lhe: specific question about flop play

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP1 with [8s], [9s]. 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: (5.50 SB) [2s], [Jc], [Td] (5 players)BB bets, MP2 folds, Button folds, BB calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) [8d] (2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.River: (6.75 BB) [Ad] (2 players)BB bets, Hero folds.My question is about my flop raise. With several players behind me, I sometimes just call with an OESD for value, but in this case I wanted to protect my hand in case I get there with a Q, since I would be vulnerable to redraws.Any thoughts on what you do and why?For the record, if I had J10 on this hand and 2 8 9 was the flop, I'd still raise in the same spot.

I think the chance that you knock out a redraw is much less valuable than getting callers here. Just call.By the way, a queen, followed by an ace/king/9 turn will only happen 3% of the time.An opponent will hold a redraw that beats you even less than that.

I think screech is right on here. These drawing hands thrive on big, mulit-way pots. The place to raise here is if you had 4+ people behind you who all called. You've got 32% equity for the River so when you pop the flop and fold everyone out, your raise now becomes about 31% of what's going into the pot. On a 32% shot, I'd much rather see my bet worth 10% than 31% (assuming MP2 and Btn both call).

how is the preflop call? I normally fold that OOP.
It's a fold in some games, a call in most (that I play anyway :-) ).Even if the table is slightly aggressive, I'm usually calling here. We will usually have good relative position on the pf raiser (if there is one), and limping up front encourages multiway action.