is daniel still married?

Maybe he has made a conscious decision to not discuss his marriage in his blog (other than the random mention), but his activities and schedule do not sound like those of a married man. Playing through the night, sleeping through the afternoon, watching hockey during his free time--those are things I did when I was divorced or single.I am not trying to start rumors--just wondering if DN has indicated anywhere that his marriage is not blog material. Also not looking for bedroom stories, just some indication that he is married.

Ordinarily, I would agree with you. However, if you discuss your engagement, wedding and honeymoon, you can't reasonably claim it's a totally private matter.Again, not looking for, uh, bedroom stories. But you woudl think that his daily routine woudl occassionally include some mention of his new wife. But that's me.

Ordinarily, I would agree with you. However, if you discuss your engagement, wedding and honeymoon, you can't reasonably claim it's a totally private matter.Again, not looking for, uh, bedroom stories. But you woudl think that his daily routine woudl occassionally include some mention of his new wife. But that's me.
Seriously, you must not ever read his blog. He mentions Lori all the time. They play scrabble, watch chick flicks and Lori occasionally gives Daniel and Travis facials. I mean come on....do you really read it?

Glad to hear it! And I am sure what I was asking will be misconstrued by many on this forum. But I for oe am interested in the marriage dynamic and how your lifestyle as a poker professional is impacted. I am sure you can understand.

Don't forget that he IS a professional poker player, and that this IS a poker forum.  I'm pretty sure most people on here are more interested in hearing about big bet poker than Daniels marriage.
Yeah...I could really care less when DN and his wife take their dog for a walk. Keep up the poker DN. I'm sure over 99% of the people on this forum would agree with me.
Don't forget that he IS a professional poker player, and that this IS a poker forum.  I'm pretty sure most people on here are more interested in hearing about big bet poker than Daniels marriage.
Yeah...I could really care less when DN and his wife take their dog for a walk. Keep up the poker DN. I'm sure over 99% of the people on this forum would agree with me.
Whatever. He writes about shopping trips, his honeymoon, and fantasy hockey as well. It ain't all poker here.I'll just be direct: How does Lori feel about your schedule and the fact that your poker and other poker-related commitments take up so much of your time?
I think you're pretty wrong there buddy. I think what's so neat about DN is that he gives us an insight into his life beyond poker. Poker is a big part of his life of course and we'll hear about that when he's playing a lot. I love poker as much as the next guy but what separates DN from some of the other pros is him giving us a glimpse that's not normally seen.
Most men don't clean the house, go to the grocery, do laundry, etc... once they are married. :think:
Really? Maybe its that way in Dayton, but not in the rest of the country. Most of us aren't muslim.
Most men don't clean the house, go to the grocery, do laundry, etc... once they are married.    :think:
Really? Maybe its that way in Dayton, but not in the rest of the country. Most of us aren't muslim.
Muslim?? If the wife doesn't work, she should do all the housework, or at least most of it. I work full time, and my husband helps out some (with trash, mowing, etc...), but no way will he clean the house, do the laundry, and go to the grocery all in 1 day especially, if I didn't work. I would faint if I came home and he did all that after he had been up all night. That is just part of taking care of your husband if you are a stay-at-home wife. Most men demand alot more (and not just here in Dayton :roll: ).
I'll just be direct: How does Lori feel about your schedule and the fact that your poker and other poker-related commitments take up so much of your time?
I think she knew what she was getting in to before marrying DN :-)
I'll just be direct: How does Lori feel about your schedule and the fact that your poker and other poker-related commitments take up so much of your time?
I think she knew what she was getting in to before marrying DN :-)
It's not really for me to answer for Lori but I agree with the above. As I'm married to a poker player who is a pretty busy man besides that I've always seen it as he's working. Sometimes he'll have to pull an all-nighter at the tables or go to California for a tourney. It's just how this lifestyle works and from what I know of Lori I'm pretty sure she's fairly laid back about that sort of stuff.

You're drunk buddy. My secretary is a gay man and he is the biggest college football fan I know. If we were from the north he'd be a hockey fan too I'm sure. I tell you what. Just watch the end of the WPT event Five Diamond or Borgata I forget which. You will see at the end of the match is receiving hugs from friends and family. A man who is 'clearly' gay gives Daniel an embrace and attempts to kiss his cheek. Danny pushes him away as if to say "Not here".

This topic has been brought up before. Just because he is not a knuckle dragger, does not make him gay. Some men think that they have to be dirty, rough, tough and rude to women to be a "real" man, it's sad really. And they wonder why all their chicks go after the clean cut, polite gay men all the time. :think:

I believe Daniel mentioned in one of his blogs that Lori had gone back home for a visit. I think that is why it seemed like he was living the single life again.As for this other vicious rumour, put an end to it. There's no truth to it and it's uncalled for.

I have been called "gay" before and it truly doesn't bother me. Generally men without beer bellies, that try to dress well, have female friends, and eat healthy are often going to be misinterperted as gay. Since that's the case, it comes off as a compliment to some degree!