would you ever.........

limp in late position and early position, but NEVER in middle position. Don't complete in the small blind, and if you're BB then just check against 4 or more callers.

Only heads Up against an aggressive player so I can do the ole' limp re-raise. (NL Holdem)That is it....In Limit...only UTG if I have a couple of reliable habitual preflop raisers.

Limp with KK????
Sure... It depends on a lot of things, but there's a time and place for everything. In order for me to make this play though I have to be virtually guaranteed that someone behind me will raise, so I can re-raise. If there's a guy who's raised his last 10 buttons and I'm up front w/ KK, I think it's a great play to limp/re-raise.

I'll routinely limp with KK in early position in NL Sit & Gos in the first couple rounds. I'd say I get a chance to reraise at least 80% of the time, and lots of times, people will get pot-committed and call off a good portion of their stacks. As for cash games or limit games, I might limp if I knew there was a maniac that would reraise me, but I'd certainly do it a lot less often.

I'd probably only do it in the final stages of a tournament or SNG when it got down to 2-3 players and I've got a decent amount of chips. Other than that you wind up getting into a lot of trouble and losing more money in the long run.

I almost always limp from the SB with a big pair if it's folded around to me in order to get some kind of action. From time to time, I'll limp with big hands heads up to trap.Any other case? I pretty much raise. Depends on my opponent.

Limp with KK????if so in what sceneriomaybe UTG in a full ring game with maniacs? (so you can reraise)maybe in the BB if there is only 1 limper and the SB folds?  your thoughts please, no flaming alowed
theres always flaming allowed. Can you please put this in strategy? You're clogging up the General Forum with posts that belong in Strategy.
Limp with KK????if so in what sceneriomaybe UTG in a full ring game with maniacs? (so you can reraise)maybe in the BB if there is only 1 limper and the SB folds? your thoughts please, no flaming alowed
Done it once in a NL ring because there were only two other people in the pot. Big blind out flopped me two paired his 3-6 off....you can try it if you love to gamble!

Table image at a given game is generally my variable in deciding this issue. If I have given off a loose player raising a lot, generally I'll keep it up putting in 3-4 BB. In a lot of those situations people have got tired of my antics and I'll get reraised or called by a few frusterated players. If I get reraised I've got just what I wanted and I can reraise them back depending on the size of there bet. Another consideration is if you know your man, you can lay down KK by a tight player you have a strong read on. On one occassion in a "fun" home game I had about $27 in a $10 buy-in home game. It was a ring game and I was regularly raising the .05/.10 blinds to .40 in 3rd position there was a $3.00 raise, fold, fold, fold reraise all in $7.85, fold, I looked down at AA I decided to go all in and said "I guess I have to go all in" it was folded back to the initial raiser who folded his KK face up. "Slick Davis" flipped over his AK offsuit and I showed AA, no help came for him and later Marcus told another player "Pocket Kings never win here, I don't know why I raised in the first place."I guess that is all off topic I limp in middle position only if I have been playing really tight and I am mixing it up, I want people to think I have a weakish over cards, suited connectors or small pair so I can win a big hand if I hit a set or, I give myself a chance to semi-bluff if on of those other hands come up. If you play a lot differently then people are used to you may possibly get yourself in a big hand with a difficult decision or end up winning just the blinds.

I really don't advocate not raising with KK.To many players limp with A+rag and suckout.I say if you have a good table image and have been consistently raising to keep consistantly raising, unless you put someone on a hand and can limp and check raise later on.I don't get kings enough to know how to play them like a pro.I just play them like ever other donk, raise, get re-raised, and push, and loose to AQ.

Limp with KK????if so in what sceneriomaybe UTG in a full ring game with maniacs? (so you can reraise)maybe in the BB if there is only 1 limper and the SB folds?  your thoughts please, no flaming alowed
Yes I do limp with kk and aa in only 1 situation. First you must be playing no limit and the average stack should be over $500. If I am in first position on a table where there is a pre flop raise 80% of the time or higher. If a player behind me raises I will re-raise. Amount of re-raise depends on how many people called the initial raise. The best scenerio is to go to the flop with only 1 caller or take it down pre flop. If an ace hit's on the flop I bet out around half the pot. If he just calls then I will fire again on the turn half the pot. If he calls again I would check the river unless you sense he is on a draw and the board shows that he missed whatever draw you put him on.I guess the most important thing is to know the player and play him and not the cards. This is why it is very important to study players when you are not involved in a hand.

Another possible situation to limp with KK in would be if you wanted to limp from up front with suited connectors occasionally, so people might be wary of your preflop limps.However, only strong players will notice that you limp raised, and it's not a guarantee you won't get raised, and it's probably not potent enough to make weaker hands profitable to limp preflop.

limp in late position and early position, but NEVER in middle position.  Don't complete in the small blind, and if you're BB then just check against 4 or more callers.
in Lhe u just gave up 4sbs, and in NL you just gave hands like 85h, or 22 incredible implied odds. And you also gave A2 cheap look at flop. nh.Also I dont like limping with KK or AA. You can rarely be certain that there will be a raise and I would be sick to my stomach if I gave up such a huge preflop edge. Preflop is when donks play the worst, because they enter w/ unprofitable hands, so it is the best time to take advantage of that. I hate passing it up.

I have once. It was a solid NL ring game, and there was a player who had a habit of raising from the button. I was UTG and limped, planning to raise.He didn't raise, he just limped. I'm not trying that again unless I'm sure it's getting raised, so I'll typically raise with KK 99% of the time.I got a lucky flop though, it came up K high. Turn was a 10. We got it all-in on the turn. He had KT.

In the last live tournament that I played, I checked my BB when everyone folded to the SB (who was small-stack) and he completed. The flop came Jack-high with a seven up and he checked. I knew he caught a piece and put him in. He called immediately with a seven and I took it down. I knew he would have folded pre-flop, so I thought this wasn't an incorrect move.

Not in early position. I might in a later position and try to trap an agresive player behind me.
I hope you made a mistake and typed in later position instead of early.
Your right, sorry about that :oops: