• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see this final table on t.v. Matusow and Hellmuth with two big stacks. Not to mention phils old buddy hoyt corkins. I wish more players talked censored like hellmuth and matusow do. Its good for the game because it makes such great tv.
no people shouldn't talk more .... on the outer tables, just at the final table. :club:

Hand 1 - Tony Bloom has the button in seat 8, and Mike Matusow has the big blind. (Doyle Brunson, who was eliminated in tenth place, would have been the small blind this hand.) Everyone folds to Matusow, giving him his blind back, along with the antes. Matusow has already started jarring verbally with Phil Hellmuth, taking a break between hands to discuss sunglasses. Then he pulls out the "new, official Mike Matusow sunglasses," and puts them on. They are Raymer-style, with a holographic image over the eyes. But instead of reptile eyes, they feature a hand giving someone the finger. The crowd has a good laugh, as does Hellmuth.Hand 2 - Mike Matusow has the button in seat 9, Bloom raises to $12,000, winning the blinds and antes.HAHAHA :club:

this is going to make for some sick tv! :-) Hand 3 - Mike Matusow has the button in seat 9, Sexton raises to $12,000, winning the blinds and antes. During the hand, Matusow is introducing the players to the crowd, similar to how he did in a CardPlayer.com video at the WSOP this summer. He calls Dannenmann "the man who ruined my life," and calls Hellmuth "a legend in his own mind." Tony Bloom gets labeled, "the guy who took all my chips yesterday." Hand 4 - Steve Dannenmann has the button in seat 1, Matusow raises to $12,000, winning the blinds and antes. In between hands, Dannenmann gives Matusow a wrapped gift. Matusow asks, "Is it the four million you stole from me this summer?" (Referring to the World Series final table.) It's a small globe, similar to the one that Dannenmann uses as a card protector. He explains that he and Matusow were sitting next to each other on day one, and Matusow kept singing, "He's got the whole world in his hands," referring to the globe. Phil Hellmuth then takes a moment to tell the TV cameras, "Merry Christmas," because this is scheduled to air on Christmas Eve. The crowd lets out a condescending "Awwwww." Dannenmann has also given Hellmuth a gift, which he opens, ignoring the fact that it could be dangerous. The box is opened, and he pulls out a stuffed donkey. The crowd has a great laugh, but Phil takes it in good spirits.

Dannenmann has also given Hellmuth a gift, which he opens, ignoring the fact that it could be dangerous. The box is opened, and he pulls out a stuffed donkey. The crowd has a great laugh, but Phil takes it in good spiritsOne second place showing in the Main Event and already they are making Dannenman dolls?BTW What is this a poker tourney or one of Carrot Tops prop comedy shows :club:

yuck Hoyt sucks outHoyt Corkins Doubles Through Brandon Adams Log: Hand 11 - Tony Bloom has the button in seat 8, Corkins raises to $12,000, Adams raises to $35,000, and Corkins moves all in. Adams immediately calls with pocket aces (Ad-Ah). Corkins is dominated with pocket queens (Qc-Qs). Aside from the obvious queen, Corkins is looking for lots of black cards (their pairs are in different suits). The flop comes 7d-6c-4s, so the flush is not an option for either player. The turn card is the Qh, and the crowd applauds as Corkins makes a set of queens to take the lead! Now Adams needs to catch one of the last two aces to eliminate Corkins. But the river card is the 10h, and Hoyt Corkins doubles up to survive, winning a pot worth about $240,000. After the hand, Matusow reminds the crowd that poker is "all skill."

<i>Matusow razzes the table some more, getting the crowd in on it a bit as they announce support for their favorite players. Someone says, "We love you, Phil!" and Matusow reacts with shock. He says, "I thought I was the only one who liked you, Phil." Then, a lone person in the crowd says, "We just tolerate you, Mike." That gets the biggest laugh of the conversation.</i> <b>Hand 12</b> - Mike Matusow has the button in seat 9, Bloom raises to $12,000, Matusow reraises to $37,000, and Bloom folds, showing pocket sevens. Matusow flashes one card -- an ace -- as he collects the pot. HAHAHA God I hope they include all this table talk...if they dont its a sin.

Hand 16 - Phil Hellmuth has the button in seat 4, Matusow raises to $12,000, and Hellmuth says, "I raise a quarter of a million." He moves all in. Matusow rips into him, saying only a superstar could raise like that. Matusow mocks him for overbetting the pot, but Matusow folds. In other news, Hellmuth played a hand before Matusow's over-under had passed. Hand 17 - Hoyt Corkins has the button in seat 5, and he raises to $14,000, winning the blinds and antes. Phil doing Daniels schtick"I raise....4 million!!!!"

Am I the only one who HATES Steve Dannenman? AHHHHH he makes me so mad...STOP SMILING IDIOT! SUCKOUT ON THE BEST PLAYER AT THE FINAL TABLE!? AHHHHhaving said that, I like the Hellmuth donkey gift....

Hand 25 - Phil Hellmuth has the button in seat 4, Matusow raises to $18,000 in the dark, and Levi moves all in for $21,000. Matusow calls, showing pocket aces (As-Ad), while Levi has Ah-Qc. The flop comes Qh-10s-2d, and Levi picks up a pair of queens to give himself a fighting chance in the hand. The turn card is the 7s, and Levi needs to catch a queen to stay alive. The river card is the 4s, and David Levi is eliminated in seventh place, earning $50,000.This sounds like he raised without looking at his cards. I think they mean after the pre-flop betting, Matusow bet the flop before seeing the flop, right?

Matusow Receives a Warning For Talking During Hands Log: <b>Hand 26</b> - Hoyt Corkins has the button in seat 5, Hellmuth raises to $18,000, Bloom reraises to $55,000, and Hellmuth folds. <i>Matusow was talking to Hellmuth during the hand, and Hellmuth calls the tournament director over to complain. He doesn't mind Matusow's mouth in between hands, but has asked him to be quiet when he's on the sidelines and Hellmuth is involved in a hand. Matusow has been warned.</i> <b>Hand 27</b> - Tony Bloom has the button in seat 8, Hellmuth raises to $19,000, and Matusow says, "Normally I'd reraise you with any two cards, but I wanna keep you around for a while." He folds, but Dannenmann moves all in for $96,500 from the big blind. Hellmuth thinks for a while, studying Dannenmann. Hellmuth eventually folds, and Dannenmann shows pocket eights as he collects the pot. Haaaa...It would be annoying playing with Mike jabbering like a retard the whole time.

There are more barbs thrown between Matusow and Hellmuth between hands. There's no way they'll be able to fit all of this into a Christmas Eve broadcast, due to time, and taste. lol I love that quote....Image what they are saying... :shock:They should just call this "The Phil and Mike Christmas Eve Special...with special guests"

Hellmuth tells Matusow that he's ready to declare war, and Matusow points out that he's already declared war against everyone else at the table. Hellmuth says he's only at war with Matusow. Matusow says it's more like the U.S. against Iraq -- one big bomb, and it's all over. Hand 32 - Hoyt Corkins has the button in seat 5, Hellmuth raises to $19,000, winning the blinds and antes. Matusow has the audience tracking how many hands that Phil Hellmuth is playing. They now have the count at five. I don't have time to check at the moment, so we'll take them at their word for the moment.ROFL

Everyone should read the Cardplayer logs if they aren't already. Mike is destroying Phil in the verbal jabs department - absolutely no contest.Meanwhile, the two guys I most want to make it to heads-up, Corkins and Bloom, are the chip leaders.

Matusow continues his jabs against Hellmuth, saying he's playing too weak-tight. He says he's not afraid to push it all in with nothing. Phil asks, "What happens when you get called with nothing?" Matusow responds, "Who the hell cares? It's better than being blinded to death."Hey Mike, don't you know better than to tap the glass?

I'm still pulling for Mike big time. Plus, I think it is great that some of the Full Tilt players (Juanda and Seidel) are still there to root him on.
they're paid to do that. :wink:
You have inside information on their contracts?-fop
I'm still pulling for Mike big time. Plus, I think it is great that some of the Full Tilt players (Juanda and Seidel) are still there to root him on.
they're paid to do that. :wink:
You have inside information on their contracts?yes, they are obligated to applaud mike the mouth every time he wins a hand. if they don't, fulltilt will terminate their contract. -fop

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, MIKEY GOT HIM!!!!!Steve Dannenmann Eliminated Log: Hand 79 - Hoyt Corkins has the button in seat 5, Dannenmann moves all in for about $54,000. and Matusow calls with Ks-Qh. Dannenmann shows Ac-10h, and there's no big favorite here. The flop comes Qd-Js-3s, and Matusow takes the lead with a pair of queens, but Dannenmann picks up a gut-shot straight draw. The turn card is the 7s, and Dannenmann needs a king (for a straight) or an ace (for a higher pair) to survive. The river card is the 9c, and Steve Dannenmann is eliminated in fifth place, earning $100,000. After the hand, he receives a friendly hug from Mike Matusow, and then shakes hands with everyone else at the table as he receives an ovation from the crowd.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, MIKEY GOT HIM!!!!!Steve Dannenmann Eliminated Log: Hand 79 - Hoyt Corkins has the button in seat 5, Dannenmann moves all in for about $54,000. and Matusow calls with Ks-Qh. Dannenmann shows Ac-10h, and there's no big favorite here. The flop comes Qd-Js-3s, and Matusow takes the lead with a pair of queens, but Dannenmann picks up a gut-shot straight draw. The turn card is the 7s, and Dannenmann needs a king (for a straight) or an ace (for a higher pair) to survive. The river card is the 9c, and Steve Dannenmann is eliminated in fifth place, earning $100,000. After the hand, he receives a friendly hug from Mike Matusow, and then shakes hands with everyone else at the table as he receives an ovation from the crowd.
he might not be that strong as a poker player, but u gotta admit...dannanmen is a nice guy.