new fcp'er in 10+1 celebpoker tourney pbp

Hey guys,Ive been wondering lately about 5 card draw.. (1)why isnt it played for at the WSOP anymore (2) why dont most online poker sites carry it? I learned to play 5 card draw before any other game, and have done reasonably well online playing (at celebpoker..only site i could find with draw and a relatively nice layout) I know they contest A5/27 triple draw at the WSOP..but whats the beef with straight up draw?Thanks for any input..Patrick

I started learning poker on 5 card draw and 5 card stud as well, but i think they don't offer it very much on online card rooms, is because the card rooms are not able to get as many hands per hour. Less hands equal less money for them. I totally agree with the sites for doing this, however i do not know why they dont have it at the wsop anymore, becuase they should, it is still a great game. I have played draw on paradise before, but it took very long and none of the seats were filled up.

Guest XXEddie
I started learning poker on 5 card draw and 5 card stud as well, but i think they don't offer it very much on online card rooms, is because the card rooms are not able to get as many hands per hour. Less hands equal less money for them. I totally agree with the sites for doing this, however i do not know why they dont have it at the wsop anymore, becuase they should, it is still a great game. I have played draw on paradise before, but it took very long and none of the seats were filled up.
so they dont carry 5 card draw/stud because it takes too longbut they play 7 card stud....?

quite the valid point.stud hands can be propostorously long. but stud is quite popular now so they must have it. if speed was an issue, all there would be would be holdem and omaha games on sites.

so they dont carry 5 card draw/stud because it takes too longbut they play 7 card stud....?
they don't make as much money simply because very few players play stud on a regular basis, and of those stud players, 80% play 7 stud, not 5 stud.

There aren't as many betting rounds in 5 card draw or 5 card stud, therefore the pots aren't as big. That's why they don't offer those games anymore. Thats the reason Triple Draw is becoming so popular and why 7 stud is so popular. More betting rounds = BIGGER POTS!They don't play triple draw at the WSOP!

the thing i like about online draw poker is that people get quite excited when they get a pair. they dont realize its almost 2-1 to get one. most of the players who play draw on celebpoker (where i play) all are holdem players and just try draw. so i make money off them. it works out efficiently. they get their try at draw, i get my $. :club:-patrickon a similar note heres some of my stats from since i started playin at celeb($20 deposit on 10/12)holdem - +$10 (20 hrs of play.. YES I KNOW./. BAD)draw +$185 (19 hrs of play)stud +95 (1.5 hrs of play.. i jumped onto a 4/8 table and wheeled.. :D)you guys should check out/try pokercharts.com.. helps track ur stats. free for a month too.

As someone stated above PokerRoom does offer 5 card draw.As to why it isnt offered on other sites I dont know, but on PokerRoom the game plays very fast. So I dont think speed is an issue. And sure there are smaller pots, but I think more hands per hour makes up for that. The game isnt even complicated.I think the main reason you dont see it offered is because it is not on TV. Holdem is the big game on TV and thats what people want to play. To the average joe, Omaha is just a different version of holdem. I think 7-Stud is offered just for variety. But all the action is at the holdem tables. Its because people watch it on TV and think that playing online will let them know if they are ready for the WSOP.

correctioncalled an allin for 1500 (i had 2900) with pocket 7s.he had pocket 5s and didnt improve.now i have 5300. another person had called about 500 of his stack.let me know if youre even interested, i know im new.. :)Patrick

40 out of 111 left at the 1 hr break.ave is 4162 i have 4680. 1st place pays 330, 2nd 220, all places over 6th >+100.ive gotten good staerting hands (a lot of KJ KQ stuff..) but no flops.

just had 99 vs 77allin by 77 guy, chip leader called then i calledflop came 8 5 3 i went all in leaderfolded.i have 8700, ave is 4757 with 35 left.

12000..bluffed iwth a8 suited and got a lot of people to fold to my arbitrary bet of 1247.. (blinds are 150/300)

down to 24.. top 10 pay. i could really use a top 5 finish (over $100). im a poor university student :)just moved a guy allin for his last 1k with 10k he had 89 hit a 9 on the turn.. still have 11k tho with an ave of 7k

down to 10kflopped top pair but there was 2 diamonds outi bet got calledturn another diamondshe goes all in for 2k ifold he shows flush.10k still. ave is 7k still.

how do i describe this except i f'd up and ended up winning...Hand #122026681 at table: Texas HoldemStarted: Mon Oct 24 23:33:10 2005Jerseynick is at seat 1 with 5073.00jackked is at seat 2 with 5764.00MartyMar is at seat 3 with 5980.00PatSchnarr is at seat 4 with 9445.00Paroli811 is at seat 5 with 1210.00Freakness is at seat 7 with 7694.00BIGDEAL13 is at seat 8 with 5020.00JimiDaCree is at seat 9 with 7955.00jackked posts the large blind 400.00Jerseynick posts the small blind 200.00Jerseynick: --, --jackked: --, --MartyMar: --, --PatSchnarr: 8c, 8sParoli811: --, --Freakness: --, --BIGDEAL13: --, --JimiDaCree: --, --Pre-flop:MartyMar: Raise 800.00PatSchnarr: Raise 1200.00Paroli811: FoldFreakness: FoldBIGDEAL13: FoldJimiDaCree: FoldJerseynick: Foldjackked: FoldMartyMar: All in PatSchnarr: Call 5980.00Showdown:MartyMar shows: Ks, Kc (a pair of Kings)PatSchnarr shows: 8c, 8s (a pair of Eights)Flop (Board: Qc, Jc, 9c):Turn (Board: Qc, Jc, 9c, 8d):River (Board: Qc, Jc, 9c, 8d, 8h):PatSchnarr shows: 8c, 8s (four of a kind, Eights)DOWN TO 20!! 2 tables. i have 2x the average. 16k..ave is 8kMainpot: PatSchnarr wins the pot of 12560 with four of a kind, Eights