pz going pro, quits his job

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt quit poker though because i like it too much (thats why i chose the name PokerZealot) it sa fun way to make more than fascists companies like pizza hut!
Yeah... That is pretty clever there.What is the difference between a Large Pepperoni Pizza and a Professional Poker player?...a large Pizza can feed a family of four.I'm here all week folks......tip your waitstaff.
Yeah... That is pretty clever there.What is the difference between a Large Pepperoni Pizza and a Professional Poker player?...a large Pizza can feed a family of four.I'm here all week folks......tip your waitstaff.
How is the veal?Any good?
It's real bad on your work record when you just leave a job without reason. Seriously. If you ever have to apply for a security clearance, you'll have to clear that pizza hut fiasco with your agency.
Wild guess: this ain't gonna be an issue
It's real bad on your work record when you just leave a job without reason. Seriously. If you ever have to apply for a security clearance, you'll have to clear that pizza hut fiasco with your agency.
No he won't. The DoD security clearance adjudication manual used to be online: leaving your job without notice is only a very minor character blip, if anything. "At-will employment" works both ways, doesn't it? Nobody gives a damn about some delivery boy quitting--It's not like he's the CFO of Merrill f*cking Lynch. As long as he's good at bankroll management, reducing his expenses and living frugally, I say go for it: making $7 an hour at anything is for complete suckers. Unless he has kids to support, he's better off opting out of wage slavery altogether. Craigslist provides dozens of ways to get temporary gigs: he could put up flyers offering his services as a dog walker and make more money than that.
No he won't. The DoD security clearance adjudication manual used to be online: leaving your job without notice is only a very minor character blip, if anything. "At-will employment" works both ways, doesn't it? Nobody gives a damn about some delivery boy quitting--It's not like he's the CFO of Merrill f*cking Lynch. As long as he's good at bankroll management, reducing his expenses and living frugally, I say go for it: making $7 an hour at anything is for complete suckers. Unless he has kids to support, he's better off opting out of wage slavery altogether. Craigslist provides dozens of ways to get temporary gigs: he could put up flyers offering his services as a dog walker and make more money than that.
A loser show his stripes early and often. Anyone passive aggressive enough to quit a job by walking out while taking out the trash isn't likely to be terribly successful in any of his future endeavors. And yes there are exceptions to any rule, but I'd still take this action as a good indicator of future performance.
cer3sp2.jpg
A loser show his stripes early and often. Anyone passive aggressive enough to quit a job by walking out while taking out the trash isn't likely to be terribly successful in any of his future endeavors. And yes there are exceptions to any rule, but I'd still take this action as a good indicator of future performance.
Oh, probably. I might add that anyone antisocial enough to drop out of the workforce to play poker isn't likely to be in a position to need a hardcore SSBI background investigation in the first place. And if they did, they'd probably fail for a whole host of reasons...walking out on the job would be the least of their problems. (e.g. alcoholism, hookers and blow, shady associates, gambling addiction, atrocious credit, gross degeneracy, etc.)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Scope_...d_InvestigationOn the other hand, being a good, dependable cog in the machine is vastly overrated.
they dont give you 2 weeks before they fire you so why should you give them 2 weeks before you quit
Because you're a peon. Haven't you learned how our great American system works yet? When you hold the absolute last place in society's pecking order, showing insubordination and ungratefulness is outrageous and unheard of. Or any independent thought. Or balls. Nope, you better know your place and like it. Be a good, obedient little consumer like you're supposed to or you'll "get a bad record" and never find another master again.
Does anyone know about the 2 week notice?I can't count how many people leave my organization without notice. Months later, I get a phone call, asking me to help them come back in. I ask if they gave notice. They said no. Where I work, if you do not give notice when you leave, you are automatically ineligible for rehire. This is standard practice at most companies. Now I know you probably have no intentions on going back to Pizza Hut but this is a practice you should learn to break soon.
Not only are you not eligible for rehire at your old company but anymore the only information most companies will give prospective employers as far as a reference are dates worked and whether or not they're eligible for rehire.From someone that oversees 10 stores and does a lot of hiring, good luck getting a new job (a decent one anyway) if your last employer says you are not eligible for rehire.
Because you're a peon. Haven't you learned how our great American system works yet? When you hold the absolute last place in society's pecking order, showing insubordination and ungratefulness is outrageous and unheard of. Or any independent thought. Or balls. Nope, you better know your place and like it. Be a good, obedient little consumer like you're supposed to or you'll "get a bad record" and never find another master again.
Bitter much?
  • 1 year later...

I had to post here just because i just got back from walking 100 Yards to pick up my pizza hut for lunch at work.

I had to post here just because i just got back from walking 100 Yards to pick up my pizza hut for lunch at work.
Who in the world would walk the length of a football field for Pizza Hut pizza????????????????????????????