I am unsure about danglers... all jokes aside. I mean I know not to play them, but what about...say you have As Kc Qc 2s, do you have one in this case? is it not a dangler when it is attached to the nut flush draw?thanks in advance

I think the best way to think of it is to think of all 6 two card combinations I have preflop.The 2 sucks, but it's suited to the ace. So I only have two 2-card combinations that aren't much, K2o and Q2o, and (barring a b0at) I'll be looking to win with four 2-card combinations rather than a possible 6. The dangers are obvious.What's really bad is if it's a REAL dangler that's completely disconnected from your hand. Now you're playing 3 hands while your opponents are playing 6.Danglers suck. I think a semi-dangler can *sometimes* be played in position... but realize your hands' weaknesses and strengths. Don't plan to make a lot of money unless you're freerolling a broadway draw, but also don't forget that the nut spade flush isn't splitting with anyone.

thanks a buch for responding you three. That helped a lot.I had never hear that before TJ, to look at it like 6 hands, that helps immensely. Kinda shows why hands like 6677 double suited aren't that great... because the overlap doesn't matter.Another question on something I call a reverse dangler. It is where a hand is low like 5h 6h 7s Asthat is a pretty good hand too right. I mean looking for a straight - obviously - but you also have the ace high flush possibility. Should this hand be avioded more or just played cautiously and in position.Another question altogether is somtimes I get hands like 5 6 7 9, I don't like this hand all that much compared to a hand like 5 7 8 9. Isn't the latter MUCH more powerful? Would you rather just have 5 6 7 8 though?Thanks again.

Basic Omaha strategy would dictate playing 3 str8 xcards w/ a suited ace. middle wraps like stated are ok, but better to be sequenced, 6789. Gaps can killers. Only at certain times would these hands be good. A basic tenet is to draw to the nuts, so get out of the middle srt8 hands if your looking to draw to the smaller side.You should invest $25 in a good solid book on this game, its much much more sublime, yet still more action packed then other forms of poker. Spending $25 is a good move, especially since you seem interested in learning the game.

middle wraps like stated are ok, but better to be sequenced, 6789. Gaps can killers. Only at certain times would these hands be good.
the thing that I like about gaps, though, is that when the flop fills it your hand is much more powerful... say you hold 5 7 8 9 and the flop comes 4 6 K you have a huge draw(16 cards for the nuts twice). Whereas is you have 5 6 7 8 and the flop comes 3 4 K your draw isn's as good (13 outs twice). Granted it is less likely to fill that gap, but it is a stronger hand. I just think that the gap at the top - 5 6 7 9 is awful because the 9 doesn't help you with nut straights that often (would need a 568 and you have no straight redraw).
thanks a buch for responding you three. That helped a lot.I had never hear that before TJ, to look at it like 6 hands, that helps immensely. Kinda shows why hands like 6677 double suited aren't that great... because the overlap doesn't matter.Another question on something I call a reverse dangler. It is where a hand is low like 5h 6h 7s Asthat is a pretty good hand too right. I mean looking for a straight - obviously - but you also have the ace high flush possibility. Should this hand be avioded more or just played cautiously and in position.Another question altogether is somtimes I get hands like 5 6 7 9, I don't like this hand all that much compared to a hand like 5 7 8 9. Isn't the latter MUCH more powerful? Would you rather just have 5 6 7 8 though?Thanks again.
This is something I've learned from playing triple draw:The key difference to low poker vs. other forms of poker is that you're drawing at EXACTLY 5 perfect cards (for a wheel). There isn't nearly as much interrelations with starting hands like in hold'em.For example, AA would much rather be up against AK all in preflop than 7h8h, but AhKs is waaaay ahead of 7h8h.So if you're drawing to a wheel, your hand has parts of a 5 card combination. An ace is ONLY better than a 5 because in the context of the board cards you need (2-3-4), the ace wins more and more frequently. But it still needs the 5 to scoop a 2-3-4 on board.Therefore flexibility is important in omaha. And AA23 suited both ways is just a hellofalot better and makes more nutty combinations than 567A.You only have 2 wheel cards with 765A. So the point is you want to play nuttier starting cards. More tops and more bottoms and less middles.I throw 5678 away like the PLAGUE in O8.In Omaha high it's more interesting.