is matusow one of the best nl players out there ?

I'm willing to bet anyone that Mike would take Daniel down in a heads-up NL Holdem match, but Daniel would never accept the challenge because he likes to be able to read his opponents and that is something you really can't do with Mike the mouth! Any bettors?
Funny. Not sure if you have heard about it, but DN has this open challenge to anyone in the world, Matusow included. I really like the guy, but calling him a lock over DN is funny. That is regardless of the fact that the edge cannot be all that large HU.
it can in NLHE.
i agree very much lucky, i think the skill advantage can be bigger HU in nlhe than in any other game.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is matusow one of the best nl players out there ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... and HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL... you guys are funny :roll: :roll: :roll:
daniel he is certainly outplayng you. you have some set of balls ot make that comment. where have you been for 12 months? he has played some great polker winning TOC ancd final table in the main event. where were you?
STFUGDAHDYWPOSMFMFD.
is matusow one of the best nl players out there ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... and HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL... you guys are funny :roll: :roll: :roll:
daniel he is certainly outplayng you. you have some set of balls ot make that comment. where have you been for 12 months? he has played some great polker winning TOC ancd final table in the main event. where were you?
was thinking the same thing
i guess that makes u just as dumb as him then.
You got that right. Mike made the final table of the WSOP this year. Where was Daniel? Mike won the TOC and took home another million. Where was Daniel? Mike is playing some incredible poker and his psychological edge over the other players he plays against is huge. That's what makes him so dangerous to play with as he can go in anytime with 2/7 and bluff the other guy out of the pot 9 out of 10 times. Daniel on the other hand plays way too conservativly and that's why he will never make a final table at the WSOP and be LUCKY to ever make another final table at any of the other big tournaments. It takes aggressive players to go far these days in tournaments and that's Daniel's downfall and why he's been unable to do much this year. He's better off sticking to cash games, where he seems to do okay against the usual bunch he plays against, but if the highly aggressive players that play tournaments ever start to play in the big game against Daniel, he's going to be in a world of hurt sticking to his conservative style of playing. Lets see how Daniel would do at a cash game against John Pham, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Tuan Lee, and the other young aggressive players who are taking down tournaments left and right or making final tables. Quit playing against the same 'ol players in the big game and try a new challege if you dare Mr. Negreanu.
You got that right. Mike made the final table of the WSOP this year. Where was Daniel? Mike won the TOC and took home another million. Where was Daniel? Mike is playing some incredible poker and his psychological edge over the other players he plays against is huge. That's what makes him so dangerous to play with as he can go in anytime with 2/7 and bluff the other guy out of the pot 9 out of 10 times. Daniel on the other hand plays way too conservativly and that's why he will never make a final table at the WSOP and be LUCKY to ever make another final table at any of the other big tournaments. It takes aggressive players to go far these days in tournaments and that's Daniel's downfall and why he's been unable to do much this year. He's better off sticking to cash games, where he seems to do okay against the usual bunch he plays against, but if the highly aggressive players that play tournaments ever start to play in the big game against Daniel, he's going to be in a world of hurt sticking to his conservative style of playing. Lets see how Daniel would do at a cash game against John Pham, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Tuan Lee, and the other young aggressive players who are taking down tournaments left and right or making final tables. Quit playing against the same 'ol players in the big game and try a new challege if you dare Mr. Negreanu.
Wow. You're an utter moron.You're saying DN isn't one of the "young, aggressive" players? He is constantly and consistently lumped in with someone like Hansen. He's not a maniac, but he's uber-aggressive at a table. I would call DN's style of play one of the least conservative styles you could have. I'm sure everyone here actually agrees with that.Learn a few things and get back to us.
Please tell me you forgot the (sw) at the end of this post.
1: Paragraphs.2: If you think Negreanu is conservative I'd have to wager that you've not seen a lot of his play.3: There's a lot to be said for aggression and there's even more to be said about smart aggression. Aggression will get you on TV. Smart aggression will make you millions of dollars. 4: How would Daniel do at a cash game with those guys? It's pretty easy to win when your opponents can't afford the buy-in.
wow. I'm at a loss for words....... I hereby tender my resignation.
i agree very much lucky, i think the skill advantage can be bigger HU in nlhe than in any other game.
Stud 8 has the biggest possible edge IMO. But that aside, it's a match between two top players, which is largely why i don't think the edge can be that great.

I agree with a lot of people in this thread. I will say that many people underestimate Mike Matusow. I think Mike has learned how to manipulate people on the poker table. I think he understands about psychology and I think he has a way of manipulating people into getting their chips. Very similar to what Phil Hellmuth does but Mike might even do it better. I think Mike might be a better NL player than Phil because he is more aggressive than Phil.

The mouth is on a roll, but when the other players start to break him he will be back in the garbage bin where he is from.Congrats on his recent successes and I do wish him well, but I think his obvious mental state will be the undoing of his future. My opinion, which is worth approximately 2 cents.

when MM made that all-in bluff with AQ was it or AJ. anyway, i thought that was a terrible play. I don't mind the bet on the flop as he raised before the flop and keeping aggression going in tournament hold 'em is the right play. but the guy calls his $100,000 bet on the flop. realistically there are very few hands that MM could put the guy on where he would raise before the flop then call MM's reraise and call a big bet after the flop that wouldn't have him beat when he went all in. MM must know that the way to play him is to check-call and let him make the mistakes so it wouldn't be all that weird for a guy to just call with say KQ after the flop and let MM take another big stab at it after the turn. my first instinct when he made that bluff was that it was a terrible move, and i think it should be the same for most poker players out there. run through the hand again i think you'll agree, you can't put MM on AK because he probably would have checked the flop. also i know that chris moneymaker has not done well since his win but watching the 2003 WSOP you'll notice he called alot of all-in's because alot of times an all-in bet is an over bet and one that is begging you to lay down your hand. i think phil ivey noticed this and that's why he went all in with the trip nines hoping that moneymaker would call. all-in-all MM is a good tournament player but that bluff was probably a bad play. btw did anyone notice his HUGE tell when he was bluffing?

i guess that makes u just as dumb as him then.
Yeah, i'm retarded because i have an opinion. DN is obviously one of my favorite poker players but he doesn't really have much room to talk down on other plays right now is all i really meant.

I don't think Matusow is even close to the top of great NL players. IMO he barely breaks the top 100. He is on a great rush right now and that is good for him. Look who has also been on just as good of a rush with matusow: Steve Dannenman. Does anyone think he is a great player, Hell no.Could anybody imagine what would happen if Matusow played with Daniel and the boys in the big game. He would be broke in less than an hour. He would make a retarded all in bluff and get called by someone who has balls and a huge bankroll.The guy is entertaining and therefore very popular, but I think it would be tough for anyone here to believe that matusow is top 10 or even top 25 NL players in the world.

Every single time Mikey starts yappin' at me I tell him, "Ok, so NOW are you ready to play me head up for $500,000?" That usually shuts him up... for a minute, lol. If you asked Mikey how I played he'd say, "All I know is, is this guy is the biggest donkey in the business. Only way he could ever win is if the deck hit em' in the head going about 110 mph!" We are friends, but there is nothing wrong with needling each other. On a more serious note, Mike is a kamikaze- seriously. The dude gets it all in with 44 vs AK more than any player on the tour. When he runs good in the races he is a threat, when he doesn't, he usually blows up and gives the chips away. He is talented, but his lack of emotional control is a killer. We have played heads up 21 times in his best game... of course, he only remembers 3 times! LOL. He thinks I'm up 2-1... the truth? I won 19 out of 21 times, playing his best game, Omaha H/L. I could make a livin' off of Mikey if he had any money, lol :-)

Every single time Mikey starts yappin' at me I tell him, "Ok, so NOW are you ready to play me head up for $500,000?" That usually shuts him up... for a minute, lol. If you asked Mikey how I played he'd say, "All I know is, is this guy is the biggest donkey in the business. Only way he could ever win is if the deck hit em' in the head going about 110 mph!" We are friends, but there is nothing wrong with needling each other. On a more serious note, Mike is a kamikaze- seriously. The dude gets it all in with 44 vs AK more than any player on the tour. When he runs good in the races he is a threat, when he doesn't, he usually blows up and gives the chips away. He is talented, but his lack of emotional control is a killer. We have played heads up 21 times in his best game... of course, he only remembers 3 times! LOL. He thinks I'm up 2-1... the truth? I won 19 out of 21 times, playing his best game, Omaha H/L. I could make a livin' off of Mikey if he had any money, lol :-)
DN is the frign man!