"charter membership" theory

It seems to me that the new effort to attract "charter members" is a clever way of quantifying exactly how much support this site has. I think it's an effort to generate a list so Daniel can put a number on exactly how many people are frequenting his site on a one-month span.Why would he do this, you ask?One guess would be that if he was interested in beginning an online poker site at FCP, this would be one way of reaching out to potential investors. By showing the probable thousands of people who will sign up to be "charter members" of FCP, Daniel will be able to show investors exactly how much demand there would be if FCP became an online poker site.I simply can't think of any other reason why Daniel would all of a sudden ask people to become "charter members". First the logos, now an attempt to get users to sign up and give contact information away. What else could really be going on?If I'm right and the "charter members" thing is really an effort to assemble a list of potential FCP online poker players, I'd say it's a very intelligent concept.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even if it isn't being used for a future online poker site im sure this information is very important to companys and give's FCP some solid data to give to potential advertisers on the site... ??

Even if Daniel is trying to make money by having us to sign up for Charter membership.....it doesn't really matter. let him, it's his site and you have a choice in whether you want to sign up or not.If you don't sign up, just don't be crying that you weren't able to sign up for the contests and promotions.Daniel will probably use some of the money that he makes running this site and give some back to us members in the form of prizes in the contents and promotions.it's a win-win for all!

I already have access to all of that information, regarding how many people visit the site and for how long even! I didn't need to offer charter membership to let me know how much traffic the site gets. In fact, you can even find "some" info online at alexa.com where FCP ranks very high worldwide.

capt.sge.uri39.241004192657.photo01.photo.default-380x377.jpg"Wingmaster needs to know....how many times can you quote someone on the forum?  Do the boxes get smaller and smaller?"
STUMPED!
I remember LONG time ago, justblaze and I had a hugeeeeeeeee list going, it was pretty hilarious. But yes, the boxes get smaller and smaller and become more of a square.
capt.sge.uri39.241004192657.photo01.photo.default-380x377.jpg"Wingmaster needs to know....how many times can you quote someone on the forum?  Do the boxes get smaller and smaller?"
STUMPED!
I remember LONG time ago, justblaze and I had a hugeeeeeeeee list going, it was pretty hilarious. But yes, the boxes get smaller and smaller and become more of a square.
+1
STUMPED!
i was referring to mr. president being stumped, silly.