares if there is some flaming in the general forum, let people have their fun. I get flamed all the time, and I flame back, who cares, it is fun. I don't hate everybody that flames me and I don't take it so seriously that I get my feelings hurt about it. If you want some serious advice for anything poker-related, there is most likely a forum specifically dedicated to that, so go there to talk with other people who are interested in the exact same thing as you. However, in the general forum, there is always gonna be some flaming and some stupid jokes and some stupid arguments. WHO CARES??? IT IS A GENERAL FORUM.....leave it be...

I too am tired of having to wade through 3 pages of flames on the off chance that a useful kernel of good information or insight may be gleaned from the thread.To do my part to eliminate this mess from FCP, I'm going back to my original standard operating procedure: I will post a reply if, and only if I feel that an important aspect related to the OP hasn't been discussed or hasn't been discussed thoroughly enough. Basically, if I have something useful and constructive to say, I'll say it. Anything else is simply wasteful and drags down the quality of the forum.Peace.out.

Flaming online is like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.IE: Cowboy Coupe.
Good thing you repeated that lame line for the 4th time in the past hour.....good one. Also, how does changing my name from KowboyKoop to Cowboy Coupe make fun of me, exactly...seriously, if you want to make fun of me, at least go with the often used, yet very mildly funny, Cowboy Poop, or Poopboy Koop, or something...seriously...