the ottawa biatch's pro-line experiment - day 1

Since Digital Monkey started one, I figured I mine as well try something similar. I'm put $20 into a jar and seeing how high I can get it up. Maybe if I get to $100, I'll take some out, but since pro-line is impossible to win, I'll probably just have an empty jar. Anyways, here are my picks tonight36. Ottawa at Boston OVER 6.5 (1.6)37. NYR at Tampa Bay H+ (2.3)39. Dallas at Nashville V+ (2.7)On a $3 wager, I make 28.70I don't really want to pick a winner on the Boston vs Ottawa game, just because I think Boston might actually win this one. I do expect a high scoring game though between the two. New York played last night, so I am guessing Weekes will be in net since Lungdvist played last night. Tampa Bay has an extra days rest as well. Hopefully, they'll pull this one out. This last pick here really doesn't make much sense. It's more just a gut-feeling. Turco is coming off a shut-out plus they have had about 3 days rest I believe. Best of luck to all-Ottawa Biatch

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 years later...
Epic thread IMO.
I have been reading old threads for fun..Its really cool..I found one from 2009 where me and you disagreed on a bet..It went on for 5 pages..Ovechkin vs Crosby WHAT IF THEY TIED SCENARIO...Ovy beat him by 7:)

I have been betting the NBA lately and been doing pretty well on it so far, I'm 8-3 so far on my point spread bets. I tried to do the college bowls but I don't give a shit about them other then the 5 BCS Bowls, which I'm really excited about. I stoked more for the Rose Bowl this year then the national title. The NBA is just super exciting though. It's probably my favourite sport. Especially that I'm on Christmas holidays so I can stay up to watch the Lakers and Thunder Games. I'm actually excited to watch the Timberwolves too, they're a real fun team to watch with Rubio.

I have been betting the NBA lately and been doing pretty well on it so far, I'm 8-3 so far on my point spread bets. I tried to do the college bowls but I don't give a shit about them other then the 5 BCS Bowls, which I'm really excited about. I stoked more for the Rose Bowl this year then the national title. The NBA is just super exciting though. It's probably my favourite sport. Especially that I'm on Christmas holidays so I can stay up to watch the Lakers and Thunder Games. I'm actually excited to watch the Timberwolves too, they're a real fun team to watch with Rubio.
I love watching the Lakers, and Metta Worldpeace..Love the commentators when he has the ball3 games in 3 nights is a bit much for these players though..I hate the Heat...I like the Raptors..But they will suck

I'll be happy if any team but the Heat win. If the Heat win the title, I'll cry. I think the Raptors have an outside shot at the playoffs. Especially with the short season. The Raptors don't have top tier talent but they have depth, which helps a lot with this season.

I have been reading old threads for fun..Its really cool..I found one from 2009 where me and you disagreed on a bet..It went on for 5 pages..Ovechkin vs Crosby WHAT IF THEY TIED SCENARIO...Ovy beat him by 7:)
Yeah, I remember that whole deal...it was embarrassing. I thought it was Malkin though?
Yeah, I remember that whole deal...it was embarrassing. I thought it was Malkin though?
It was stupid mostly on my part...It definetely was Crosby..Didnt want to bump it.

My fake betting card for today. Looks like bets won't be placed, but I'd probably have lost anyway. Also, the odds are at last night according to my spreadsheet, looks like a few have changed this morning/1 unit: Seattle ML, KC + 3 (payout = 4.39)3 units: NYG -3, NYG/DAL under 47.5, SF ML (payout = 4.37)1 unit: HOU ML, NE ML, Det -4.5 (payout = 4.58)I have a really good feeling that NYG are going to smoke Dallas. Then again, according to a tweet from Darren Ravell, over 80% of the early money was on NYG-3, and the books didn't change their lines, so this is almost certainly a sucker's play.

My fake betting card for today. Looks like bets won't be placed, but I'd probably have lost anyway. Also, the odds are at last night according to my spreadsheet, looks like a few have changed this morning/1 unit: Seattle ML, KC + 3 (payout = 4.39)3 units: NYG -3, NYG/DAL under 47.5, SF ML (payout = 4.37)1 unit: HOU ML, NE ML, Det -4.5 (payout = 4.58)I have a really good feeling that NYG are going to smoke Dallas. Then again, according to a tweet from Darren Ravell, over 80% of the early money was on NYG-3, and the books didn't change their lines, so this is almost certainly a sucker's play.
Welp, NYG went about exactly as I expected. Glad I didn't have bets down, or that Seattle game would've tilted me. Then again, I'd be up about $250 if the bets had been placed, so I guess I would've gotten over it...I picked awfully in pretty much every other game though, probably taking myself out of the money in my work pool, and risking lead that I thought was unsurmountable in my family pool (though I probably still won).
Detroit Ml over the saints will get your jar full again.
Saints arent losing to anyone my friend..Lets bet a friendly wager?

I am liking Denver more and more now. Mendenhall is out, leading tackle is out, and Ben is hobbling. My cousin had a $1800 parlay yesterday Edm win, SJ win, Ott under, and OK state by 4. If anyone watched that OK St vs Stanford ending will know what a roller coaster ride it was.

I am liking Denver more and more now. Mendenhall is out, leading tackle is out, and Ben is hobbling. My cousin had a $1800 parlay yesterday Edm win, SJ win, Ott under, and OK state by 4. If anyone watched that OK St vs Stanford ending will know what a roller coaster ride it was.
**** THAT..You had to remind me..I had a $25 parlay on Oregon, OVER, Oklahoma -4, OVER..I lost the ****ing parlay by one ****ing yard..**** SAKES

They were talking about this on the radio this morning. Vegas states that the TD that was called back at the end of the Fiesta bowl turned out to be a $30 MIL swing.

They were talking about this on the radio this morning. Vegas states that the TD that was called back at the end of the Fiesta bowl turned out to be a $30 MIL swing.
Yeah, maybe even more. Darren Rovell reported more than 80% of money was on OK St. Biatch the contrarian with the winning move.I'm hoping to back Biatch's contrarianness with a huge parlay (for me) on VA Tech +3 and the VA Tech/Michigan under 51.5.