overcalls, i think i got one right (1/2 lhe)

I've posted some overcalls situations in the past and always played them wrong. In this instance, I think I played it right for once. Tear me apart if I ****ed up again though!Been at this table for about 20 hands, and I'm watching football and browsing here, so no reads. I had notes on one guy at the table already, but he folded pf.Hero is BB with T:spade: J:spade:3 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, sb raises, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.Flop (10 SB): A:diamond: J:heart: 2:spade:sb checks, hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button bets, sb calls, hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.Turn(7.5 BB): K:spade:sb checks, hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.River(7.5 BB): A:spade:sb bets, hero calls, MP3 calls, Button raises, sb calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.Preflop: standardFlop: slightly loose, but getting 12:1 immediate, it isn't bad.Turn: I didn't have the equity to bet this unless all stay in. I was actually considering a check/raise if button bet and sb called, but that didn't happen.River: discuss

On the flop, I like raising better than calling here. You've got about 8 outs or so, if we give you 5 for Jacks and Tens and 1.5 each for the backdoor str8 and backdoor flush. Raising will often get you a free look at the river here. I think the pot is too big to fold your hand, but I personally hate calling.I think the river is ok. You've got two people to act behind you, which I think makes this a good situation for overcalls. I'm re-reading SSHE right now and haven't quite gotten to that section yet, so it's been a long time since I've read it and I'm not entirely sure, but I think you're good there. Of course, the button raising was great for you with the 2nd nuts.

On the flop, I like raising better than calling here. You've got about 8 outs or so, if we give you 5 for Jacks and Tens and 1.5 each for the backdoor str8 and backdoor flush. Raising will often get you a free look at the river here. I think the pot is too big to fold your hand, but I personally hate calling.I think the river is ok. You've got two people to act behind you, which I think makes this a good situation for overcalls. I'm re-reading SSHE right now and haven't quite gotten to that section yet, so it's been a long time since I've read it and I'm not entirely sure, but I think you're good there. Of course, the button raising was great for you with the 2nd nuts.
I can see an argument for raising as button could just be betting since he was checked to and I could get a weak ace to fold from MP3 or CO, but with sb calling, he's not going anywhere and I very likely don't have the best hand, nor do I have an equity edge.And on the river, I don't have the 2nd nuts. The board paired, so I have like the 15th nuts. Had it not, I'd be raising that bitch all night long.Oh, and c/r the flop will not get me a free river "often". I used to try to c/r for a free card all the time and it just doesn't work. People bet when checked to on the turn after being c/r on the flop, even if I pull the double c/r a couple times on them. They just can't help themselves.
I can see an argument for raising as button could just be betting since he was checked to and I could get a weak ace to fold from MP3 or CO, but with sb calling, he's not going anywhere and I very likely don't have the best hand, nor do I have an equity edge.And on the river, I don't have the 2nd nuts. The board paired, so I have like the 15th nuts. Had it not, I'd be raising that censored all night long.Oh, and c/r the flop will not get me a free river "often". I used to try to c/r for a free card all the time and it just doesn't work. People bet when checked to on the turn after being c/r on the flop, even if I pull the double c/r a couple times on them. They just can't help themselves.
Sorry, I blew that one...you don't have the 2nd nuts, you have the 2nd nut flush. What I meant was that I like the button raising because it gets more money in the pot when you're very likely to have the best hand.

I disagree with yuor analysis... but I don't know the results.prelop: good/Flop: at least call..but I think a raise might be good. Maybe clean up T outs.Turn: Bet!.. you have 12 outs to an almost nut or nut draw..plus you have J outs... maybe even some T outs...River: I think it's good.*************read replies*************I'm with CinciOn flop: You probably do have equity against 4 opponents..and if some fold, that's good.Matt: did you see the board pair?

I misread the hand actuary. i thought the board had a straight and the back door flush on it...I think the call is probably alright since the board paired though i think u are still ahead enough times here