2006 world series of poker schedule

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read that correctly where they are expecting 8000 people to play the main event??I have my doubts you'll see many more than played it this year.Unless I got in for free (or had more money thanI knew what to do with) I wouldn't be buying in toa 7000 player tourney for 10 g's. As Worm so eloquently put it"We might as well play the fuckin lotto..."

Guest Anonymous

look at that main even ... if someone who played the first time won the event or made the final table they'd need 13 free days ... damn8000 people is insane ... that's a game of bingo ....plus i agree that they need some sort of a mixed game tourney ....matt :club:

I don't believe they will get 8000 ppl for the main event. The tournaments are ridiculous - way too many HE tournaments. While there will be the crowd of newbies getting their site tickets in - I think the overall participation rate will dwindle. I have talked with over 100 ppl that went this year for the first time and said things like "I was in way over my head" and "I won't be playing next year unless I get in through a sattellite"While 2005 was a milestone, I think most of the novice players have realized they are way out of their league when playing at the WSOP. Also, before someone brings it up, yes, there will be new ppl coming into poker after this years broadcasts, but I don't think it will even out the amount of ppl who will not return to the WSOP next year for their second trip.

The only cool thing about this is that its after the world cup..which meanse Ill be spending june in Germany and July in Vegas. Nice. Anyone in vegas want to let me chill with them for a month? im 95% serious. 98%.

I don't believe they will get 8000 ppl for the main event. The tournaments are ridiculous - way too many HE tournaments. While there will be the crowd of newbies getting their site tickets in - I think the overall participation rate will dwindle. I have talked with over 100 ppl that went this year for the first time and said things like "I was in way over my head" and "I won't be playing next year unless I get in through a sattellite"While 2005 was a milestone, I think most of the novice players have realized they are way out of their league when playing at the WSOP. Also, before someone brings it up, yes, there will be new ppl coming into poker after this years broadcasts, but I don't think it will even out the amount of ppl who will not return to the WSOP next year for their second trip.
Want to bet?Give me some odds and I will consider.

I think the idea of having two Day 2's is great....it won't force them to eliminate 75% of the field on the first day.Any know whether they have added or subtracted any events from last year? I don't remember that schedule well enough to figure it out.

I wouldnt doubt there are 8,000+ entrants next year, just think about it....Not only with the boom, but with the amount of extra promotion and sattelites from online gaming they will account for alot of extra people...Running low buy in sattelites around the clock for months and months will ensure atleast 8k....My opinion of course-P.

Why does the event keep getting moved? Can't they start at one time. Last year it started in April, this year early June, next year late June. My birthday is A+B. Maybe I'll be playing and still be in on that day.

Anyone else think it sucks that the WSOP is now almosta 2 month long event?Seems a little excessive to me...Cut out all these mickeymouse $1500 buy in tourneys, have a $10k (or better yet$25k) buy in tourney in each game once, and a HORSE gameand call it year. Could be over in like 2-3 weeks max.I would give THOSE event more consideration than the current WSOP, and having a bracelet would be a lot moreprestigious than it already is.

8000 people is highly possible considering last year it was team pokerstars vs the rest of the world. 1500 pokerstars players out of the 5,000+ players. Im sure party, full tilt and all the other big sites will have lots of qualifiers and pokerstars will qualify twice it did last year.

i think there has to be more events i didn't care to count this years i think was 42 and the main event started july 7 so next years july 28 or whatever is a litte nuts. I mean seriously why don't we just wait until it is 150 everyday in vegas to host it. well at maybe in five years the main event will be in like October and it will be nice in vegas then. Who cares how many people does it really matter it will be fun to win a seat and be apart of it again. Lets get the sats started already!!!!!!!!!!.

I mean seriously why don't we just wait until it is 150 everyday in vegas to host it. well at maybe in five years the main event will be in like October and it will be nice in vegas then.
No surprise why they do it when it's like 150 degrees...brings peoplein to town during what would usually be a slower time of year.No way they'll move it to October, they get enough people whenit's cold in the rest of the country already.

Everybody already knew that Harrahs would ruin it, this shouldn't be a big surprise. Await 2008 where the WSOP lasts 7 months with 150 seperate $750 buy in NLHE events, woo hoo