richard brodie aka quiet lion called out dn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brodie, otherwise known as Quiet Lion, is one of the richest men in America. He is not on Bill Gates or Paul Allen's level, but he was basically employee #3 at Microsoft is worth over 300 million. If he played Daniel hu for 500,000 it would be like us playing for 50 cents heads up... it is irrelevant to him. If Daniel does not want to play him, that is prob why. By the way, the guy can play.... watch him at FTP. He regularly wipes the floor with Layne Flack and J Dag at the 200-400 table. But I think DN would thrash him.
The bolded part doesn't make any sense at all. A donk (compared to DN's level) with a relatively unlimited BR would definitely NOT shy DN away!
Agreed, remember when he played the other anonymous player, DN suggested that they play for 1 million instead of the 500K.Also RB was probably just joking around, I've seen him on Full Tilt a few times and doesn't even call himself a pro, semi at best.
Brodie, otherwise known as Quiet Lion, is one of the richest men in America. He is not on Bill Gates or Paul Allen's level, but he was basically employee #3 at Microsoft is worth over 300 million. If he played Daniel hu for 500,000 it would be like us playing for 50 cents heads up... it is irrelevant to him. If Daniel does not want to play him, that is prob why. By the way, the guy can play.... watch him at FTP. He regularly wipes the floor with Layne Flack and J Dag at the 200-400 table. But I think DN would thrash him.
The bolded part doesn't make any sense at all. A donk (compared to DN's level) with a relatively unlimited BR would definitely NOT shy DN away!
Agreed, remember when he played the other anonymous player, DN suggested that they play for 1 million instead of the 500K.Also RB was probably just joking around, I've seen him on Full Tilt a few times and doesn't even call himself a pro, semi at best.
Without a doubt DN is the superior player to Richard (who was joking), but to say that he couldn't raise the stakes to a level that would make DN uncomfortable is perhaps a bit naive IMHO. Similar to what Andy Beal did vs the Corporation, making the stakes large enough that losing big might severly harm DN finacially gives Brodie an edge. Beal had his greatest success when he forced Doyle and Co. to up the ante, which took them out of their comfort zone. I think DN is enough of a gambler that it wouldn't completely throw him off his game, but I'm pretty sure it would help even the playing field.All IMHO, of course.Patrick

Richard Brodie is not a donkey. He knows his limitations and would not want to tangle with DN for 100k and definatly not 500k. Unless it was televised.He wants to be a name brand player. This is clear from his attempts to play the WPT. Also, he plays every WSOP event that is televised. He isn't the best player and knows his limitations. Again, he wants so badly to gain fame by winning a major event, he spends a great amount of money playing the big buy in tournements. Quiet Lion is a good player on FT and will answer chat questions. I like the guy and wish him well.

if this thread was a dog i would shoot it.if it was a cat i would put it in a blender.but it is a mere thread so i will just make it more meaningless.
Cats go in the microwave, and fish go in the blender. Obviously you have never had a girlfriend with animals cheat on you. That's all I've got.

Does he go by the name quiet lion at UB? Because someone by that name is currently sitting at a 1/2 royal hold em table.edit:a friend asked him "is your name richard brodie?" and he said something to the effect of , "yeah, i know... i wish they had higher stakes versions of this game" (royal hold em).

Or was he the guy that helped develope Microsoft Word? I think that was him....nevermind, he's loaded.
I actually think that he was the person who created the program, that you used to find out the flop cards for pokerstars. So obviously...this is where he has made his money. He's definently loaded.
That just never gets old. :club::D:D:D
I'm pretty sure it was just a joke. Brodie doesn't harbor any illusions of being a top-tier poker player.
Frighteningly, he DOES. But he can lose the $500K and even a donk like him has a 25% of winning a heads-up match. So it makes good sense for him to play as if he flukes a win it buys him poker credibility which is what he so desperately craves.
Or was he the guy that helped develope Microsoft Word? I think that was him....nevermind, he's loaded.
I actually think that he was the person who created the program, that you used to find out the flop cards for pokerstars. So obviously...this is where he has made his money. He's definently loaded.
LOL
  • 1 month later...
" I like to talk and joke around while I play and, above all, I like to have fun. After all, it's a game. "
QL loves to use sarcasm when people ask him questions on full tilt. Probably not the best ambassador technique, but I like it. In other words don't take his replies seriously.