i hate the sb (sh) nov 7th

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade:, K:diamond:. 3 folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (3 SB) 9:club:, T:spade:, 5:spade: (3 players)Hero . . .Both villains are loose passive. How do you play this hand?I guess check fold the flop vs. passive villains.Flop: (3 SB) 9:club:, T:spade:, 5:spade: (3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.Turn: (1.50 BB) 6:diamond: (3 players)Hero . . .aargh.If this is straightforward just say so. Maybe I'm thinking too much in the blinds.Question: when I complete with this hand, do I play fit or fold postflop?

I'd probably just fold this hand pre-flop, because I don't wanna bother playing this hand post-flop even if I'm getting good odds on the call pre-flop.As for the rest of the hand, just check/fold, small pot, no reason to get involved without a piece of it.

if you are folding this hand, what is your cutoff for Kx from the small blind with one limper?K9?And same question: do you just play fit or fold postflop?
k9 is worth completing, kx suited is worth completing.I'm Not sure what you mean by playing fit or fold postflop.
I'm Not sure what you mean by playing fit or fold postflop.
Sorry. What I mean is play the hand straightforward. Bet if you have a pair and fold when you don't have a pair or draw.
Yeah, pretty much just play it straight forward, no sense fighting for the small pots when you really have no idea if your opponents hit the flop or not.

"fit or fold," as you put it, is right against the LPPs here. they'll give you free cards when they don't have you beat (and probably even they do have you beat), too :-) i might fold this preflop, just as jay said. regardless of your post-flop skill, you're putting yourself into a pretty marginal situation, so there's no harm in dumping it, IMO. Kx suited is an automatic complete.

The small blind, is probably the one position at the table that people have the most trouble with, but it's also one of the least talked about. One one side of the coin, you are getting a lot of incentive to call since it only costs you half a bet. In your situation, the pot was laying you 5 to 1 to call- that's an automatic decision. On the other side of the coin, you'll be out of position throughout the whole hand. So, you will have LESS bluffing opportunites and should approach the small blind thinking about minimizing losses rather than looking to make wild bluffs, especially against the type of players you described. You make the pre-flop call hoping to catch, but when you miss, don't try to be a hero!

DN agrees with me on this one. :club: I think K7o is a fine hand to be completing with with only 1 limper in these games. On the flop, don't try to get fancy. These guys are calling stations so bluffing/semi-bluffing is out of the question. The pot is small, just hope their passive tendencies allow you to spike a free pair on the turn or river.

What do you guys think about betting our gutshot on the turn when the flop is checked through?I've noticed recently that out of position I tend not to do it but I wonder if I should, just trying to pick up dead money noone wants.Jeff

I really don't like semi-bluffing with a gutshot and an over on the turn.The pot is 1.5 BB, and we're betting 1 BB into it? Why bother? And if we're against passive opponents, we'll likely be called by worse OR better hands.I think completing getting good odds is important with a lot of hands... but we have to recognize just how serious a disadvantage being first to act really is.