damn, if so many people are upset at whoever is running the TOC, then go complain to them about it, but leave Hellmuth alone. HE WAS INVITED TO PLAY IN A POKER TOURNAMENT, HE CAN PLAY IF HE WANTS TO. No, it probably wasn't right for the tournament directors or whoever to let other people in, but get over it. I don't hear hardly anybody complaining about Doyle and Chan being in, so leave Hellmuth alone. I am sure that if Hellmuth wins, people will be pretty quick to discredit his victory b/c "he didn't qualify" or whatever, just because you don't like him that much. Get over it. He is a nine time world champion, ESPN likes him, TV likes him, so they invited him. Sure, if he bribed somebody or something, then sure, you can criticize him, but until proof of that comes up, leave him alone and let him prove, ONCE AGAIN, that he is a top tourney pro.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chan and doyle down to 5 bb. not long for the tourney.
you can never count these guys out.
well when you get that low there's no more skill involved. and speaking of luck chan just sucked out on pocket kings with A-10 to double up.
yea i know but when they double up which Johnny already did then theres a little more skill involved and then when he doubled up again(hopefully) then more skill and so on.
someone explain to me how hoyt corkins got in this TOC, I think hes one of the 2 extras that take it from 112 to 114, though I have no idea why they would pick himhttp://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournament...s&year=2005
doyle, phil, chan, hoyt. yea that makes sense. well you have a point i guess. how DID he get into this? are there people checking who gets in? :-)

there has to be one more too, since there were 114 but Im too lazy to figure who it is. I thought at first it was allen cunningham getting in for winning POTY, but its not, looks like he got in through the circuit

someone explain to me how hoyt corkins got in this TOC, I think hes one of the 2 extras that take it from 112 to 114, though I have no idea why they would pick himhttp://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournament...s&year=2005
doyle, phil, chan, hoyt. yea that makes sense. well you have a point i guess. how DID he get into this? are there people checking who gets in? :-)
The guy with the foot got in too didnt he? Heard he bubbled out before they broke for 2 tables

Mark Hanna Eliminated in 14th Place Log: Mark Hanna moves all in preflop with pocket nines (9c-9s), and Phil Hellmuth immediately calls with pocket tens (10d-10s). The flop comes Qh-7h-2d, and Hanna will need to catch a nine to stay alive. The turn card pairs the board with the 2c, and the river card is the 3h. Mark Hanna is eliminated in 14th place. Phil making some steady calls, hasnt taken a hit as of yet...just dont go haywire on us...

Johnny Chan Eliminated in 13th Place Log: Johnny Chan is all in preflop with pocket eights (8h-8s) against Brandon Adams' pocket kings (Kh-Ks). The flop comes Qh-Jh-4h, and both players have a flush draw, but Adams' is obviously higher. The turn card is the 10h, and Chan is drawing dead to Adams' higher flush. (The meaningless river card is the 2d.) Johnny Chan is eliminated in 13th place. :cry:

Yosh Nakano Eliminated in 11th Place Log: Yosh Nakano moves all in preflop with As-10s for $49,500, and Phil Hellmuth quickly calls with pocket queens (Qc-Qs). The flop comes 9h-8s-6d, and Nakano picks up a gut-shot straight draw to go with his overcard. The turn card is the Jh, and Nakano's straight draw becomes open-ended (although two of his outs are in Hellmuth's hand). Nakano needs to catch a seven, a queen, or an ace to stay alive. The river card is the 4h, and Yosh Nakano is eliminated in 11th place. The remaining ten players are redrawing for seats at the featured table, and play will continue until one more player is eliminated Phil on fire 8)

Mark Hanna Eliminated in 14th Place Log: Mark Hanna moves all in preflop with pocket nines (9c-9s), and Phil Hellmuth immediately calls with pocket tens (10d-10s). The flop comes Qh-7h-2d, and Hanna will need to catch a nine to stay alive. The turn card pairs the board with the 2c, and the river card is the 3h. Mark Hanna is eliminated in 14th place. Phil making some steady calls, hasnt taken a hit as of yet...just dont go haywire on us...
WOW, Hellmuth called with tens!?!??! Man, I thought he didn't have the necessary "gamble" in him to make these calls. I thought he sucked too bad nowadays to do anything good anymore. Man, like I said earlier, someone else must be playing under Hellmuth's screen name, since EVERYONE knows that Hellmuth's style is outdated and that he is just a donkey today......WHAT!!!??!!? It is a live tournament!?!!? ohhhh....
wonder why there hasn't been an update for 40 minutes. mabye phil is whining about the seat he got.
espn is setting up the semi-final table for filming, which is dumb because it's only gonna last a few hands, if that
wonder why there hasn't been an update for 40 minutes. mabye phil is whining about the seat he got.
espn is setting up the semi-final table for filming, which is dumb because it's only gonna last a few hands, if that
Yeah Doyle has 8k and will go in on the first hand anyway.

I don't know why but they qualified 27 at the REO circuit eventRio TOC Qualifiers The following 27 people qualify for the 2005 WSOP Tournament of Champions $2 million freeroll, based on their cumulative results at the Harrah's Rio WSOP Circuit series. Name Points #1- Doug Lee 25,100 #2- Tom Macey 20,100 #3- Phil Ivey 20,100 #4- Kevin Keller 20,100 #5- Jennifer Harman 20,100 #6- Jean-Robert Bellande 20,100 #7- Grant Lang 20,100 #8- Gabriel Thaler 20,100 #9- Dennis Perry 20,100 #10- Allen Cunningham 18,120 #11- Tom Schneider 15,100 #12- T.J. Cloutier 15,100 #13- Steve Kopp 15,100 #14- Robert Wall 15,100 #15- Rene Angelil 15,100 #16- Mike Epstein 15,100 #17- James Giordano 15,100 #18- Hieu Ma 15,100 #19- Glyn Banks 14,440 #20- Yosh Nakano 10,100 #21- Warren Karp 10,100 #22- Russ Hamilton 10,100 #23- Jeff Stanley 10,100 #24- Hoyt Corkins 10,100 #25- Chad Layne 10,100 #26- Allen Kessler 10,100 #27- Alan Schein 10,100

Chip Counts:Phil Hellmuth $282,300 1 4Mike Matusow $155,000 1 10Brandon Adams $152,500 1 7Steve Dannenmann $123,000 1 1Tony Bloom $115,200 1 8AVERAGE $114,000 0 0Keith Sexton $98,100 1 6Hoyt Corkins $96,200 1 5Grant Lang $76,200 1 2David Levi $42,400 1 3Doyle Brunson $8,800 1 9Phil has been running over everyone all tournement.also, its good to see im not the only one with nothing better to do than watch cardplayer updates for poker tournements lol

Chip Counts:Phil Hellmuth $282,300 1 4Mike Matusow $155,000 1 10Brandon Adams $152,500 1 7Steve Dannenmann $123,000 1 1Tony Bloom $115,200 1 8AVERAGE $114,000 0 0Keith Sexton $98,100 1 6Hoyt Corkins $96,200 1 5Grant Lang $76,200 1 2David Levi $42,400 1 3Doyle Brunson $8,800 1 9Phil has been running over everyone all tournement.also, its good to see im not the only one with nothing better to do than watch cardplayer updates for poker tournements lol
doyle's playing for the money. he could use it.
i will buy every minute of raw footage of Phil and Mikes table from ESPN.
I'm rooting for Tony Bloom a great player and a class act and well up to beating all these players.It's good to see Mike The Mouth giving verbal to Phil Helmuth for not being entitled to be there........
If there was evidence that Phil lobbied his way into the tournament then yes it would be wrong of him to be there, but he was invited. What Harry, do you want Mike to go over to Doyles table and kick his crutch out from underneath him too? ESPN has the authority to invite who they want since they are running the tournament, just as Sponsors who run Golf tornaments have "sponsors exemptions" to people who didnt qualify.
No I do not want Mike The Mouth to go over and kick Doyles crutch from under him.I just find it amusing that Mike Matusow is having a verbal dig at Helmuth.After all he deserves it because he's always giving verbal to his opponents and making derogatory remarks to them and has this air of arrogance about him that I find quite distasteful.I have witnessed PH be very rude to his opponents and I actually enjoy seeing him have someone get under his skin by dishing it out to him for a change.PH is a VERY GOOD player and was once a GREAT player but imo he no longer has the game to be considered in the very top level. He believes he is the greatest living player of all time but he is very sadly mistaken.In case everyone has forgotten he was bankrolled for years by backers and lost an absolute fortune for them in tournaments and cash games and if it wasn't for his association with UB and the recent explosion of poker leading to him getting his endorsement deals and book sales he would very likely be a financially broke player.He certainly is not a positive equity player in my book either at tournaments or in cash games and this is basically down to him being unable to adapt to the modern day game and the way it plays.This criticism cannot be levelled at Johnny Chan or Doyle Brunson both of whom have adapted and are capable of changing to optimise their play depending on their opponents.In any case PH is just a spoilt childish brat (which may come naturally or be artificially created for TV) and this is why I like seeing him needled in this manner as he shows little respect for his opponents and could do with improving his table manners.And before anyone asks...yes he is a better all around player than me but I very much doubt he can outplay me at NL, Pot or Limit holdem and welcome sitting down at the same table as him as I consider taking chips off him to be a relatively easy task.

A few comments on the TOC.- It's interesting that the 3 exemptions all made the top 13 with Doyle in, at least the top 10 and Hellmuth having a good chance to take the whole thing down. It futhers the case that the exemptions are taking away significant equity.- I don't have any confirmation but I read over at the 2+2 board that Pepsi is sponsoring the event and they are the ones who requested that Doyle, Chan, and Hellmuth be added.- Card Player reported 114 entrants; so that's 109 qualifiers, 3 exemptions, and who are the other 2?

:roll: Harry, whatever issues you have with Phil...I suggest maybe you take them up with him..because we cant help you. I mean if hes rude to you or whatever..then take it up with him. Or if you think he sucks then tell him so, but what I hate is people like you, well maybe not you because I dont know much about you other that the few times youve made tv, and Daniel who talk sh-t about Phil behind his back and then are nice to him to his face.Whereas whenever you see Phil do interviews away from the table on his peers (even those who have bad mouthed him) he is 9 times out of 10 resepectfull and complimentary.A Clairification:My only problem...besides your opinion of Hellmuths current skills, i mean its obvious hes still got world class game, your personal feelings i think are clouding your judgement.....my only problem was you liking Mike giving it to Phil because maybe the TOC letting him in when he shouldnt have been there....if so thats wrong....If you just hate Hellmuth and like him getting his balls broke...then thats ok..thats your opionion.

And before anyone asks...yes he is a better all around player than me but I very much doubt he can outplay me at NL, Pot or Limit holdem and welcome sitting down at the same table as him as I consider taking chips off him to be a relatively easy task.NL, Pot or Limit Holdem are his main games? How can he be better overall and inferior in these games?And I am sorry for sounding rude here because I respect you Harry, but yeah whatever Phil may be he doesn't talk behind people's back.