dn i love this forum... but

These threads are getting ridiculous. I used to browse around while at work.... Not any more. Where are the mods?
so, u would enjoy this forum more if there were less goofy threads and more censorship? every once in awhile some of the posts in those ridiculous threads are funny. maybe u should lighten up a little.
I enjoy the funny stuff just as much as anyone else. The stuff I'm talking about is the stuff that has come about since his announcement. Hence the "this thread is.." thread. Man I wish I had saw zim's post first.edit: i say stuff too much
People signing up even though they arn't part of the forum are clearly regular readers of his blog.  They are still fans just like you and I and deserve something as well, Daniel sees that and if you were him wouldn't you want all of your regular fans benefit from it?
True, didn't want to make some posts questioning DN and making it seem like I am ungrateful for all teh cool stuff he does. I think it's generous of him, I was jsut wondering about how it really rewards regular veterans and such.
People signing up even though they arn't part of the forum are clearly regular readers of his blog.  They are still fans just like you and I and deserve something as well, Daniel sees that and if you were him wouldn't you want all of your regular fans benefit from it?
True, didn't want to make some posts questioning DN and making it seem like I am ungrateful for all teh cool stuff he does. I think it's generous of him, I was jsut wondering about how it really rewards regular veterans and such.
Dn has been awesome with regards to this forum. The logo contest, the interaction, joining the Neg-O, etc....I'm just reluctant to even visit General any more.
I don't really have a problem with new posters and some of the retarded threads they start, but if he really wanted to reward original members with special prizes and giveaways and stuff liek that, how does opening up charter membership to any new poster really accomplish that goal?
so, it's not enough that DN is kind enough to offer us special prizes and giveaways? You want him to only offer them to certain people? Rather selfish, no?
the thing is, someone like you or I wouldn't neccessarily be discluded from any benefits. Its just that a lot of people are signing up here for whatever benefits that might happen, and they haven't done anything for the forum other then registering becuase Daniel decided to do a promotion. I don't know if or what dividing line should exist, but how this is right now doesn't really reward long time members of this forum. I'm willing to wait and see what happens and what being a charter member really is about
whats the difference though? you're not going to get rewarded any less. new posters will just get rewarded the same as you.
I'm just reluctant to even visit General any more.
You'll be missed.but I do agree with the flaming. I don't fault people for being stupid. They can't help it.

OK, I'll consider this my semi-rant, but I guess I have a problem with all of the lurkers and readers being able to join in these charter member benefits. Basically what they seem to be essentially are parasites. If you read what we talk about and never join in the discussion, you are not a member of the FCP Community.They essentially take away the strategy talked about in strat forum, and the hilarity and homosexuality talked about in general, and contribute nothing in return. I guess this is what makes us "regulars" angry. We do not notice the lurkers, we don't know they are there. Essentially, we can survive without them, but they can't survive without us. Those who don't even introduce themselves after signing up as charter members just seem like the type of people who don't do anything for a project, then hog all the credit when it goes well. They really don't do anything yet expect to reap the benefits.OK, I'm done. Noobs flame away, although I'm sure they won't hurt.

I am a long time lurker, but incredibly new poster, so take my opinion for what it's worth. But I think the point is, there will be some HUGE marketing campaign for FCP (think television ads and the like), which will bring more of the mainstream poker world through here (think more annoying and retarded posts). So he is giving a chance to those already here to get in before the rest of the world falls through the flood gates. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, you are getting something at least that many others will not.Yoda

Hey guys, as you can see this is my first post and I am one of these people that you regulars are not fans of, as we are just parasites. This sounds weird, but I actually agree with you long time forum members. I joined the charter list as a long-time lurker and first time poster, not to gain free stuff but to hopefully have access to extra articles of which i enjoy reading so much. I would be pissed if I had come to (probably) know daniel well over his forum and all the newbies swoop in and try to claim things. Anyway, from my point of view, we are not all here to get any advantage over you oldies...

There you all go...looking a gift horse in the mouth. The thing is, this site is big, but if he's gonna redo it all and have a marketing plan to it, it'll be huge in a few months, so the people that have signed up by November will turn out to be ye ole' faithful. There really was no other way to do it but to go through an application process and by the look of DN's schedule, ain't happening...p.s. first time posting here :club:

I have no huge problem with new members joining. If they do contribute in the future, then that is fine. What I have a problem with is those people who are going to sign up now, and only pop their heads in once every 3 months when there is a prize offered for a promotion. Those are the people who will eventually piss me off, as they will reap the benefits of being a charter "member" when in fact they are not true members at all as they contribute little to nothing.

Zimmer has a lot of good points in both of his posts here.For true lurkers (that so many claim to be) great, about time you joined. But, Daniel's blog is crossposted in so many places, so there are plenty of people that are actually coming for the first time these are the ones that most are probably upset about.But, on the other hand, anything he is willing to put out is gravy. Thanks Daniel.Huskers20

People signing up even though they arn't part of the forum are clearly regular readers of his blog. They are still fans just like you and I and deserve something as well, Daniel sees that and if you were him wouldn't you want all of your regular fans benefit from it?
Honestly, Governator, I think anyone who actually takes this stuff too seriously is doing just that- I check this site regularly because I like it, not because I am looking for anything more than lighthearted entertainment and maybe a leg up on the competition here and there via the Strat section- too expect anything more than that is just silly.
OK, I'll consider this my semi-rant, but I guess I have a problem with all of the lurkers and readers being able to join in these charter member benefits. Basically what they seem to be essentially are parasites. If you read what we talk about and never join in the discussion, you are not a member of the FCP Community.They essentially take away the strategy talked about in strat forum, and the hilarity and homosexuality talked about in general, and contribute nothing in return. I guess this is what makes us "regulars" angry. We do not notice the lurkers, we don't know they are there. Essentially, we can survive without them, but they can't survive without us. Those who don't even introduce themselves after signing up as charter members just seem like the type of people who don't do anything for a project, then hog all the credit when it goes well. They really don't do anything yet expect to reap the benefits.OK, I'm done. Noobs flame away, although I'm sure they won't hurt.
I still think some of us take this to seriously- but you make a good point. I am always the guy in school who does the bulk of the work and I hate that. Alot of A's have been earned on my coattails.