dan, why do all the pros hate barry greenstein?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know..the more I think about this now, there is just no way Wimbledon only did a 2.7....But again, show me a source and I'll believe it...Im attempting to look this up now, Im curious-p.

The final of Wimbledon was broadcast on a Sunday on network television and did a 2.7the opening coverage of this year's WSOP was broadcast on a Tuesday on cable and did a 1.9doesnt it hurt to look so dumb when your comment was so smugly self assured?
Dude, Wimbledon comes on ass early in the morning if you're out west. And who was in last year's final anyway? Now if some american made it....the rating would be a 5 at least. Although it's interesting to see that poker is in the ballpark of other sports' telecasts.Edit: maybe it wouldnt be a 5....venus vs. serena only got a 4 this yearhttp://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/wimb...s-ratings_x.htm

if anybody is interested Barry is speaking at the university of illinois at urbana/champaign on thurs 11/3. 7:30 pm, location is at follinger hall. I am not exactly sure what he is going to be addressing though, since he is an alum from the math dept he might just be talking about math. hopefully not though. figured i'd check it out anyways.

The final of Wimbledon was broadcast on a Sunday on network television and did a 2.7the opening coverage of this year's WSOP was broadcast on a Tuesday on cable and did a 1.9doesnt it hurt to look so dumb when your comment was so smugly self assured?
Dude, Wimbledon comes on ass early in the morning if you're out west. And who was in last year's final anyway? Now if some american made it....the rating would be a 5 at least. Although it's interesting to see that poker is in the ballpark of other sports' telecasts.Edit: maybe it wouldnt be a 5....venus vs. serena only got a 4 this yearhttp://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/wimb/2003-07-07-rankings-ratings_x.htm
Dayuum,  you guys are harsh!  Can't a guy be curious?  Looks like we will never know the complete truth to this intriging question, although there appear to be some good, albeit it speculative theories floating around.
are you from washington state?
Dayuum,  you guys are harsh!  Can't a guy be curious?  Looks like we will never know the complete truth to this intriging question, although there appear to be some good, albeit it speculative theories floating around.
are you from washington state?
I'm from olympia
barry does seem very nice, i saw an interview with him on cnn i think where he was talking about his donations to charities. i think erik seidel is a douchebag for wanting money to play poker on tv, show his hole cards, etc. besides that, erik seems nice..lol
u called seidel a douche? u r an idiot.
Dude, Wimbledon comes on ass early in the morning if you're out west. And who was in last year's final anyway? Now if some american made it....the rating would be a 5 at least. Although it's interesting to see that poker is in the ballpark of other sports' telecasts.Edit: maybe it wouldnt be a 5....venus vs. serena only got a 4 this yearhttp://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/wimb/2003-07-07-rankings-ratings_x.htm
This was the 2003 Wimbledon, and it was down over 13 percent from the previous year that article says, and not to mention says it is a PRELIMINARY rating....Regardless, your point is still wrong, while it is growing, poker events still dont quite compete with tennis and golf in terms of viewers, sponsors, and syndicates...Believe me I wish it did have the draw, and it probably will very soon...Eventually we will have a poker channel, I am almost certain of it.P.

Don't know him (like almost everyone else on here), but he gives off a weird vibe on tv. Is it just me or do you envision him torturing his son Joe when he was little for not playing well? I do admire him for giving his winnings to charity, that is definitely classy.