justblaze 3-6 river decision

villain is 60/0/1 55 handsParty Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with [2h], [Ah]. 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: (4.33 SB) [4c], [8s], [7d] (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.Turn: (3.16 BB) [As] (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.River: (5.16 BB) [6c] (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Hero folds.Final Pot: 8.16 BB

looks good to me.i'm guessing BB had 9T.but yes, guys, i think this is a value bet, since he's probably calling any 8 thru the river.
If he had an eight, wouldn't you have heard from him before now? Unless he's really passive, why wouldn't he have bet/ raised the flop?
looks good to me.i'm guessing BB had 9T.but yes, guys, i think this is a value bet, since he's probably calling any 8 thru the river.
If he had an eight, wouldn't you have heard from him before now? Unless he's really passive, why wouldn't he have bet/ raised the flop?
probably would have, if he was good. AF on villain is 0 pf, 1 postflop. that sounds like he's playing an eight this way, though we don't have enough hands on him to consider that a strong read, by any means.
probably would have, if he was good. AF on villain is 0 pf, 1 postflop. that sounds like he's playing an eight this way, though we don't have enough hands on him to consider that a strong read, by any means.
If he as a better kicker, I'd lean toward bet/fold, so you could value bet worse aces. But that six completes too many hands, making too many logical hands that he could have, making many straights and two pairs. Plus, it's a good card to bluff raise on ( though this isn't really a common play.) I guess, I'd need a good read on the person as very passive, who calls with many hands pre flop, and calls them down to the river, before I go for the value bet here. I just don't see what he's calling with.
screech Posted: Sunday, November 6th, 2005 1:51 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This river is a very easy value bet guys.
value bet then fold to a raise? or call?
Bet/fold, unless you have a very specific reason not to.
Am I the only one who hates the bet/fold line in general?Seems pretty weak/tight to me.
It is a little bit weak, but betting with the intention of folding to a raise allows you to make a lot more value bets.and about the hand, i'd check out the villain's AF per round. usually guys like that are very specific about when they get aggressive in rounds. if he has a low flop AF and high river AF, you can safely bet/call this river, but for most scenarios i think bet/fold is a good line.