? about implied / pot odds pre-flop

Here is the situation...1/2 NL live at the Tropicana in AC. Cueball194, seat 4 $225.00Player 1, Seat 6 $300.00+Player 2, Seat 9 $55.00The table is playing tight / aggressive. Most hands will cost you $15.00 to see a flop with 2-3 players max.I am dealt :diamonds6: :clubs6: . I bet $15.00. UTG+1 foldsPlayer 1 raises to $30.00. Seats 7&8 fold.Player 2 re-raises to $55.00 and is all-in. Seats 10-3 (including the blinds) fold to me.What do I do?I am facing a raise and a re-raise. I am not terribly worried about the short stack, he has seen $45.00 come into the pot before him and may very well be making a move with any 2 cards. I am almost certain that I have a stronger hand than him. My worry is with player 1. I could move all-in myself to isolate player 2, but will player 1 lay his hand down or move all-in? I do not want to be all in pre-flop with my sixes. If he comes over the top, I fold...Quickly I have been told the correct play is to call player 2's all-in for another $40.00 and hope that player 1 also makes the call. In this scenario, there would be $170.00 in the pot with me investing $55.00...A little better than 3:1 on my money.If I calculated this correctly...If both players have over cards to my sixes, it is pretty much a straight-up race...1:1 to win the hand. If either of the players has a pocket pair bigger than my sixes, then I am huge dog...1:5 or so.Let me get to the point. Are my calculations correct? Ultimately, should I have called, moved all-in, or folded? Please explain. I'll tell you what I did in a little bit.Thanks for the help!!

I haven't played nl in a while but here's my take on the situation. 66 is not a good hand against two other people, although preflop you are likely around 40% with each of them 30% assuming there is no domination. However, you are out of position with a hand that is hard to play unless there is an ideal flop, not to mention you might be bluffing into a dry sidepot only to then be vulnerable to the guy who is all in. Taking your stacks into consideration, by investing $55 preflop you do not have the implied odds to try for a set against a potential overpair. I would lay it down and wait for a better situation or a better position in the hand.

I folded...There was a very good chance that player 1 held AK, AQ, or even KQ suited and I was fairly certain that player 2 was gambling with any 2 cards, but I decided to fold and live to see another day.Player 1 called played 2. P1 showed AJ and P2 turned over K8.Flop: 662 OUCH!Oh well. I didnt feel bad about the flop. Once you are out...You are out. BTW the turn was an 8. The short stack raked in a nice little $73.00 pot.

I dont know what you should do, but the odds are off a bit. You are something like 2:1 in the main pot,and about 1:1 in the side pot IF nobody has a better pocket pair. You're a little worse than 5:1 against an overcard hand and a better pocket pair. If BigStack has a better pair you're pretty much screwed.

If both players have over cards to my sixes, it is pretty much a straight-up race.
No.... it is not.
According to the cardplayer.com odds calculator it is.66.jpgThe picture is small, but the %'s are 66 32.4%AJ 35.5%K8 32.1%Maybe I missed something, but if that isnt a race, I dont know what is.
If both players have over cards to my sixes, it is pretty much a straight-up race.
No.... it is not.
According to the cardplayer.com odds calculator it is.66.jpgThe picture is small, but the %'s are 66 32.4%AJ 35.5%K8 32.1%Maybe I missed something, but if that isnt a race, I dont know what is.
as you mentioned above, you dont have a crystal ball, so you dont know what either player had. based on your reads, let's put player 2 on 2 overs, and player 1 could have either a higher pp or 2 overs (an even probability of either)1/2 of the times, you'll be getting 1/3 pot equity1/2 of the time, you'll be getting 1/5 pot equity1/2 x 1/3 + 1/2 x 1/5 = 4/15 = 26.6% combined pot equityyour hand isnts strong enough to justify a call here
No.... it is not.
There are also situations where you actually have an edge, namely when one (or ideally both) of their overcards overlaps. The point is, you aren't all in. If you call, you don't get your piece of the pie and move on. Plus, action is reopened to the guy who reraised your UTG+1 raise of 7.5 the BB.It's not a "race" when you have to defend a small pair out of position in a large pot - even if they both have overcards. The term race suggests that