the doyle brunson standing ovation phenomenon

Nah, probally something close to knowing that you have spent the last 9 months of your life making 25 posts a day on this website. Are you #1 yet, cause I am sure thats your goal. Were all very impressed.By the way, how did you do in the main event this year?
Ouch, he goes RIGHT to post count. :roll: :roll: 24.5/day of them were from work. FYI. I won as much money as you did at the main event, btw.I'm done with this thread, btw.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doyle deserves a standing ovation. Doyle just finished 10th. Is that not good enough for a standing ovation for the greatest poker player who ever lived? He deserves it if he goes out first. Nobody knows how many more times we will be able to see Doyle work his tournament magic and everyone appreciates what Doyle has done for the game of poker. Again, this is why he deserves a standing ovation.
Yeah, I guess I see it. At least you said it intelligently. I think BigDMcGee said it best when comparing it to Clemens.
Nah, probally something close to knowing that you have spent the last 9 months of your life making 25 posts a day on this website. Are you #1 yet, cause I am sure thats your goal. Were all very impressed.By the way, how did you do in the main event this year?
Ouch, he goes RIGHT to post count. :roll: :roll: 24.5/day of them were from work. FYI. I won as much money as you did at the main event, btw.I'm done with this thread, btw.
No your not.
Ok, I am a Doyle fan. I would like to pre state that for the haters, slamers, sarcasm users, and forum flamers. But come on, does he really need a standing ovation every time he gets knocked out of a tournament? That would be like the Red Sox fans calling for a curtain call every time David Ortiz...struck out!?!How about this. Doyle Brunson getting a standing ovation every time he gets knocked out of a tournament is like ___________________________.fill in the blank.this should be fun...
:? I didnt know David Ortiz struck out, everytime i see him it seems he's hitting a game-winning homer...Doyle deserves everything he gets for what he has done, regardless
Doyle deserves a standing ovation. Doyle just finished 10th. Is that not good enough for a standing ovation for the greatest poker player who ever lived? He deserves it if he goes out first. Nobody knows how many more times we will be able to see Doyle work his tournament magic and everyone appreciates what Doyle has done for the game of poker. Again, this is why he deserves a standing ovation.
Yeah, I guess I see it. At least you said it intelligently. I think BigDMcGee said it best when comparing it to Clemens.
Did somebody just say i just said something intelligently? THANK YOU.
So that make it better? You are only #5. You need to set the bar higher and drop in on every post with your negative, bashing opinions everytime. That does everyone good.You can't tell me its better to not go at all then to get knocked out by some dude hitting a straight flush on you. Its not like I bluffed all my chips off. The dude made a straight flush. At least when I watch the main event on tv, I can think about what it felt like to be in there throwing cards around and hearing the chips rather then wonder. Give me a break...
No your not.
LOL

Doyle Brunson getting a standing ovation every time he gets knocked out of a tournament is like people in calgary giving Gretzky the standing o when he made his coaching debut with pheonix. both were deserved...

Doyle Brunson getting a standing ovation every time he gets knocked out of a tournament is like people in calgary giving Gretzky the standing o when he made his coaching debut with pheonix. both were deserved...
not bad either...
the OP is so dumb
No, he's a genius. It is the Brunson who is dumb.
'Shut the censored up!! Brunson is a legend. His poop is worth more than your life.
How much is dust worth?Seriously, giraffes have long necks.
the OP is so dumb
No, he's a genius. It is the Brunson who is dumb.
'Shut the censored up!! Brunson is a legend. His poop is worth more than your life.
How much is dust worth?Seriously, giraffes have long necks.
I disagree. Giraffes only appear to have long necks because they have such short fingernails.Grapes taste good only in the summertime under a tree.
It's just a sign of respect for someone who has done more for the game than anybody else. Before you criticize, maybe you should contribute to something (anything) for the next fifty years and help make it a national phenomenon. Then, I'll listen to you.
:clap::clap::clap:
Doyle Brunson getting a standing ovation every time he gets knocked out of a tournament is like the sun rising in the east and setting in the west - if you have a problem with it go live where the sun don't shine
This is the lamest thing I've ever seen in print. When were you born, in the 1800s? Do you act in spaghetti westerns? Blech.
But then again.. it's more like Rodger Clemens getting standing ovations every time he gets pulled out of a game.. which he does.
Not from opposing teams or players he doesnt. Clemens does not get even get appluase that often from opposing fans. Not unless he does something phenominal on the field.Which is what makes the ovation for Bruson a little odd - the ovation is being given by opposing players. While I understand it and I'm not complaining about it, in other sports you rarely see players give a opponent an ovation (regardless of the players status). You most certainly dont see it as often as poker players giving Brunson an ovation. I guess it's just one of those things in poker.
It's just a sign of respect for someone who has done more for the game than anybody else. Before you criticize, maybe you should contribute to something (anything) for the next fifty years and help make it a national phenomenon. Then, I'll listen to you.
:clap::clap::clap:

I was at the Legends on 04' when he won the WPT main event. WHAT A MOMENT!!!!! When he won the event we all got up and gave a long ovation. Then, when the crowd went silent. (my turn to get loud. I always do) I yelled, "We love you Doyle!!" And he turned around right away and yelled back. I love you too.He's a true legend. And it was a privledge to be able to see him win another title.

They actually tried to kick me out for booing when doyle got knocked out. I mean the guy one of the most inexperienced players alive, and has a complete lack of class. Word on the street is that only half of his bracelets were actually won by him. And the other half were won by cheating.