girlfriend and the q 6 guy (longish post)

I just ran the numbers, and the actual "average hand" is J.873, 7.126. I've rounded to the nearest thousandth for your convenience in computing.So, if you're shortstacked, shorthanded and UTG in a tournament, and you find yourself peering down at J.873, 7.126, this would be a good time to push all-in, regardless of the suit.P.S. Marshmallow iced coffee isn't as flavorful as hazelnut.

While watching her play i noticed some guy was in every hand with king seven and king six if it was raised or not. This was really making my girlfriend mad so she started typing to him and talking censored.
Tell her to stop doing that. If you really think that berating fish is "funny", or that it makes sense to get "censored" at guys who play any 2 cards at your table then you have a lot to learn about poker.BTW, Q7 is the supposed "average" hand to be dealt preflop, but whether you're playing 20 handed or heads has no relevance. Hopefully all of us here understand why this is the case.
wrong
I just ran the numbers, and the actual "average hand" is J.873, 7.126. I've rounded to the nearest thousandth for your convenience in computing.So, if you're shortstacked, shorthanded and UTG in a tournament, and you find yourself peering down at J.873, 7.126, this would be a good time to push all-in, regardless of the suit.P.S. Marshmallow iced coffee isn't as flavorful as hazelnut.
curious as to how you calculated this. did you run a monte carlo?

Why is this guy getting flamed? Did I miss something? He let his gf have a little money to play online and have some fun.....bankroll management really does not matter in this situation.Wayyyy too many people on this site think that everyone on this site should be a pro and have a proper br. I mean really some people still do the poker thing for recreation. Sirch didnt tell you how great his gf's play was. He was sharing an amusing story. And you guys decided to crap all over him for it. Its a bit sad (and to be honest i expect better from you Zimmer and some others on here). If he wants to let his gf mess around at 5/10 then why not. And if she wants to berate the fishies on Party then why not. Its pretty tempting. I once took my sister to a card club in NYC. she is 18 and only knows what I have taught her. She isnt the worst player in the world. I gave her a 100 bucks to sit at a 1/2 NL table. (Oh my god Cane how could you let her sit with less than the MAX!?!??! What is wrong with you??? Dont you know anything about poker????)She had a blast and actually made 20 bucks because she pushed all in with 60 bucks left with just a flush draw and hit. It was a horrid play but the look on the guy's face when he lost to 92 of spades was priceless.In conclusion, stop being such anal retentive poker know it alls.

Of course you want those hands in there against you but you dont want to give the people the satisfaction of thinking they are playing good poker.
Holy crap...that is so exactly what I want to do. Pointing out others flaws is so -EV it's not even funny.Q-7 is reportedly the median hand heads-up based on cumputer simulations. Half the starting hands beat it, and half dont, so heads up, it's the break-even hand. Playing 6-handed as though you are heads-up is a freight-train to disaster. There's no way this guy has been doing this for 15 years. There isn't enough money to support that much philanthropy.
I just ran the numbers, and the actual "average hand" is J.873, 7.126.  I've rounded to the nearest thousandth for your convenience in computing.So, if you're shortstacked, shorthanded and UTG in a tournament, and you find yourself peering down at J.873, 7.126, this would be a good time to push all-in, regardless of the suit.P.S.  Marshmallow iced coffee isn't as flavorful as hazelnut.
'Round' J.8 up.'Round' 7.126 down.Edit; I get it..this is comedic. Nevermind.

Do you people get points every time you tell someone they are playing out of their bankroll, or that its bad to tell bad players they are playing poorly? shut the **** up. It was a story. People are not intelligent.

The thing i was really wondering is how the hell did they find out that q 6 is the average starting hand at a 6 person table.
He might have known it, but more likely it's because Mike Sexton made that comment the WPT about a week ago.
You mean to tell me you dont get mad when you lose to censored cards?  Even if they talk censored afterwards.  I doubt it you just dont say anything.  Of course you want those hands in there against you but you dont want to give the people the satisfaction of thinking they are playing good poker.
Yes you do.
Apparently, both the OP and his girlfriend should take lessons from Allie.In three words, she proved she knew more about poker than both of them.That said, I'll be glad to congratulate the poster on his girlfriend's luck...just as I would congratulate someone who won a 400 dollar scratch off ticket.

I know why i stopped posting on this site for awhile. No one can just be take something as a grain of salt and be happy for someone. There is so much negativity. Everyhting is about making somone look bad. Most of you on here arent on here to make yourselves bettter poker players or be better connected to the poker world. You are on here so you can argue and but people down. Somehow you think this makes you a better person when in fact you like assholes.

Wow you guys are some uptight weirdos.The OP was not looking for congratulations nor was he insinuating that he and his gf were following proper bankroll procedure or making the optimal decisions during this poker session.He was merely sharing a humorous story about staking his girlfriend. The highlight of which was when his gf, who is obviously a beginner herself, was still so shocked and appalled by the poor play on Party Poker that she felt the need to razz on the offending donk.As someone who has played on Party Poker, I can appreciate the humor in this situation....even though I may have handled the situation in a different manner.Lighten up.

Why is this guy getting flamed?  Did I miss something?  He let his gf have a little money to play online and have some fun.....bankroll management really does not matter in this situation.Wayyyy too many people on this site think that everyone on this site should be a pro and have a proper br.  I mean really some people still do the poker thing for recreation. Sirch didnt tell you how great his gf's play was.  He was sharing an amusing story.  And you guys decided to crap all over him for it.  Its a bit sad (and to be honest i expect better from you Zimmer and some others on here).  If he wants to let his gf mess around at 5/10 then why not.  And if she wants to berate the fishies on Party then why not.  Its pretty tempting.  I once took my sister to a card club in NYC.  she is 18 and only knows what I have taught her.  She isnt the worst player in the world.  I gave her a 100 bucks to sit at a 1/2 NL table.  (Oh my god Cane how could you let her sit with less than the MAX!?!??!  What is wrong with you???  Dont you know anything about poker????)She had a blast and actually made 20 bucks because she pushed all in with 60 bucks left with just a flush draw and hit.  It was a horrid play but the look on the guy's face when he lost to 92 of spades was priceless.In conclusion, stop being such anal retentive poker know it alls.
I agree, good answer :wink:

is your girlfriend hot? if so...congratulations, man! i'm glad you and your gf had a blast at the tables together. i wish my gf shared my joy for the game with me like your girl does with you.if not...dude, you're a fucking moron. haven't you ever heard of BANKROLL MANAGEMENT? how about VARIANCE? just because your bitch made a few bucks from the table doesn't mean she's johnny fucking chan. learn the game, noob.

I mean really some people still do the poker thing for recreation.And my bankroll is very very happy about it.
so are most winning players. your point? its still no reason to be a dick. if anything its a reason to encourage people who play for fun.so I guess thanks for making my point in a roundabout way.
is your girlfriend hot? if so...congratulations, man! i'm glad you and your gf had a blast at the tables together. i wish my gf shared my joy for the game with me like your girl does with you.if not...dude, you're a fucking moron. haven't you ever heard of BANKROLL MANAGEMENT? how about VARIANCE? just because your bitch made a few bucks from the table doesn't mean she's johnny fucking chan. learn the game, noob.
She's definately hot!!!!!!!! One of those girls you would give your right arm to be with
'Round' J.8 up.'Round' 7.126 down.Edit; I get it..this is comedic. Nevermind.
So anyway, I decided to try to apply this simulation finding that J.873, 7.126 was the median hand to an actual game. I sat down and dealt to a 6-handed imaginary table. In 12,000 hands, I didn't get J.873, 7.126 ONCE! I started dealing face up to my opponents to see if THEY got it, but neither card surfaced in ANY hand, let alone both together. I figured the odds against this had to be astronomical, so I sifted through the 52-card deck, figuring I'd find four J.873s and 7.126s stuck to the backs of the other cards or something. Would you believe that the standard Bee deck doesn't contain a single card of either denomination? The closest cards to the J.873 and 7.126 from my simulation were the Q and 7. This epiphany had ginormous implications for situations in which I was about to bubble out in a no-limit tournament and had to decide when to push. Once I realized that my analysis of the median hand was reduced to a mere approximation (blech!), I decided that there was too much at stake in $5 sit-n-gos to make decisions based on fuzzy math. So I wrote a letter to all the major playing card companies requesting that they introduce J.873 and 7.126 into the standard deck. Until then, I quit poker.I need sleep.