my team usa picks

This is going to be awesome! A real freaking hockey all star game! I didn't think the USA had a prayer either, but then I start looking at the stats of all these guys since Roenick is raising hell. All these guys are top five on their teams in scoring across the board. This team is not sisters of the poor. Even Hatcher is a +7 for the Flyers and he is the weak link? Modano may be having his best year ever. I think the USA is full of players that are underrated and are going to be bringing all they have to Turin. If the chemistry is right even the USA can win three straight games. It isn't a seven game series of rounds we're talking about. Wow the pressure on the Canadian team is going to be sick. These are the current odds.40% chance canada wins gold25% czechs17% sweden15% russia 7% usaI will be shorting the Canadian team not because I don't think they should be favored, but in this one game moves on format at the end there isn't a lot of margin of error with five talented teams like this. I'd buy the USA, but that goaltending is what scares me. Statistically this seems to be our weakness.

Belanger, I think Slovakia is a definate darkhorse, but they have no goalie. I can't see them doing much damage without excellent goaltending.
I think their D is strong enough to survive with Chara and Visnovsky back on the Point. Jan Lasak could surprise some people. They had a poor Showing in Salt Lake because they couldn't play a damn game with all of their fire power.
Belanger, I think Slovakia is a definate darkhorse, but they have no goalie. I can't see them doing much damage without excellent goaltending.
I think their D is strong enough to survive with Chara and Visnovsky back on the Point. Jan Lasak could surprise some people. They had a poor Showing in Salt Lake because they couldn't play a damn game with all of their fire power.
They did get screwed in Salt Lake, but they still showed some weakness at the World Cup. They certainly have some impressive talent (Hossa, Palffy, Gaborik etc). If Czechoslovakia never split up, they would have a sick hockey team.