importance of discipline

I have been playing online poker for about 10 months and it seems that my biggest problem is playing when I shouldn't. Late at night or after drinks. Has anyone else had these issues? I love to play but it is frustrating to lose bankroll that it has taken a week to build up. Have any of you guys had these issues? If you did, what did you do about them. Thanks.

I have been playing online poker for about 10 months and it seems that my biggest problem is playing when I shouldn't. Late at night or after drinks. Has anyone else had these issues? I love to play but it is frustrating to lose bankroll that it has taken a week to build up. Have any of you guys had these issues? If you did, what did you do about them. Thanks.
i have a problem with discipline as well...last night i sat down 1/2 holdem at pp...played pretty well doubled my stack very quickly..then the cards got cold and i was being delt alot of 2, 9 , 3 ,8 ..instead of ending my session or even finding another table i ended up leaking most of my profit back...i walked away from the session with a tiny profit...i knew it was time to get up but i didnt...i was on tilt all last night and my play was horrid today cause i was still tilting...that "winning "session last night ended up costing me a 100 bucks ...this post has no lesson other than im an idiot and needed to vent about it...sorry to waste your time lol..
I knew that one was coming. That is the solution though.
Yeah... maybe. But I made a decision a while back. And it was to prove the following statement.Iceman > alcohol.Iceman (greater than) alcohol.It took me a while, but I taught myself to beat limit games while drunk. I'm not even joking. My profit goes way down, and if I tilt, I can be in trouble, but some of the tables I play at when I'm hammered are so bad I can beat them anyway. Tell yourself.... (insert name here ) > alcoholI beat booze.Ice