gordon leaving celebrity poker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since apparently you don't have to be currently alive to do this, I vote for Harry Caray....Harry_Caray.jpgCubs Win Seventy Games A Year, No More Ever Because We Are The Most Overrated Franchise In Sports!!....Cubs Win Seventy Games A Year, No More Ever Because We Are The Most Overrated Franchise In Sports!! .... :club::D
corrected your post there, buddyseriously though, CHAU GIANG!!!
Since apparently you don't have to be currently alive to do this, I vote for Harry Caray....Harry_Caray.jpgCubs Win Seventy Games A Year, No More Ever Because We Are The Most Overrated Franchise In Sports!!....Cubs Win Seventy Games A Year, No More Ever Because We Are The Most Overrated Franchise In Sports!! .... :club::D
corrected your post there, buddyseriously though, CHAU GIANG!!!
Nice....Thanks.
Interview with GordonLowest point of my poker career was leaving Celebrity Poker Showdown. I loved doing the show.
Makes it sound as though leaving the show wasn't his choice. If he decided to leave, why would it be a low point in his career?

The show is very successful because it hits a demographic that the WPT or WSOP don't. With celebrities playing, they become "channel stoppers," meaning that the public sees a celeb they like and watch to see what they are doing. Then, some actually enjoy the game of hold'em from watching their favorite celebs play. It brings new people into the game which is what you want to see happen if poker is going to continue to stay mainstream. Also, why would Canadian jokes have to stop if I did the show, eh? I just don't get what that's all abOOt.

I enjoy watching poker as much as the next guy. But this Celebrity BS is exactly that. Trying to entertain me with Kathy Griffin blabbing on about who knows what. Some guy on Depserate Housewives calling a raise with 10 4 os. There has to be a better way to show me poker with famous people who are not famous by playing poker.quote]Agreed.The real question here is' date=' how can anyone stand watching that show.Although' date=' whoever suggested Chau Giang is on to something.I will watch anything he ever does. He Fing rules.[/quote'']Sorry, but I'll come to the defense of the show. It was one of the things (that and DN) that got me interested in poker just over a year ago. In the beginning it was to see the celebrities and it got me into poker. At the time, I probably thought it was "real poker" I realize that I am still not at the level of many of you, but I have come far enough to now recognize how bad the play is on that show. It makes me feel better about my own play and I occassionally learn something from one of Phil's tips. Not to insult the other ladies on here, but I really consider it more of a chick show.....like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Pure entertainment only. For "real poker" you have to go to the WPT or WSOP shows. I don't count the other "wanna be" shows either, although I am guilty of watching anything I can find involving poker.

Celebrity poker showdown is awesome for pure entertainment value. Whenever Colin Quinn is on the show, I have to stop what I'm doing and watch. I don't know how anyone cannot get a kick out of watching these players go at it.

Well obviously I can't really talk about anything that I have going on television wise, but I can tell you that I have several important decisions to make over the next month or so. I have several opportunities on the table for various projects and just want to make sure that I choose wisely. As for seeing me on TV more, you'll be getting sick of me being on TV next year! lol :-)

Also, why would Canadian jokes have to stop if I did the show, eh? I just don't get what that's all abOOt.
Anyone who has seen a 1983 movie called "Strange Brew" or "The Adventures of Bob & Doug McKenzie: Strange Brew" would pick [/size]Rick Moranis.

I am thinking maybe this guy should host:cheapthief: you know Daniel Negreanu?cheapthief: is your firend?GeorgeRooste: who is daniel negrocheapthief: he is play in tv poker.. he is sexy man, i like him ;)Come to think of it, Dave Foley usually starts the Canadian jokes. Hmm... very interesting, interesting indeed.