2006 world series of poker schedule

I understand that Harrah's has a lot of HE events because they are more profitable. What I don't understand is why they don't host more of the less popular events in much the same way they did Razz this year. If I am not mistaken there was a regular tournament that day, starting at 12, and then the Razz tournament at 2. Harrah's could have events such as HORSE, SHOE, triple draw, PLO8, or even Badugi start at 2 the days of some of the earlier, $1500 events. Also a TOC style event (mixed games until the final table, then NLHE) could also make for good TV.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't care about people' date=' Binion's cared about their players' date=' Harrah's completely screwed it up. Does anyone how long Harrah's controls the WSOP? Will Binion's ever get it back?[/quote'']Word is, Harrah's plans on imploding Bally's and rebuilding it as The Horseshoe. They plan on building a convention hall dedicated to the WSOP. Maybe they'll build some extra bathrooms and a place to get food that isn't a quarter mile away. Either way, see you there.
I would much rather watch a pro play ahead of an amateur.
You're not targeted the audience. Once they target the pure poker player demographic, the ratings plummet and the show goes off the air.
So POKER players are not the target demographic for a POKER show. Who is the targeted audience?
The target audience is sports fans, some of whom also play poker. I will watch the world series of baseball and little league, but I never played baseball, and don't watch a single game any other time. I watch the Masters and British open for golf, but have played only once. Sports fans like to see championships.

The razz tourney is 2 days ahead of the stud h/l tourney. Are they kidding? Since these tournies all seem to last 3 days now (4 days next year perhaps?) this seems a bit too close together for me since a lot of the players will want to play in both. Getting to the final table in your second favorite event, and not being able to play in your favorite event as a result seems dumb. But even if you make it to day 2 and then get eliminated, you are likely to be exhausted and not at you best for the next day's event. How about seperating the few non-holdem events a little more. Holding still more of them instead is an even better idea though, read on.I think it is smart of them to hold a ton of hold'em tournies. Seems to me they want to max out the amount of rake they get,and the amount of customers at their hotels. Fair enough. But the best way to do that is to fill the hall. Filling the hall does not mean 2000 NLHE players each day, it can mean 1500 NLHE players and 500 players at another event held on the same day.

There is no way the Razz event would ever last more than 2 days. There will never be enough entrants.This year they had 291 and started the second day with 24.

There is no way the Razz event would ever last more than 2 days. There will never be enough entrants.This year they had 291 and started the second day with 24.
I seem to recall the razz event lasting til something like 6am or 10am or something sick like that. That said, if you made it that far you can afford to play tired in your favorite event I suppose. :-) I am not so sure they would never have enough players to make three days when it takes an awful long time to narrow down the razz field once you get a bunch of sensible players. It is just the nature of the game. I also thought that the non-holdem events were going up in entrants each year much like the holdem events were, just not as fast. If the WSOP folks can have just a bit of patience instead of killing off "other" poker events, they just might see more and more sellouts each year in some of the less popular events, and definitely increased fields in the events that don't sell out. This is a good reason to layer multiple events on the same day in my opinion, one HE event and one non-HE event satrting each day. Most new poker players seem to start playing holdem these days, understandably enough. But I think it is silly to think that HE is likely to be your best poker game, with so many other choices to choose from. As people realize this, I think it is totally resonable to think the ranks of those who play the other poker games will continue to grow each year as the ranks of HE players also grows. The WSOP folks are being a bit shortsighted here in my opinion.
Razz-$10kTriple Draw-$10kNo Limit 2-7-$10kLowball-$10kSeven Card Stud-$10kSeven Card Stud 8 or Better- $10kPLO-$10kO8-$10kOmaha Hi-$10kNo Limit Hold'em (6 handed)-$10kLimit Hold'em-$10kPot Limit Hold'em-$10kLimit Hold'em Shootout-$10kNo Limit Hold'em Shoot out-$10kNo Limit Hold'em-$10kHorse-$10kShoe-$10kBlind Man's Bluff-$10kNo Limit 2-7 IS Lowball...
Thanks, just made an error, I know that. (Changed it)
No HORSE or SHOE events again, so dissappointing.
what does the 'E' mean in HORSE and SHOE?
the E is either stud 8 or stud (s is the other one) Don't ask me why its an E, I have no idea
This censored is bannanas!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just yesterday I finally got fed up trying to figure out what a hollaback girl was, so I googled for it. This link does not really satisfy, but seems to be as close as i could get.http://www.slangcity.com/songs/hollaback_girl.htmMy own read on it is that it is a "promiscuous" girl who, the day after a one night stand, says "call me".
Does anyone how long Harrah's controls the WSOP? Will Binion's ever get it back?
Harrah's owns Binions, therefore they are the same. I'd guess they moved it 'cause there's not enough space at Binion's, plus they wanted to promote their "higher end" properties, like the Rio.

OK, my .02 here. I think it's horrible, but understandable what Harrah's is doing. They are running a business event, and running it for profit. They want to get as much profit as they can, but in doing so they are jeopardizing the integrity of the WSOP.My WSOP event breakdown (what it should be)44 events24 Holdem events13 NL7 Limit4 PL8 Omaha events5 PLO3 Limit O88 Stud events4 Stud Hi3 Hi/Lo split1 Razz2 Lowball events1 2-7 Triple Draw1 KC Lowball2 Combination events1 HORSE1 SHOEMake more higher buyins than this year's event, but keep some of the $1500 events. I am almost discouraged at this point from practicing other games right now, as I wouldn't have any chance to play other games at the WSOP when I can play.

Can you really blame them?They have to compete with the WPT and EPT now and other copy cats.They arent the Poker Olympics, they dont have to be fair in all fields and games played.I'm not for it, but I'm not gonna sit here and complain about it

No HORSE or SHOE events again, so dissappointing.
what does the 'E' mean in HORSE and SHOE?
the E is either stud 8 or stud (s is the other one) Don't ask me why its an E, I have no idea
What letter does "eight" start with? That should clear it up.

Like has been said already, you can't blame Harrah's for making so many NL Hold'em events since that's the action game of choice on TV... Plus having all those smaller (and higher % fee) buyins allows almost anyone to come play. Hell, I might even consider going to Vegas just to play in one of the $1/1.5k NL Hold'em tournies.Unless, that is, they're nearly as much of a crap shoot as the $50+5 MTT I was in at my local casio the other week (It had 140 entrants with 15 minute blind levels, less than one orbit per level).I'm assuming that unless the event has a specific time-frame (like the main event or event #39: "1 day event $1k NL Hold'em") that it will run at least a few days, depending on the number of entrants. Anyone know for sure? I'm eyeing event #2 and/or #17 in particular (or maybe #26, $1.5k PLO).

That schedule is a disgrace to anyone who takes the game seriously...I've only been playing for a little over 5 years and I cannot stand playing Hold Em' anymore..I play in a Live game almost daily and very, VERY rarely is it a mixed game...I have to beg and plead, practically kiss these people's @ss not to just play NLHE...Even if I play online, the only tournaments that fill up are the NLHE ones...Seems like Harrah's does not feel like being the pioneer and showing these "Professional 2003 Moneymaker Hopefuls" other games besides NLHE..I'd love to play in the PLO event(s) and the Stud H/L event(s) and the Razz event(s), but these tournaments are so far between each other, it's a joke...I mean, as it stands, I play full time, so I have the time off, but I don't have the bankroll to stay in Vegas for 2 months, watching TV in a hotel room waiting for an event every 2 weeks...I cannot blame Harrah's for not stepping up to the plate and daring to make players choose something other than NLHE, because every game on TV is a NLHE event, so you can blame the WPT, FSN, Celebrity Showdown...etc...I just think Harrah's has the ability and the chance to do something helpful for poker and enlighten these newjacks to other games besides NLHE, but they won't...Typical business monster, catering to the pathetic attention span, held by 95% of the world...Fcking sucks...

When are they going to bump up the entry fee in the main event. i think a 30k or 50k buy in would make things a lot more interesting. having 9 no names at the final table every year is going to kill the popuularity of the game not to mention the wsop