hard hand to get away from..dont think its possible?

Here comes the most intelligent response to your question:Stop playing poker. You are 16 years old. Wait your turn... you won't regret it. Get a girlfriend and waste your money on her. At least you'll get something in return.Oh, and finish high school.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I getting slammed by two different people?  I'm confused?
no. nobody is referring to you.they're all referring to the OP.
Some guy made a reference about "seeing me" reloading $18 a time at pokerroom and I play there, so I thought that was a slam on me. Well he was talking about me, I dunno.
pretty sure he was talking about the OP.
Am I getting slammed by two different people?  I'm confused?
no. nobody is referring to you.they're all referring to the OP.
Some guy made a reference about "seeing me" reloading $18 a time at pokerroom and I play there, so I thought that was a slam on me. Well he was talking about me, I dunno.
pretty sure he was talking about the OP.
And besides, I reload $20 a time at pokerroom. 8)
Wow Dude....that was a seriously loose call, putting almost all of your chips at risk.  Firstly, If I am dealt J-10 I only play it if Im in late position and I can get in cheap.  I think your first mistake was playing these cards after a pre-flop raise of 7 times the big blind was placed.  Secondly, after the flop you only had a pair of 10's with a J kicker.  Now, a bet was placed by the initial raiser just over the size of the pot...Why would you make this call with marginal cards in your hand?  Your only options at this point was to come over the top for 2 or 3 times his bet or fold.  If you chose to make the raise and you were either called or re-raised you know you are beat.  At that point you would have folded and only lost $150.  Instead you chose to call....which is a sign of weakness to your opponants.  Now, a card comes off on the turn that seems to have made your hand unbeatable in your mind.  Your opponant pushes all in and you call hoping he has a high PP...This hand was a trap from the start.  My opinion....Good luck and reconsider your options the next time you are dealt J-10.
flop play is fine. pot was 105 after the flop, and 135 to him.he was calling w/ 1:4.5 odds, good enough for an open ended straight draw and a pair.
Here comes the most intelligent response to your question:Stop playing poker.  You are 16 years old.  Wait your turn... you won't regret it.  Get a girlfriend and waste your money on her.  At least you'll get something in return.Oh, and finish high school.
Here you go, ibuddy. In case you were too young to see it.
Here comes the most intelligent response to your question:Stop playing poker.  You are 16 years old.  Wait your turn... you won't regret it.  Get a girlfriend and waste your money on her.  At least you'll get something in return.Oh, and finish high school.
He's 22 jesus... Get off his jockstrap.
Bud your a joke do me a favor and just not respond to my posts....for 1) dont talk to me like im a kid...im an adult..im 24 so whatever this 16 year old fantasy you got of me, doesnt exist....3)get a girlfriend? now your talking personal like ur on my jock strap...stop staulkin and give it up...i got a girlfriend. 4) i probably make 10times as much as you do in "real" life. oh now i get it...you were the kid in high school everyone pushed into the lockers.
Bud your a joke do me a favor and just not respond to my posts....for 1) dont talk to me like im a kid...im an adult..im 24 so whatever this 16 year old fantasy you got of me, doesnt exist....3)get a girlfriend? now your talking personal like ur on my jock strap...stop staulkin and give it up...i got a girlfriend. 4) i probably make 10times as much as you do in "real" life. oh now i get it...you were the kid in high school everyone pushed into the lockers.
Online poker is fake? Damnit all to hell.
use yer wurds liek a big boi!brb.
Online poker is fake? Damnit all to hell.
you beat me to it.

you can't fold a JT to a 7x bb raise????? first off, what hand do you put the raiser on which you beat? you're a coinflip with 22-99 and nearly every other playable hand has you killed. even "The Donk" has you crushed with her KJs. seriously, are you just playing JT here for straight value?

I fold preflop, but that's just me.
you will never get anywhere just playing AA KK QQ AK all the time...I persoanlly like J 10 a lot i dont know how you could fold that preflop.
You asked how to get away from the hand. That's how, get rid of marginal hands pre flop. This isn't a flame, just an answer
You're so mature, still wearing a ****ing backwards hat like some retarded frat boy. I don't know too many retarded frat boys who make enough yearly to confidently state such an earning disparity between him and someone he doesnt know? I think you need to buck up and admit that you have some serious issues with evaluating the strength of your hole cards and more importantly, other's hole cards??? Maybe I'm completely off, and if I am, don't worry guys i can take a few flames, all part of the forum fun.
You're so mature, still wearing a censored backwards hat like some retarded frat boy. I don't know too many retarded frat boys who make enough yearly to confidently state such an earning disparity between him and someone he doesnt know? I think you need to buck up and admit that you have some serious issues with evaluating the strength of your hole cards and more importantly, other's hole cards??? Maybe I'm completely off, and if I am, don't worry guys i can take a few flames, all part of the forum fun.
Whoa, back up...I am one of those backwards-wearing frat boys who make enough yearly to confidently state something along the same lines (SW -- kinda)
Have 10 J in mid position.....guy after the blinds call I call....we are playing 2-5 NL and I ahve $400 in front of me.Small blind raises to 35....I fold
FYPSeriously though... why the hell did you play JT from middle position for a 7x raise?More seriously, do you play online? If so, which sites and what's your screen name?
What happened to 2) ?
Have 10 J in mid position.....guy after the blinds call I call....we are playing 2-5 NL and I ahve $400 in front of me.
Yes, JT is playable, but I fold it in mid position.
Small blind raises to 35....guy after blinds calls I call.  Flop comes Q 10 9. Small blind checks, guy after blinds bets 30....I call.  small blind calls. Turn comes a 10.  Small blind checks...guy after blinds bets 40 ....i think...i just call worrying what small blind has.  Small blind pushes all in for 250..other guy folds.....im sitting on open ended straight with trips....WOW talk about impossible to fold.So Of course I call.....small blind shows KJ.  Hoping he had AQ, AA or KK.  So river comes blank.
Hmmm...do you see a pattern here? You are a calling station. You should have folded preflop, and especially after being raised by SB, but given that you didn't, did you ever consider a raise? You could be (and were) drawing almost dead from the flop on. In fact, you were dominated preflop too. You were never ahead in this hand, and you slowly put your whole stack in. A raise would maybe have told you that. Raise the flop, and fold to a re-raise. If he flat-calls and leads the turn, it's a bit harder to fold, but you can definately get away from this hand preflop or on the flop.