Iveyfan you can't dislike all modern hip-hop. I know g-unit don't have anyone that can rap between 4 of them but there are plenty of good rappers out there
i guess im alittle close minded when it comes to the modern stuff...de la, tribe, guru, rakim,,to me thats hip hop ...rappin about rims and chains is just boring..
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iveyfan you can't dislike all modern hip-hop. I know g-unit don't have anyone that can rap between 4 of them but there are plenty of good rappers out there
i guess im alittle close minded when it comes to the modern stuff...de la, tribe, guru, rakim,,to me thats hip hop ...rappin about rims and chains is just boring..
I agree with you. Except i disagree with Joel because i happen to think Lloyd Banks is a very good lyricist. I enjoy old school hip hop as well. Ive always been a Wu Tang fan , hence the name Ghostface, And i go back as far as NWA to Grand master flash and Run DMC and the beastie boys ETC. Todays hip hop is club anthems and punchlines about ice. If you dont like it dont listen to it.
Ugh.....Im not gonna even respond to this. It would be like having a conversation with the deaf. Why dont you reread all my posts in this thread you simpleton.
There's no shame in your crying "uncle." I respect you more for it. Good for you.
Ugh.....Im not gonna even respond to this. It would be like having a conversation with the deaf. Why dont you reread all my posts in this thread you simpleton.
There's no shame in your crying "uncle." I respect you more for it. Good for you.
Crying uncle? You are about as cool as a fart in a space suit.

You only think lloyd banks is a good lyricist becuase he raps on songs with 50 cent and anyone sounds good next to him. The game said it best on 300 bars.You want to sound like lloyd banks repeat after meI'm a g-unit toy soldier On sesame street doin voiceovers

dude, you listed Depeche mode, the cure, and the smiths as the 3 groups you listen too. You listen to a bunch of english pansys that wear makeup and make absolutely no sense. Hey, to each their own though right. As long as i dont feel like im part of "the breakfast club" while im playing poker.
Don't Mudvayne wear make up and make no sense?
You know what i find hysterical...........your actually right! There first video the wore makeup and the guy screamed at the top of his lungs. There newer stuff is much more evolved into music and not screaming. And i dont listen to mudvayne and slipknot because its remarkable music. I just like them. Alot of people think they suck and are annoying. Its honestly what ive felt like listening too lately as i said, i have a wide variety of taste in music. However, Notorious BIG and Tupac is on a different class of music. They paved the way for hip hop of today. The cure didnt do shlt for anyone.
are you being serious?? i actually feel bad for you...i guess if you only go as far back as 1998 musically, then you are right....ask some of the bads that are big right now if the cure did anything for them....such a jopke....
What bands are you talking about. The Killers? My Chemical Romance? Lets take a look at where these bands will be in 3 years.
im not trying to make fun of you, i just feel you are alot younger than me thats why you dont get what im saying...i guess its how in 10 years you might still be listening to biggie..the cure, depeche mode, and morriseey still sell out every tour they go on..so i would assume more ppl like them than just me..biggie and tupac actually dont effect hip hop today, if they did hip hop of today would be listenable, which its not...
Here is the thing......We are arguing over opinions. Im sure all those bands you just stated sell out every tour but then again so does Britney Spears, do you like her? My point being that we our taste differs in music. That doesnt make either one of us right or wrong, bad or good. As i said, To each his own.
none of the bands i listed are considered "pop" music by todays standards.. actually when i was younger these were the pop artists of the time...if you think biggie or pac are lyrical i 'd love for you read the lyrics to the cure song disintergration...or fascination street.. for that matter any smiths song ever...pretty lyrical stuff.. dont get me wrong , there are times i like mindless crap as well , im just sayin its hard to mock a band you have never listened to..im 99.99 % you have never listened to any of the bands i mentioned that i liked...
dude, you listed Depeche mode, the cure, and the smiths as the 3 groups you listen too. You listen to a bunch of english pansys that wear makeup and make absolutely no sense. Hey, to each their own though right. As long as i dont feel like im part of "the breakfast club" while im playing poker.
Don't Mudvayne wear make up and make no sense?
You know what i find hysterical...........your actually right! There first video the wore makeup and the guy screamed at the top of his lungs. There newer stuff is much more evolved into music and not screaming. And i dont listen to mudvayne and slipknot because its remarkable music. I just like them. Alot of people think they suck and are annoying. Its honestly what ive felt like listening too lately as i said, i have a wide variety of taste in music. However, Notorious BIG and Tupac is on a different class of music. They paved the way for hip hop of today. The cure didnt do shlt for anyone.
are you being serious?? i actually feel bad for you...i guess if you only go as far back as 1998 musically, then you are right....ask some of the bads that are big right now if the cure did anything for them....such a jopke....
What bands are you talking about. The Killers? My Chemical Romance? Lets take a look at where these bands will be in 3 years.
im not trying to make fun of you, i just feel you are alot younger than me thats why you dont get what im saying...i guess its how in 10 years you might still be listening to biggie..the cure, depeche mode, and morriseey still sell out every tour they go on..so i would assume more ppl like them than just me..biggie and tupac actually dont effect hip hop today, if they did hip hop of today would be listenable, which its not...
Here is the thing......We are arguing over opinions. Im sure all those bands you just stated sell out every tour but then again so does Britney Spears, do you like her? My point being that we our taste differs in music. That doesnt make either one of us right or wrong, bad or good. As i said, To each his own.
none of the bands i listed are considered "pop" music by todays standards.. actually when i was younger these were the pop artists of the time...if you think biggie or pac are lyrical i 'd love for you read the lyrics to the cure song disintergration...or fascination street.. for that matter any smiths song ever...pretty lyrical stuff.. dont get me wrong , there are times i like mindless crap as well , im just sayin its hard to mock a band you have never listened to..im 99.99 % you have never listened to any of the bands i mentioned that i liked...
You are 99% right. I have heard stuff from the Cure on the radio and Depeche Mode and never got into them obviously for the simple fact that they were way before my time.
You only think lloyd banks is a good lyricist becuase he raps on songs with 50 cent and anyone sounds good next to him. The game said it best on 300 bars.You want to sound like lloyd banks repeat after meI'm a g-unit toy soldier On sesame street doin voiceovers
I only think Lloyd Banks is a good lyricist because he is a good lyricist. His punchlines are fantastic. No one has better punch lines than Lloyd. I can listen to him and appreciate some of the things hes sayin.