boredom hypothetical of the day

say you take a quality pro like danielsay he wakes up with esp and knows all the hole cards of his opponents at the worlde serieshe is up against a 6000 person fieldwhat would be his odds of making the final table and of winningit seems like he would have it made but just how do you avoid fluke cards hitting = obviously he'd never lose on the river but can he always lay low till then?

I don't think it would be automatic, but it would definitely help. I can't count the number of times that I have been all-in pre-flop, then get really excited when I see that I am a huge favorite over the person that I called/called me, and still end up getting beat by or before the river. But it would still be a huge advantage to always be in with the best hand.

Guest Anonymous
say you take a quality pro like danielsay he wakes up with esp and knows all the hole cards of his opponents at the worlde serieshe is up against a 6000 person fieldwhat would be his odds of making the final table and of winningit seems like he would have it made but just how do you avoid fluke cards hitting = obviously he'd never lose on the river but can he always lay low till then?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

well think about it - since your river advantage is so big going calling a guy who has you covered with 5's when you have aces isn't really a smart thing to do - you want avoid going bust and maximizing your sure thingsi'd imagine you'd avoid pre flop all ins even with pretty good edgei'd go all in with aces vs ace king but why risk the tourney on less than that?

How about this... DN wakes up knowing all the hole cards for his opponents. However, he only has 6 hrs before he will forget them all. He is in the Arctic circle w/o only the clothes on his back. He has a polar bear cub as his trusty sidekick.I love pointless questions.

There's no way he's still 100-1 in this scenario. A guy like Daniel, I would say is 50-50 in this scenario. Knowing everyone's hole cards is such a significant advantage. There are so many hands you can avoid and hands you can pick up. It would be difficult for him to lose assuming he can stay focused which i don't think would be a problem.

There's no way he's still 100-1 in this scenario.  A guy like Daniel, I would say is 50-50 in this scenario.  Knowing everyone's hole cards is such a significant advantage.  There are so many hands you can avoid and hands you can pick up.  It would be difficult for him to lose assuming he can stay focused which i don't think would be a problem.
2-1??? Are you serious??? We're talking about SIX THOUSAND people.
There's no way he's still 100-1 in this scenario.  A guy like Daniel, I would say is 50-50 in this scenario.  Knowing everyone's hole cards is such a significant advantage.  There are so many hands you can avoid and hands you can pick up.  It would be difficult for him to lose assuming he can stay focused which i don't think would be a problem.
Actually 2-1 would be only a 33% chance, I'm suggesting a 50% chance. And yes, I'm serious.
What if he woke up knowing everyone's hole cards but anytime a person held an Ace including himself he would have an unstoppable urge to urinate himself and dance around like a monkey?Then what?
Now we're starting to get into the real questions. What if he shot lightning bolts out of his ass ever time he had pocket kings? Or he shieked continually during a hand where had queens? What if he had to stand on his head and funnel 2 beers every time the flop contained a face card. Under these circumstances, I would say he would then be 10-1.
How do you really lose in this situation?You never go all in preflop. You never go all in if your opponent has a big draw that he might go all in with. You always know if people are bluffing, and how strong they are. Your steals always work becuase you're raising people with 24o.There's always a chance that you could get freakishly unlucky, but his odds have to be better than 50/50 (assuming a deep starting stack) against 6000 people.I can't believe I posted a response. My job sucks.

I like my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a nice tall glass of milk. Its gotta be Peter Pan PB and welch's jelly and I love to cut them in half from top left to button right.

How do you really lose in this situation?You never go all in preflop. You never go all in if your opponent has a big draw that he might go all in with. You always know if people are bluffing, and how strong they are. Your steals always work becuase you're raising people with 24o.There's always a chance that you could get freakishly unlucky, but his odds have to be better than 50/50 (assuming a deep starting stack) against 6000 people.I can't believe I posted a response. My job sucks.
I actually kind of like this hypothetical. It speaks to how much tells and reads really help your game.Better than 50/50? You do realize that sometimes he will have no choice but to call an all-in preflop right? If he has AA and can pick off a steal by 1010 or KQ, etc...of course he would call, but there would be a 20% chance that he would lose. He can avoid these situations, but not forever. You know how tourney poker works...it's impossible to think that he could wait until the river every time to see if he'll be the winner. And some people you just can't push off inferior hands.
I like my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a nice tall glass of milk.  Its gotta be Peter Pan PB and welch's jelly and I love to cut them in half from top left to button right.
My mommy used to cut them into stars and hearts with cookie cutters for me....Those were the days.
Actually 2-1 would be only a 33% chance, I'm suggesting a 50% chance. And yes, I'm serious.
I'm thinking its closer to 100-1, you still can't avoid bad beats. Look at the hand he was holding KK and lost to QJ on the river, he lost a decent amount but none of it was on the river. You still have to avoid alot to make a final table if even if you can see the hole cards. Would you fold with AA if a guy reraised all in with a smaller pocket pair? If it happens 5 times chances are you're going to lose once.
I just took a dump and it curled like a snake into the bowl. In an effort to avoid a serious mess, I was forced to break the duece up into sections.
By the way it smelled like pure death and peeled paint on the walls. It was very ugly looking, much like my cousin Leroy.
I actually kind of like this hypothetical. It speaks to how much tells and reads really help your game.Better than 50/50? You do realize that sometimes he will have no choice but to call an all-in preflop right? If he has AA and can pick off a steal by 1010 or KQ, etc...of course he would call, but there would be a 20% chance that he would lose. He can avoid these situations, but not forever. You know how tourney poker works...it's impossible to think that he could wait until the river every time to see if he'll be the winner. And some people you just can't push off inferior hands.
I disagree. If I were in this situation, I would NEVER go all in pre flop. I don't care what the situation was. This can be avoided. I may push if I have someone covered but would not call aces against 2 7 off. What's the point? You know you can outplay the guy after the flop. You would have to play a crazy brand of poker but it woudl work.
don't you think a player would start to notice your weak play until the river? What do you do when they start re-raising you preflop if you are constantly avoiding big pots.my job sucks to, but they pay me to sit here and post so I can't complain much.
I disagree. If I were in this situation, I would NEVER go all in pre flop. I don't care what the situation was. This can be avoided. I may push if I have someone covered but would not call aces against 2 7 off. What's the point? You know you can outplay the guy after the flop. You would have to play a crazy brand of poker but it woudl work.
I just don't think this is possible.So how about this...you have AA...other guy has 22. You call a standard raise (because you refuse to go all in) preflop. The flop is 9tJ rainbow. He goes all in...do you call?
I think it should be higher. I don't think it would matter if it was 6 thousand or more, he has an almost insurmountable edge over the field in my opinion.-He will NEVER get bluffed. This includes him picking off big bluffs.-He will almost always successfully steal.-He probably won't put himself in a position to get unlucky, as most of his edge comes from playing with his opponents post-flop.