i dont think so!

Apparently not. Read your thread.its still early...
I suppose it is. I'll quote myself in thirty minutes. P.S. You do this "......" too much. It makes you look stupid.
lol...ur talking to me about insignficant tjhings?keep this up, i have 11 posts to go
I was just trying to be helpful. Take it or leave it.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tho not nearly as angry, I agree with the OP.The name is taken, simple as that. That would be like calling a hockey player "the Great one", or some rookie pitcher "the Big Unit."Anyone who plays sports or pays attention to them knows that you earn you nickname, whether by teammates or by respected columnists who write about you based on your merit.And you don't take the name of someone who came before you, especially the great ones.Just cuz Stu is gone doesn't mean some idiot on CP can just throw the name around to whoever he wants. Did I see Erin Ness on that list??

if some1 took daniels name "kid poker"...ud be winning and b itch ing....and Negreanu is not half the player Ungar was
that's debateable.
whats debatable?
Your value to this forum. ARGH!
once again...ha ha with the he he...damn these pirates are funny.
if some1 took daniels name "kid poker"...ud be winning and b itch ing....and Negreanu is not half the player Ungar was
that's debateable.
whats debatable?
That's not debatable.
whats ur problem? this was a serious thread and u come in talking about how insignificant it is that someone is using the name of the greatest cardplaer of all time, then u start commenting on my "..."....go get a life

My only question is why is Erin Ness considered a good poker player?? Because she won a Maxim company poker game and made it to the money in the 2004 WSOP main event?? I think there are many more deserving young players they could've gotten. But hey, she's good looking so who cares, eh?

that's debateable.
whats debatable?
That's not debatable.
whats ur problem? this was a serious thread and u come in talking about how insignificant it is that someone is using the name of the greatest cardplaer of all time, then u start commenting on my "..."....go get a life
Good! You've pinpointed the problem. You think this is a serious thread. The next step is to stop posting.
that's debateable.
whats debatable?
That's not debatable.
Good! You've pinpointed the problem. You think this is a serious thread. The next step is to stop posting.
this was, and ur useless comments are not needed
The team of young upstarts contains Michael "The Kid" Gracz, Dutch Boyd, Erin Ness, Evelyn Ng, Jennifer Leigh, and Kasey Thompson.i read that on cardplayer, under the gsn link...whoever the hell  gave Gracz that poker name should be shot in the head...if no 1 gave it to him and he starts calling himself  Michael "the kid" gracz,  im gunna drive to vegas and spit on his "kid" face...i cant believe cardplayer even printed that on their site, what a joke.
Althoug I somewhat agree with the OP, the problem with the nickname "The Kid" is that it is so common in almost every sport there is. If his nickname was "different" then ok. But the "Kid" is just too common. It's not like "Babe", the "Great One", "Minnesota Fats", or Greg "The Hammer" Valentine :club:
that's debateable.
whats debatable?
That's not debatable.
this was, and ur useless comments are not needed
Does anyone here think this thread was ever serious??
The team of young upstarts contains Michael "The Kid" Gracz, Dutch Boyd, Erin Ness, Evelyn Ng, Jennifer Leigh, and Kasey Thompson.i read that on cardplayer, under the gsn link...whoever the hell  gave Gracz that poker name should be shot in the head...if no 1 gave it to him and he starts calling himself  Michael "the kid" gracz,  im gunna drive to vegas and spit on his "kid" face...i cant believe cardplayer even printed that on their site, what a joke.
Althoug I somewhat agree with the OP, the problem with the nickname "The Kid" is that it is so common in almost every sport there is. If his nickname was "different" then ok. But the "Kid" is just too common. It's not like "Babe", the "Great One", "Minnesota Fats", or Greg "The Hammer" Valentine :club:
its fine in other fields but in poker, i dont think its right...espeaciallyt because he was the greatest
its fine in other fields but in poker, i dont think its right...espeaciallyt because he was the greatest
I love how you think there is a definitive "best" poker player. That's one of the most close-minded statements i've ever seen. There are so many intangible variables in the game that there is no way to know who is the best poker player ever. The idea is laughable.

I love how you think there is a definitive "best" poker player. That's one of the most close-minded statements i've ever seen. There are so many intangible variables in the game that there is no way to know who is the best poker player ever. The idea is laughable.hes a 3 time world champion....numerous pros like doyle brunson have gone on record saying he was the best, who the hell are you to question his legacy?

I love how you think there is a definitive "best" poker player. That's one of the most close-minded statements i've ever seen. There are so many intangible variables in the game that there is no way to know who is the best poker player ever. The idea is laughable.
hes a 3 time world champion....numerous pros like doyle brunson have gone on record saying he was the best' date=' who the hell are you to question his legacy?[/quote'] :roll:
hes a 3 time world champion....numerous pros like doyle brunson have gone on record saying he was the best' date=' who the hell are you to question his legacy?[/quote']Cash games don't count? Money management doesn't count? Steam control doesn't count? Longevity doesn't count?

Cash games don't count? Money management doesn't count? Steam control doesn't count? Longevity doesn't count?longgevity?...he won in 1980, 1981 and 1997,im not talkn bout his cocaine use or his love for the track, im talking about his talent at the table

Cash games don't count? Money management doesn't count? Steam control doesn't count? Longevity doesn't count?longgevity?...he won in 1980, 1981 and 1997,im not talkn bout his cocaine use or his love for the track, im talking about his talent at the table
well then say he is the most talented card player of all time, not the best.There is an enormous difference.
What did he do between the years of 1985 and 1997? I guess maybe I should have said consitency. If poker is a sport and you keep score by who ends up with the most money then Stuey is most definitely not the best ever. You still haven't addressed my question regarding cash games. Also, try to limit yourself to this thread on this topic. There is no reason to clutter the forum with your dribble.
What did he do between the years of 1985 and 1997? I guess maybe I should have said consitency. If poker is a sport and you keep score by who ends up with the most money then Stuey is most definitely not the best ever. You still haven't addressed my question regarding cash games. Also, try to limit yourself to this thread on this topic. There is no reason to clutter the forum with your dribble.
1st off...pojer is NOT a sport...he was beatig up on the cash games between 81 and 97, along with gamblig his money away at the track and snorting it up his nose...dosent change the fact he was the best
1st off...pojer is NOT a sport...he was beatig up on the cash games between 81 and 97, along with gamblig his money away at the track and snorting it up his nose...dosent change the fact he was the best
I think you should quote some sources before you go spouting off information like that. Don't be childish.
well then say he is the most talented card player of all time, not the best.There is an enormous difference.
no theres not...all the pros say he was the best, but canebrain questions it?hes the only player in history to win the main event 3 times, but u question it...u have a right to ur own opinion i guess