Party Poker $25max PLOi want to give my reasoning on every street and please tell me if there are any mistakes along the wayStack Sizes:villian (20ish)bb (25.90)I'm in the SB with Q :club: J :D K :) 10 :) 4 callers, i complete, bb checksi know i shouldn't be completing a lot of hands in the sb because i'm out of position but this seemed like too good of a price for such a good drawing hand.Flop (6 players, $1.50)10 :D 10 :) 5 :D i check, bb checks, villian bets $1, i call, bb callsi decide to just call and see what comes on the turn, i don't want to push with this hand to hard yetTurn (3 players, 4.50)J :) i pot, bb calls, other player foldscan't see why i wouldn't have the best hand here, this could easily be a flush draw, trip tens, 55River (2 players, 13.50)7 :) i pot, bb raises the rest of his stack, i callpretty easy call getting atleast 5-1 on my money

well you played every street right in my book. You can only be beaten by JJ. You might want to check raise on 4th street if you know he is going to bet, plus you have 2 overcards if he has JT. If you lose to JJ that is poker.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with completing the sb with this hand, I think you'd be insane not to. You played the hand fine, I also would probably try to checkraise the turn. You check/call of the flop - bet out on turn screams J10 or JJ to me.

does anyone have a problem with me check calling the flop?or is betting or perhaps checkraising better?
You must check call the flop. Your hand is not good at all, yet. When a jack comes you have second nuts. On the flop you have a tenuous third nuts with two to come. Check raising here is a very bad idea.

in Omaha there is a saying, that the best possible hand is usually out there. That is something you need to remember!Anyways, this is a check fold, for example, if you are playing against 3 people. Say you check, the next guy pots it, the next guy re-pots it. What are they telling you about their hands? It is very easy to guess what they have(unless they are stupid, anf you can find better places to get your money in with them). One guy has 55 for the small boat and current nuts(because we know the other guy can't have quads) and the other guy has AT. Your KT is 3rd best and looking awful at this point. If you can't easily fold this then PLO isn't the game for you. Folding KT there shows discipline, which is a skill that will win the money. If someone is overplaying a JT, QT, etc, or thinks his aces are still good or something, let them take the pot. It is not profitable for you to stay in this hand with KT. You will get them when you have 55, or TT - a made hand.In this case having undercards is sometimes good. For instance if the flop is KK5, why is your hand way better? Because any Q, J, or T is going to make you a nut full house. Where on a board of TT5 any K, Q, J is going to make you second nuts(dead to KK, QQ, JJ). And you can't raise with your trips to get those hands to fold because or your measly holdings. You should be playing underfulls for small pots (JJTTT on a JTT board) and overfulls for huge pots (KKKTT on a KKT board).

in Omaha there is a saying, that the best possible hand is usually out there. That is something you need to remember!Anyways, this is a check fold, for example, if you are playing against 3 people. Say you check, the next guy pots it, the next guy re-pots it. What are they telling you about their hands? It is very easy to guess what they have(unless they are stupid, anf you can find better places to get your money in with them). One guy has 55 for the small boat and current nuts(because we know the other guy can't have quads) and the other guy has AT. Your KT is 3rd best and looking awful at this point. If you can't easily fold this then PLO isn't the game for you. Folding KT there shows discipline, which is a skill that will win the money. If someone is overplaying a JT, QT, etc, or thinks his aces are still good or something, let them take the pot. It is not profitable for you to stay in this hand with KT. You will get them when you have 55, or TT - a made hand.In this case having undercards is sometimes good. For instance if the flop is KK5, why is your hand way better? Because any Q, J, or T is going to make you a nut full house. Where on a board of TT5 any K, Q, J is going to make you second nuts(dead to KK, QQ, JJ). And you can't raise with your trips to get those hands to fold because or your measly holdings. You should be playing underfulls for small pots (JJTTT on a JTT board) and overfulls for huge pots (KKKTT on a KKT board).
You don't worry about JJ the way the hand was played. If someone stayed in there with Js or god forbid had something like AJJT then so be it, you are going broke.
if i pot this how does the rest of the hand play from there?what happens if i get called in one or more spots, should i slow down?what if i get raised on the flop?this may be straight forward but i have a tendency to overplay hands and this seems like a great example of a hand i would overplay.
One guy has 55 for the small boat and current nutsT5 is the nuts.
geez, my bad. It's a lot easier when you are playing versus responding to a post you read 20 minutes ago. But yeah, I was wrong, my bad. Anyways, if you pot the flop you will be probing for information. If you get raised you have to toss it, if not you take down the pot. If you get called, assess from then on out from what cards come. Right smash?

Potting the flop should get you heads up 99% of the time. I guess it's possible 55 calls a pot here or ever reraises, but it doesn't seem likely. The only hand that should be reraising this flop is T5xx. Not raising the $1 bet into you encourages overpairs to stick around here, which is bad. Call a flop repot, fold the turn if you don't fill up and there's a massive bet into you. In position if it's checked to you on the turn and you don't fill, take the free card. River play when you don't fill up and are bet into will be highly read dependent, but I'd lean towards folding.Most big mistakes in Omaha are made on rivers, either folding too many big pots to bluffs or paying off too much, but probably the latter much more so at $25 buy in.With the overcards you have a strong, but very vulnerable hand on the flop, winning it there is a fantastic result.good luck.

Smash wrote: I guess it's possible 55 calls a pot here or ever reraises, but it doesn't seem likely. The only hand that should be reraising this flop is T5xx. Were you saying if I had 55 here I shouldn't be reraising and letting the trip to outdrawing me, or I should even be folding? I reraised with 55 here everytime. Bad play because i don't give credit to my villain having T5?

Were you saying if I had 55 here I shouldn't be reraising and letting the trip to outdrawing me, or I should even be folding? I reraised with 55 here everytime. Bad play because i don't give credit to my villain having T5?I'd fold it.PLO is much more about later street visability when the pot sizes are larger. You will have none with 55 unless you hit quads. You will fairly often be drawing completely dead to bets on later streets with 55 when the pot size is much larger and even when you're ahead you'll have absolutely no idea if you are. Having the second nuts and no redraw on the flop is a good way to lose a lot of money.good luck.

Were you saying if I had 55 here I shouldn't be reraising and letting the trip to outdrawing me, or I should even be folding? I reraised with 55 here everytime. Bad play because i don't give credit to my villain having T5?I'd fold it.PLO is much more about later street visability when the pot sizes are larger. You will have none with 55 unless you hit quads. You will fairly often be drawing completely dead to bets on later streets with 55 when the pot size is much larger and even when you're ahead you'll have absolutely no idea if you are. Having the second nuts and no redraw on the flop is a good way to lose a lot of money.good luck.
Thank you! Sometimes we feel bad because we had to let go of our current best hand, but when we lose a big pot, we will think hey why didn't I fold it on the flop... I only lose a little money ...
You know you are in deep trouble if you repot with 55 and get called. 55 is a fold or repot. If called, put no more money in, because any bet has you beat.