It made for good tv, I'm sure ESPN was happy. Mike talks to be funny and get under people's skin, the Sheik does it to create a persona for himself. I guess it worked, we are all talking about him. I was happy when Mike busted him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the rest of you. I think the "Sheik" is a prick and has no respect for anyone other than himself. I also rooted for him in the hand against that Tiffany chick though. She was one of the most lucky and ultimately annoying players in the final rounds of the Main Event in my opinion. :?

I thought Mike was LOL hysterical in his quick comeback barbs to Sheik:Sheik: "I think this is a defective poker tournament"Mike: "Well I think you are a defective human being.....HAAAAAAAAAA!"

The guys a flat out jerk, he did a lot of other stuff that they didn't show.
anything in particular you know of, just wondering....
He made the female dealer cry and he got a warning about it.
What did he ask her out on a date??OOOOOO Burn! (lame)and above i wasnt dissing on Arieh I was saying that if the Sheik is the next Arieh we will see more of him because Josh made several appearences after 2003.
Mikey rules....Shiek's a douchebag.  The only time I rooted for him the whole tourney is when he had to wait 10 minutes for that donkey Tiffany to fold her KJ to his AA.
I see no reason why the continued harping on Tiffany Williamson- the play where everybody refers to her as a donkey- SHE FOLDED. It took awhile, but she made the correct play, and here reasoning out loud was questionable- BUT SHE MADE THE CORRECT PLAY!!! From what I have seen so far it looks like she was just playing a big stack a little too aggresively- and if you are going to ere at all, ere on the side of aggression. Too get as far as she did showed that overall she played well.

I see no reason why the continued harping on Tiffany Williamson- the play where everybody refers to her as a donkey- SHE FOLDED. It took awhile, but she made the correct play, and here reasoning out loud was questionable- BUT SHE MADE THE CORRECT PLAY!!! From what I have seen so far it looks like she was just playing a big stack a little too aggresively- and if you are going to ere at all, ere on the side of aggression. Too get as far as she did showed that overall she played well.She didn't make the correct play!THE CORRECT PLAY WAS MADE FOR HER!

Mikey rules....Shiek's a douchebag.  The only time I rooted for him the whole tourney is when he had to wait 10 minutes for that donkey Tiffany to fold her KJ to his AA.
Tiffany (after being timed out of the hand):can I at least see them? :cry: Shiek: no :club:
I see no reason why the continued harping on Tiffany Williamson- the play where everybody refers to her as a donkey- SHE FOLDED. It took awhile' date=' but she made the correct play, and here reasoning out loud was questionable- [b']BUT SHE MADE THE CORRECT PLAY[/b]!!! From what I have seen so far it looks like she was just playing a big stack a little too aggresively- and if you are going to ere at all, ere on the side of aggression. Too get as far as she did showed that overall she played well.She didn't make the correct play!THE CORRECT PLAY WAS MADE FOR HER! She ended up folding an inferior hand preflop AFTER playing it too aggressively- that is the correct play, after making a mistake, which we all do at times. So, she deserves credit for playing good aggressive poker in my book. Look, you can say what you want from the cheap seats but truth is aggression and even overaggression is the way to go, end of story.
Mikey rules....Shiek's a douchebag. The only time I rooted for him the whole tourney is when he had to wait 10 minutes for that donkey Tiffany to fold her KJ to his AA.
Tiffany (after being timed out of the hand):can I at least see them? :cry: Shiek: no :club:

Maybe the guy is a jackass, but I don't think you can judge based on his behavior under probably the highest stress of his life. Everyone in the poker world was jumping up and down on Josh Arieh after his behavior last year, and he turned out to be a pretty decent dude away from the stress. Sheikhan seems a lot more over the top than Josh though, but you can probably chalk it up to The Mouth making him his personal whipping boy. I'd probably want to take a swing after that much jabbing too...I wonder how much of it was just psychological, trying to get an edge by creeping in people's heads. He *did* coax an all in call out of Matusow with 7-2, and you know it was just because Mike wanted to bust him with the worst hand possible, just to rub it in his face on national TV. Sheikhan probably earned himself an extra $250,000 just by getting into it with Matusow, without that call he likely wouldn't have made it into the top 20.

She was not pushing with weak hands where maybe the other player will fold. She continually called off her chips with inferior hands. I don't consider calling with weak hands aggression.
Wrong- a few key hands they showed she made some loose calls, bad choices. The rest of the time presumably she would have had to have played well, otherwise she would not have lasted as long as she did. Once again people read way to much into what they see on ESPN- believe it or not, it is not the whole story, just a small fraction of it.

The Sheik and Matasow are both badasses. They turned one of the most boring games to watch into probably the funniest wsop episode ever made. I laughed so hard when mike told him to shut the f*** up after he slammed the table. I also started laughing when Sheik said "If i go all in will you call?" then mike said"Hahahah no..im gonna fold hahahahaha" with his gigantic chip stack next to Sheiks stack that was about twice the blind.

Maybe the guy is a jackass, but I don't think you can judge based on his behavior under probably the highest stress of his life. Everyone in the poker world was jumping up and down on Josh Arieh after his behavior last year, and he turned out to be a pretty decent dude away from the stress.  Sheikhan seems a lot more over the top than Josh though, but you can probably chalk it up to The Mouth making him his personal whipping boy. I'd probably want to take a swing after that much jabbing too...I wonder how much of it was just psychological, trying to get an edge by creeping in people's heads. He *did* coax an all in call out of Matusow with 7-2, and you know it was just because Mike wanted to bust him with the worst hand possible, just to rub it in his face on national TV. Sheikhan probably earned himself an extra $250,000 just by getting into it with Matusow, without that call he likely wouldn't have made it into the top 20.
No, the guy is a jackass, I watched him a lot playing mixed games during the side action at the WSOP, and he berated and yelled at every single dealer. Threw cards at other players, tried to fight ATLEAST 4 or 5 times, and would keep grabbing the mucked and burned cards even when the other players kept telling him not to.
Maybe the guy is a jackass, but I don't think you can judge based on his behavior under probably the highest stress of his life. Everyone in the poker world was jumping up and down on Josh Arieh after his behavior last year, and he turned out to be a pretty decent dude away from the stress.  Sheikhan seems a lot more over the top than Josh though, but you can probably chalk it up to The Mouth making him his personal whipping boy. I'd probably want to take a swing after that much jabbing too...I wonder how much of it was just psychological, trying to get an edge by creeping in people's heads. He *did* coax an all in call out of Matusow with 7-2, and you know it was just because Mike wanted to bust him with the worst hand possible, just to rub it in his face on national TV. Sheikhan probably earned himself an extra $250,000 just by getting into it with Matusow, without that call he likely wouldn't have made it into the top 20.
No, the guy is a jackass, I watched him a lot playing mixed games during the side action at the WSOP, and he berated and yelled at every single dealer. Threw cards at other players, tried to fight ATLEAST 4 or 5 times, and would keep grabbing the mucked and burned cards even when the other players kept telling him not to.
I'll take first hand accounts over my own perceptions any day of the week...

One of my favorite moments was when this happened:Sheik: "Man, it's hot in here." (while pulling on his shirt)Matusow: "Don't worry, you won't be around much longer."Classic

Didn't at one point when they were showing highlights of that day.  Mike and the Sheik were standing and squaring off at each other and the Sheik shoved him or something?
I saw this but it was kind of weird the way they just threw it in there, it was literally like a 1.5 second clip and i was hoping to see further. I have this eeeeeeerie feeling ESPN asked them to do that for the cameras, because even when the show started they first started commenting on how the two of them don't mix and they are like "oil and water". Obviously this was the whole hype of this episode, and I enjoyed it greatly.
You have to admit this is one highly redeeming moment for this guy. Splendid.