mechanical engineering jobs

You loser! Mechanical engineers are queer! We're gonna' get us some trucks, and we're gonna' get us some fags, and we're gonna have us a good old fasion "fag drag"!  I really like that line, if you can't tell.'  :club:
Being a make believe pirate is a much better line of work...OP, you don't have a location in your profile, are you willing to move anywhere?The market is pretty good right now, you should be able to find something on monster or hotjobs..at least some companies to submit resumes...

I think posting your location might be useful.Look online for something you want to do. Look at different companies that do things that interest you and relate to your major and contact them.I'm a ChemE in the Philly area, I'm on co-op, but we have to do a whole job search and everything. Engineering is good because it gives you a lot of leeway on what you can do.Last year I worked for the water department, this year I'm working for an engine oil additive company, and I could have taken a pharmaceutical job to boot. Needless to say, I'm sure you will have multiple types of jobs available to you.

Not to try and bring you down or anything, but youre probably gonna have trouble finding a job over the next couple of months. The holidays are coming up, people are going on vacation, and companies arent anxious to give some new employee holiday pay.What I would focus on the most during this tme is working on your resume. I was out of work for about 4-5 months this year and ended up getting a new job in August. After getting almost NO hits for about 3 months, I ended up changing my resume a little and I got a lot more hits with most leading to interviews.I dont think you need to pay someone to do your resume, but just remember, these people get tons of resumes everyday. Getting past the filter is hard enough, but the managers are only going going to glance at your resume for 5-10 seconds to see if they need to read further. Be sure you have some stuff right at the top that is easy to read and will get their attention.

In all honestyPaying someone to get your resume God-like and avoiding those 3 months without a job is +ev.GL in your search.
I would probably agree with that if you're having a lot of trouble with it. But remember there are resume writing companies that still dont do a very good job (I've seen people get their resume done and still arent getting hits). So you still have to know what to look for. Plus you are going to have to tailor your resume depending on the exact qualifications for the job and possibly the hiring company. It just took me a while to figure out what to do. After I figured it out, it wasnt that bad. But I was in a fortunate position where I didnt really need a job at that time so I wasnt getting all stressed out over it and reacted much slower than people in more desperate situations.