would you cheat????

Hypothetical question. If you where given a software program that displayed other players cards at your table would you play and make $ or throw it away because of whatever your reason.Personnaly i would not do this because you are cheating and stealing money from people who play poker because mostly they enjoy the game and get enjoyment from winning based on there skills.Very curious to see what the poll results would be.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i absolutely would, and most of the people that say they wouldn't are lying.would you play the lottery if you knew the numbers before the drawing? i sure as hell would, and it's the same thing, since the lottery pool is made up entirely of the people's $.

I'd like to think I could say "no" on this poll being that I'm a big believer in Karma and everything h0wever, I could not just pass up an opportunity to get everyone's money.However, some situations may come up where you beat youself.Say you're in the 2000 NL game (what other game would you be playing in if you could see everyone else's hole cards) and you hold top two pair to someone else's flush.Now you know you're beat, but do you lay it down after a semi-decent player makes what seems to be a testing bet say...half the pot. Do you move all in over him? Or do you lay it down knowing you're beat?I realize that I've left out stack size and pot size which are key to any no limit hand, but knowing you're beat, do you have the balls to push back? If he's got only a jack high flush you could get him to fold to a higher flush perhaps?In my opinion, I'd be less likely to bluff, although, I'd see a helluva lot more flops

i absolutely would, and most of the people that say they wouldn't are lying.would you play the lottery if you knew the numbers before the drawing? i sure as hell would, and it's the same thing, since the lottery pool is made up entirely of the people's $.
i can honestly say i would not!!!
I'd like to think I could say "no" on this poll being that I'm a big believer in Karma and everything h0wever, I could not just pass up an opportunity to get everyone's money.However, some situations may come up where you beat youself.Say you're in the 2000 NL game (what other game would you be playing in if you could see everyone else's hole cards) and you hold top two pair to someone else's flush.Now you know you're beat, but do you lay it down after a semi-decent player makes what seems to be a testing bet say...half the pot. Do you move all in over him? Or do you lay it down knowing you're beat?I realize that I've left out stack size and pot size which are key to any no limit hand, but knowing you're beat, do you have the balls to push back? If he's got only a jack high flush you could get him to fold to a higher flush perhaps?In my opinion, I'd be less likely to bluff, although, I'd see a helluva lot more flops
why push back? youll have all of his money eventually
i can honestly say that you despise money.
Yeah, I bet into him when I know he has the flush, who wouldn't?
i only do if it's hellmuth, because a) he might make a "superb laydown", and B) if i suck out on him, i'll get enough quotes to fill FCP for 30 years.
no i despice cheaters
My point is I think people would be less likely to bluff if they knew they were beat. I could change it to an easier thing, such as your opponent has top two and you have top and middle pair. A flush card hits the board and he still bets out at you half the pot...my point is do you bluff at him even though you know he has you beat?

I didn't even read the question. Anytime there is an option between cheating and not cheating I always choose the former, whether it be in Yahtzee, Scrabble, or any level poker game. On a side note, what are you guys' favorite board games? Anybody play Cranium?

no i despice cheaters
and yes i know i spelled it wrong
Does that mean you collude online? Because according to your train of though, you despise money if you dont.
I didn't even read the question. Anytime there is an option between cheating and not cheating I always choose the former, whether it be in Yahtzee, Scrabble, or any level poker game. On a side note, what are you guys' favorite board games? Anybody play Cranium?
Girlfriend loves cranium. Usually me and my buddy and his gf will play a few $5 WTA tourneys and then a few rounds of cranium all while drinking a lot of beer...good times...

So if you can see your opponents cards, how bad are you going to play when you won't be able to? I play poker to improve my game, not just make money. The money will come eventually, but I want to be the best poker player I can be.

Does that mean you collude online? Because according to your train of though, you despise money if you dont.
huge difference between colluding online and having a program that can see hole cards.if i knew there was a 0% chance i'd get caught with the program, i'd run it all day, everyday. collusion is a completely different story.and yes, i have colluded online before, but it's been months since i have. probably even well over a year.

This reminds me of people on Counter-Strike who obviously used Hacks but would claim they were just really good. It was amazing how many times a guy would be facing backwards and suddently swing his whole body around and get a headshot."NO, I'M JUST THAT GOOD!!"Oh, the good ol days.

So if you can see your opponents cards, how bad are you going to play when you won't be able to? I play poker to improve my game, not just make money. The money will come eventually, but I want to be the best poker player I can be.
i'm sure that playing "real poker" after that would be about as difficult as transitioning to "real poker" after playing 10-20 party sitngo's.
no i despice cheaters
and yes i know i spelled it wrong
Then why not edit and correct it? Or is the correct spelling still kicking your a ss?
i don't collude online and i don't despise money. someof us are lucky enough to have been born into certain financial situations. i don't flaunt my money but i also do live very comfortable and have things from my money that most people don't. this is about cheating and what lengths people will go to put more $ in there pockets.