what was the worse play. stillman v. kessler

If Kessler knew how reckless Stillman was for the whole tourney, then there is no reason not to call the reraise knowing that if you flop an A, you likely have the best hand.  As for raising UTG with A10, I think that is suspect at a full table.
what if Gus Hansen did this...or one of your poker idols?is it still a bad or "suspect" play?Since when is A 10 such an awful hand to splash around with?
Since always because you're out of position and easily dominated against any tight/semi-tight player. Against a maniac, it's a very playable hand.

meanwhile when Layne Flack is raising with 4 8 off suit (or whatever) preflop, then calling a huge re-raise etc. etc...You come on these forums and he is a genius for his play.....I dont get it.good stuffP.

meanwhile when Layne Flack is raising with 4 8 off suit (or whatever) preflop, then calling a huge re-raise etc. etc...You come on these forums and he is a genius for his play.....I dont get it.good stuffP.
OK, I don't think Layne Flack would ever raise from UTG in a 9 handed game with 84, or even A10. Also, he plays a completely different style and there is a reason he does everything.
OK, I don't think Layne Flack would ever raise from UTG in a 9 handed game with 84, or even A10. Also, he plays a completely different style and there is a reason he does everything.
Flack would raise in any position, with any two cards....Theres no comparison though, he's a pretty bad mofo-

I believe that calling that huge raise with A 10 was by far the worst play... For Stillman, if he thought the guy had a pair in the hole, then pushing was absolutely the right play... It may have been a misread, but not necessarily a bad play... As far as calling the raise with A 10 is concerned, thats just terrible... There is so many hands that have him absolutely raped, and entering the pot with a hand like A 10 after calling a raise in the first place is an awful play. If you enter the pot with A 10 after raising, you already have command of the hand, so that's not as bad... Fact of the matter is, it's a marginal hand, and just proves further, the WSOP has turned into a donkfest.

ok this is my take on it. the preflop raise with a10 was not the best. however when bowler dude raised i would of called his raise. seriously everyone in the room had to know this guy was awful and put himself in positions constantly when he was dominated. how did they know this. because everytime he sucked out and he did a lot he made it known to the whole friggin room. honeslty that is one reason why i would never yell and scream like that about any hand. because really if no one knows me i dont want people not even at my table getting a feel for how i was playing by basically giving the play by play to everyone in the roomso i would of called stillmans raise and would of had to think pretty hard but would of ended up calling the allin on the flop aswell.on a side note i think kessler is a cool guy. the reason is because my roomate is pretty good friends with one of his sons. he was out there on business and figure he would buyin to the main event just because, he was like if my wife finds out i am screwed so he didnt call and tell her until he made the money. i think that is funny and that shows a lot of gamble. i also think its cool that he realizes how lucky he is and he isnt like the farkoni, or some other one hit wonders that think they are god's gift to poker

while the WSOP ME was going on i was at a cardroom in Staten Island. This place turns out to be a place that Stillman frequents. One of the dealer's was telling me the story of how he called Jesus's all in with K9. I tended to be a little less harsh on him while watching his behavior on tv because of this. But objectively i found him loud and obnoxious.

Committing over half your chips with 22 after an UTG raiser is the worst move in my opinion. Unless Stillman has seen that Kessler is a loose player than people can't totally discount the play. Going all-in was his only option after committing so many chips.Kessler's call was not a good move either. Stillman could have easily had AK, AQ, or AJ for making such a huge reraise. It was bad call.

Stillman was the donk. This is the same guy that called an all in from Jesus Ferguson earlier w/ k-9o just to say he took down a big name player.This guy got in the tournament for 40 bucks, and frankly he played like it.The kicker is how he tried to go all "Josh Arieh" on the guy. What can you say... another brillant display of the 'stop-n-go' manuver.EDIT: IMO, I think Kesserr misplayed the hand were he had pocket nines. A guy limps in front of him - he just calls and allows Raymer to take down the pot.