any poker players in tampa, fl?

I am thinking we should do something after the holidays... like late January or February. Maybe all meet at the Hard Rock or go to Cocoa and take the boat out at the Cape. Hard Rock- Pros: On land, good tournaments Cons- Horrible Ring Games, Expensive Hotel but some not so expensive ones are not far awaySun Cruz- Pros: Good Ring Games, Can find a decent place to stay at a decent price near by Cons: Few tournaments, on the Ocean which means it may not sail if the waves are rough
Theresa : why don't we message all the florida posts here and put something together, or people can message me if you want.
I am thinking we should do something after the holidays... like late January or February. Maybe all meet at the Hard Rock or go to Cocoa and take the boat out at the Cape. Hard Rock- Pros: On land, good tournaments Cons- Horrible Ring Games, Expensive Hotel but some not so expensive ones are not far awaySun Cruz- Pros: Good Ring Games, Can find a decent place to stay at a decent price near by Cons: Few tournaments, on the Ocean which means it may not sail if the waves are rough
Theresa : why don't we message all the florida posts here and put something together, or people can message me if you want.
I really can't do anything until after the holidays. But afterwards, I would like to call the Sun Cruz and Hard Rock and see what they can set up. Who knows, we may be able to get a group rate, get discounts, etc. We did something similar with the league I was with. We went out to the Sun Cruz and for us, the spread a lower buy in No Limit Game. Unfortunatley, I had to work that day so I missed it. But definately, one I get some time and info, I will make a post and hopefully we can do some sort of chain thing where we all PM other Floridians. I wouldn't even mind going down to the South Florida hard Rock. I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and I always like to go back down there every now and then for a visit. :club:
i'd freaking LOVE to be in on this, and i'm BEGGING you to make it late december, just before the holidays....leaving for vegas on the 27th :(this would be amazing.
Permanently? Are you moving there are are you just going there for a short stint?
i'd freaking LOVE to be in on this, and i'm BEGGING you to make it late december, just before the holidays....leaving for vegas on the 27th :(this would be amazing.
Permanently? Are you moving there are are you just going there for a short stint?
permanently.i've had it with this state, and i sure as hell don't want my daughter going through schools that teach the FCAT instead of teaching stuff that the kids need to know.my wife interned at an elementary school, and she said in kindergarten, the kids mostly sat around and worked out of workbooks...no learning by playing, learning by anything else, but freaking 5 year olds spending their days in workbooks.it's absurd.
permanently.i've had it with this state, and i sure as hell don't want my daughter going through schools that teach the FCAT instead of teaching stuff that the kids need to know.my wife interned at an elementary school, and she said in kindergarten, the kids mostly sat around and worked out of workbooks...no learning by playing, learning by anything else, but freaking 5 year olds spending their days in workbooks.it's absurd.
That is public school for ya.....
That is public school for ya.....
i believe i graduated the last year before they implemented the FCATi'd rather my child not be taught how to pass a standardized test in elementary school, and instead be taught the basics (although at 21 months, she's already a friggen prodigy...can count to 20, can identify all of her alphabet, carry on mini-conversations, you can sneeze in the other room and she'll say bless you, etc etc)
i believe i graduated the last year before they implemented the FCATi'd rather my child not be taught how to pass a standardized test in elementary school, and instead be taught the basics (although at 21 months, she's already a friggen prodigy...can count to 20, can identify all of her alphabet, carry on mini-conversations, you can sneeze in the other room and she'll say bless you, etc etc)
That's nothing....my daughter (30 months) knows how to squeeze her hole cards and she stacks poker chips perfectly. She also knows how to put out a flop....her only problem is that she exposes her cards too much and gets too excited to bet.....She is a total Lag maniac....all she does is bet bet bet bet....SHE LOVES POKER....or how she says it....COKUR...My daughter will win the Main Event one day.
That's nothing....my daughter (30 months) knows how to squeeze her hole cards and she stacks poker chips perfectly. She also knows how to put out a flop....her only problem is that she exposes her cards too much and gets too excited to bet.....She is a total Lag maniac....all she does is bet bet bet bet....SHE LOVES POKER....or how she says it....COKUR...My daughter will win the Main Event one day.
my daughter can kick your daughter's ass.sure, yours might beat her at poker, but mine can pronounce poker!also, when you ask her where we're moving, she says "vegas" :club: