phil ivey on ft

I was watching the game. Phil Ivey just played like a fish in my opinion. He bought in for $10K and ran it up to $70K but dropped 20K more back into each player and then left. I just think it's funny how the best in the world makes wrong plays and gets frustrated and leaves. He had this hand AT Flop: 2 X 2 Not sure what happened on the flopTurn: ASomehow Ivey's opponent was all-in and Phil called him or put him all-in River: QJackSjr or whatever doubled up his $10K with Q 2 and Ivey promptly left. I wish I had caught the whole hand but somehow Ivey and him were all-in on the turn. Phil had no flush draw or anything that I saw. I guess pros are human just like us. But I wonder why Ivey would have gotten him all-in or called an all-in with just a pair of aces right there. I guess he didn't believe that he had the 2.

I was watching the game. Phil Ivey just played like a fish in my opinion. He bought in for $10K and ran it up to $70K but dropped 20K more back into each player and then left. I just think it's funny how the best in the world makes wrong plays and gets frustrated and leaves. He had this hand AT Flop: 2 X 2 Not sure what happened on the flopTurn: ASomehow Ivey's opponent was all-in and Phil called him or put him all-in River: QJackSjr or whatever doubled up his $10K with Q 2 and Ivey promptly left. I wish I had caught the whole hand but somehow Ivey and him were all-in on the turn. Phil had no flush draw or anything that I saw. I guess pros are human just like us. But I wonder why Ivey would have gotten him all-in or called an all-in with just a pair of aces right there. I guess he didn't believe that he had the 2.
I thought he played the hand pretty well actually. Check raising the flop a small flop with a pair on it is pretty standard. Almost everytime, you'll win the pot right there.

Yes, I'm criticizing but I play NL all the time and sometimes I don't see the whole hand but nothing can ever justify getting a player all-in for $10,000 on a 50/100 NL game with just top pair of aces on the turn.Ivey knew he played the hand bad and left.

So what, everytime someone goes all in you're supposed to assume that he has the trips? even in a 3 handed game? I didn't see the hand either, but there's no way that Phil was playing like a fish...his mistakes are better than our best plays.
Yes, I'm criticizing but I play NL all the time and sometimes I don't see the whole hand but nothing can ever justify getting a player all-in for $10,000 on a 50/100 NL game with just top pair of aces on the turn.Ivey knew he played the hand bad and left.
Every time I read that it's funny.Phil raises preflop, JackSjr called with Q2o. You can't put him on Q2o. No flush potential on the board and a the only straight would be A2345, with the board showing 252A, he'd have to call the raise with 34, another hand you can't really put him on.
BTW I checked out you're blog. I guess you do have the credentials to critisize Phil Ivey. What with you're success in the limits you're playing and what not.
BTW I checked out you're blog. I guess you do have the credentials to critisize Phil Ivey. What with you're success in the limits you're playing and what not.
You inspired me to read his blog, thank you. I found it hilarious. Specifically this little gem:"STOP. You made $1000 one week but that was 3 months ago. If you made $1000 / week , you'd be filthy rich in 100 weeks."1000x100 = 100,000 dollars.100 weeks is pretty much 2 years, which would be 50k prior to taxes. Far from what I'd call 'filthy rich.' But maybe Redpill is not as materialistic as me.
hahahahaha
You inspired me to read his bloanag, thank you. I found it hilarious. Specifically this little gem:"STOP. You made $1000 one week but that was 3 months ago. If you made $1000 / week , you'd be filthy rich in 100 weeks."1000x100 = 100,000 dollars.100 weeks is pretty much 2 years, which would be 50k prior to taxes. Far from what I'd call 'filthy rich.' But maybe Redpill is not as materialistic as me.
For some reason your avatar makes that last sentence even funnier. :club: Cause the Lotus Elise is like the inteligent bargain exotic. New Corvette ZO6 is pretty evil and smart too.
For some reason your avatar makes that last sentence even funnier. :club: Cause the Lotus Elise is like the inteligent bargain exotic. New Corvette ZO6 is pretty evil and smart too.
I <3 Elise.Exige isn't bad either. Pretty much any super-small RWD/Rear Engine.
oh man that thered's blog is hilarious. this guy is a total loser
What do you do that is so good ? My blog isn't for you. If you are offended by my blog or you don't like it, then obviously it wasn't written for you. You obviously don't understand anything.
What do you do that is so good ? My blog isn't for you. If you are offended by my blog or you don't like it, then obviously it wasn't written for you. You obviously don't understand anything.
I don't know how to put this, but your last few entries have not exactly been chock full o' content, per say. In fact, your latest two entries are titled FUCK FUCK FUCK and FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK appropriately. On the upside, it's good to see you being honest with yourself and analyzing the hands that you lost and why you lost them instead of bashing obscenities into your online journal and feeling sorry for yourself.Edit: I didn't see there was another thread dedicated to this. On topic, Ivey was up to almost 75k before losing some to Dustin Dirksen and some to JackSJr (although the money he lost to Jack he had taken from him right before anyway). Ivey was not playing solid at all, fairly reckless and even called an all in from dirksen with AJ on the turn of board xQ9T, and Dirksen had KJ for a 24k pot or so.
your blog cannot be real, you cant be that big of a retard in real life