phil hellmuths million dollar poker system

I bought this for 10 bucks at target. After reading around on these forums, i realize that I am obviously out of my league for several aspects of the game, but hey, i'm only 25, i have my whole life to figure it out and make some spare cash :)Anyway, I highly recommend this video for someone around the same skillset as me. Phil gives a clear explanation of several topics that i believe are an important foundation for any serious player.I know many of you won't need to see this, as you are all well aware and very skilled in concepts such as pot odds, position, but for someone like me it was the first time these concepts were explained in detail. I learn much better from videos than from books anyway :D I highly recommend this to anyone who has just started playing poker regularly in the past year or so. After all, it's only 10 bucks anyway, and the guy teaching it has 9 wsop bracelets in holdem. He might know what he's talking about :)

Hey, thanks for your post, I was debating on whether or not to buy this dvd, to the point of being in the store holding it in my hand wondering if it was worth it....I'm a big Hellmuth fan but MDPS seems like a DVD version of his book, which I've already read, but I think I might pick up his bluffing and tells dvd or the tournament one since you told us how helpful it was for you, thanks a lot

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone seen Phil's Tournament strategies DVD? I was lookin at it on Target.com and was wondering if it was worth the $18 or if I should hold off and get a book like "Harrington on Hold'em"

Has anyone seen Phil's Tournament strategies DVD? I was lookin at it on Target.com and was wondering if it was worth the $18 or if I should hold off and get a book like "Harrington on Hold'em"

I got all his dvd's.....unfortunately. Waste of time and then money. Lederer's DVD's are much btter. He spends time describing what "LOL" and "nh" mean at the poker table. Didn't learn anything except that some people are good players and others are good teachers, some are even both(Liked Daniels piece at the poker event 2004, thats a good DVD btw). I guess phil is just a good player

Harrington on Hold'em is definetly better than Phil's DVD. Harrington''s book completely changed the way I play and it has improved my game beyond comprehension. Definetly better than Phil's DVD.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest citytom

I've got all of Hellmuth's DVD's.I like them. They are professionally produced and high quality.The content isn't always helpful (same as with books). But I found it a valuable addition.I've seen them once. If anyone wants to buy them from me, I'll sell for $15 each.I've got a Paypal account. Write to me and let me know if you are interested.There are four DVD's*Tournament Strategies;*Poker System;*Online Poker Secrets;*Bluffing and TellsCitytom@the-beach.netCitytom(www.pokerchipsvideo.com)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got all of Hellmuth's DVD's.I like them. They are professionally produced and high quality.The content isn't always helpful (same as with books). But I found it a valuable addition.I've seen them once. If anyone wants to buy them from me, I'll sell for $15 each.I've got a Paypal account. Write to me and let me know if you are interested.There are four DVD's*Tournament Strategies;*Poker System;*Online Poker Secrets;*Bluffing and TellsCitytom@the-beach.netCitytom Whoa $15? icon_eek.gif little expensive for used open dvd's don't you think?

• 4 months later...

Granted he has 9 bracelets but this video is a joke. Purely a Helmuth cashing in on his fame. For on thing, there is no secrets revealed. You are much better buying books on poker. Now I understand why he is the most disrepected good poker player around. I think the problem with this dvd is that is geared toward novice players and give only enough information to be a knowledgeable player. But if you are interested to make poker a living then there is much more information people need to learn that Phil does not reveal.

I have also seen Hellmuth's DVD's and there is little info worth using on any of them. His Online Secrets is by far the worst of the bunch. In it he spends 50% of the time talking about how good he is and how he can make thousands of dollars a day on Ultimate Bet by sitting down for around 5-10 hands at a time (hit-n-run). He spends 48% pimping for Ultimate Bet, and he spends the final 2% talking about actual poker knowledge. I'd save your money if you are planning to buy them...their only value are as drink coasters for your coffee table.

• 2 months later...

I would also like to say that Phil's vids are weak compared to others. I personally think it was not produced very well (say in comparison to Phil Gordon's Final Table vid), it was not scripted very well, he has a tendency to jump around with his thoughts. And I also agree he really does not give any real secrets or expert knowledge...its very basic stuff and as amateur (having played for 6 months) I really did not take anything away from it.

They say there is one born every minute, so I bought the Phil Hellmuth DVD. Once you strip away the glitter and digital effects, the annoying sound track, and the repetition, you have poor value for the money, IMHO.I am sure Phil got paid good money, but the end result is not quality, but trades shamelessly on Phil's name to sell DVD's with very little good content.Given Daniel's qualitative orientation, at least I can be sure his DVD will have good content, lots of it, and give value to the purchaser.What would it have cost Phil to put in some really good content or two or three hand analysis, in depth, with more than two minutes of discussion?All in all a poor DVD for Phil, oriented towards the current craze about poker, and utterly devoid of any poker value for any reasonable player.Harsh, but I expected some marginal value from it, and it was not there.

• 1 month later...

BIG WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY..... DON'T BOTHER!!!First Off, I purchased the DVD from Suncoast. When I tried to play it it was a misprinted It was actually "the secrets to Online Poker..Blah." I watched it and took it back...tried again...re-ordered and...Same thing....took it back reordered the "whole" series to make sure we got it right. I watched all of them...(Luckly only had to pay for the one!) It's all the same thing. Same clips with the same BLAH!Just like his books he spends more time TOOTING his own HORN, than given us any usefull information. Make a Million Dollars using a Poker System = Package and Sell a DVD that is called "Million Dollar Poker System." Provide the Hand rankings and than talk about how many times you have won a braclet and how much you will improve the watchers game. Sell for $14.95 to $19.95. Use profits from DVD's to enter as many tournments as possible and prey.