I for years had the NBA over the NHL as far as sports. I dont believe what some people say as far as NBA fans hate hockey and hockey fans hate basketball. Thats bs, you can love both. (i have not listed the NFL because the NFL is above sports, it is a religion and is sacred)I love basketball and i love hockey however if I had my choice of watching a generic hockey game (meaning not involving my team) or a generic basketball game I used to always pick basketball.This is no longer the case and its not even close. Because of the new rule changes the NHL is freaking awesome. I tried watching some NBA knowing the there was hockey on and I couldnt watch more than 5 mintues of basketball and went right to hockey. I have NBA league pass and NHL center Ice and have been watching more hockey than ever.I always loved hockey even during the clutch and grab era, I enjoyed the New Jersey vs Anaheim finals however this game now is so wide open, so much more exciting and high scoring its just amazing. And the shootout at the end to decide ties is just insanely good. While I will still watch my NBA team (Denver) over a generic hockey game, any other time watching the NHL over the NBA is a no brainer. The NBA has gotten worse and the NHL with the new rule changes has gotten better. I cannot imagine that there are not many more hockey fans in the future. I really thought the lockout would end hockey, I was wrong, I think hockey will soon become very popular and regain its status over the NBA in many peoples minds.

it's nice to see you have been converted, there is still a lot of work to do in terms of increasing hockey's popularity.I am however slightly insulted that hockey is being compared to basketball, I personally consider basketball a joke of a sport, although that was an amazing pash that Nash made the other night.

Preaching to the choir in this forum. Unfortunately, there is a significant part of the population who will not give Hockey a chance, no matter how exciting the game gets. That is there problem. Let us enjoy our sport and not worry about whether the NHL is better than the NBA.

Two reasons I love the NHL over NBA.Average NHL player is 6'1" and a little over 200. Normal human beings. Not genetic freaks that are spoiled from 15 on.I love college basketball, but David Stern and his NBA are all about self promotion, what can I do to get on ESPN highlights, how many guys can I have carry my bags, how many points can I score, lets outlaw the zone so I can diminish team play.In the NHL it is about the team winning, what was my +/-, and I better work my ass off bc other that Keith Tkachuck no one gets fat in the NHL.

also without question hockey players are some of the toughest sons of bitches you will ever see. there are some nba players that skip games with strained fingers.roenick gets his face SHATTERED and is back a few months later. stevie Y gets his eye socked SHATTERED and comes back to play again when he very well could of retired.there are a ton more examples of crazy toughness and dedication to the game and team in the nhl.also, officials rarely decide the game. in basketball many many times the officals decide who wins with bad calls.