any poker players in tampa, fl?

Hope you find some good home games. The pokerroom at the Hardrock leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. All they had when I was there was $1/$2 tables and everyone was super agressive. Too bad the cards were ice cold for me :?

I am just North of Orlando.Hard rock has some good MTTs and SNGs. Ring games are the typical Florida cap to the river than fold. We really should have a Florida FCP weekend one day. It seems like lately there has been a lot of Floridians on the forum.

Im down....Florida Should legalize gambling, huh?
We have the lottery... now that is gambling! Oh... we have the Dog Tracks, Jai Lai and Horse racing as well. What do you mean, gambling should be legalized? ;)I think our laws are hypocritical. However, the good thing is that at least we have a reason to vacation somewhere else, right?

I lived in Tampa last year, but moved back home to Panama City when I got a career.I did frequent the Hard Rock quite a bit... that's where I got hooked on Omaha H/L, plus their tournaments were actually decent. You pretty much end up smelling like cancer when you leave though.I'm down for FCP Florida if anyone puts it together. I can pretty much lose anywhere in the state.

I am thinking we should do something after the holidays... like late January or February. Maybe all meet at the Hard Rock or go to Cocoa and take the boat out at the Cape. Hard Rock- Pros: On land, good tournaments Cons- Horrible Ring Games, Expensive Hotel but some not so expensive ones are not far awaySun Cruz- Pros: Good Ring Games, Can find a decent place to stay at a decent price near by Cons: Few tournaments, on the Ocean which means it may not sail if the waves are rough

I really like the Sun Cruz.They always have a $5/$10 and usually a $10/$20 game as well. There is also a NL game and I think the blinds are $1 and $2 but I am not sure since I have not played it. If you go on a night where they are trying to attract beginners, you may see a $4/$8 game. I like their Sunday tournament. $115 buy in. i have played twice. First time, I was really playing bad. I started to play like the bad players at my table instead of being paitient. Second time I placed 11th out of 61 players. I really can't stand pocket jacks. :)I also like that there is much less smoke to deal with. The players have to stand out to the side to smoke; no one can smoke at the table.

Im down....Florida Should legalize gambling, huh?
Unfortunately, it will never happen. It has been on the ballot a few times in the last 25 years and it has been shot down by a large margin everytime. Poker in Florida Sucks.
I am thinking we should do something after the holidays... like late January or February. Maybe all meet at the Hard Rock or go to Cocoa and take the boat out at the Cape.  Hard Rock- Pros: On land, good tournaments Cons- Horrible Ring Games, Expensive Hotel but some not so expensive ones are not far awaySun Cruz- Pros: Good Ring Games, Can find a decent place to stay at a decent price near by Cons: Few tournaments, on the Ocean which means it may not sail if the waves are rough
Come down to the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood and I will play!

I'm goin down to Tampa in the winter and will probably go to college in Florida next year. One thing I was looking forward to was playing at the Tampa Hard Rock- you only have to be 18 to play there right?Anyway could anyone tell me what limits they spread and if they have a NL game? Also, do they have any tournaments with larger buy ins and big prize pools?Thanks

Like I said before, I run a home game with lots of regulars and can arrange something for the FCP Florida Chapionship. It would more than lickely be in Orlando, seems to be alot of people in Orlando and January sounds like a reasonable date. matt

Im Canadian but have been living in West Palm for 3 years now and there are tons of places to play live cash games down here, PM me if you guys ever want some games down here. I'll give you a run down of the places that I play at, although there a more that I know about.-3 nights a week a ahh hem hem "private" club 2oomax nlhe, 2&3 blinds, usually 2 hours in most players have 4-700 hundred in front of them-3 other nights 1-5 buy in nlhe at a club in pompanoany day of the week palm beach princess 100max, 200max, 500max nlhe cash games, plus rebuy tourneys on wed & mon. sailing from 630 - 1130 which kinda sucks only having a little time, but this game has more fish that I have ever seen, always same regulars which never seem to learn from their mistakes-plus I know of a lot of other home games/clubs similar to the ones above anywherre up to 2000$ buy inswe should do a florida FCP meet up

Like I said before, I run a home game with lots of regulars and can arrange something for the FCP Florida Chapionship. It would more than lickely be in Orlando, seems to be alot of people in Orlando and January sounds like a reasonable date.  matt
What's your policy on 17 year olds?

I played in the $240 tournament. I had a good time even though I wasn't getting the best cards. I finished 21st out of 120 players. Unfortunately, I didn't make any money but I would do it again.

I just looked at the Hardrock's website and I see that they feature a $500 buy in tourney with a min $100 000 prize pool every month.  Has anyone ever played in this and if so, what do you think: about the structure and caliber of opponents?
I've played in the $300, the $250 and the $140.....The players for the most part all suck....The structures have continually gotten better.....they are really good NOW....i haven't played in one for a couple of months now...but I will soon....The Rock in Hollywood now has chipco chips for their tournament chips and new monitors.....the brought in some guy to run the poker room from Biloxi and the guy has done wonders....Especially the chips...the crappy chips they used to have made it impossible to not fumble the chips to count out a bet...now they got the chipco ceramics...so you can stack easily and count out bets easily also....We have grown up!!!The rock in Hollywood also has 30 man $1000 NL Holdem freezeouts....how do you like them apples?

A buddy of mine and I are looking for some people to play in a home game on a somewhat regular basis in the New Tampa area (not far off of I-75). If you're interested let me know and we can try to set something up.I'd be down for a Florida FCP tournament. Sounds like it could be a good time.Did you see the news that effective November 10th, poker tournaments at pari-mutuels (like Derby Lane in St. Pete) has been suspended? What kinda crap is that?