payouts at fest al lago...

Has anyone else noticed the payout structure at the tourney?With only 420 players entered, it payed out 100 players this os obviously different than usual, where approx 45 players would be payed...approx ten percent of the field.With 100 they are paying around 23% of the field. Also, the payouts are VERY flat. The difference between 100 and 51st is around three thousand dollars I think(?).the only good thing is that after the bubble bursts (sorry Al Smooth), play really speeds up. With no real pay difference everyone then switches gears from survival to accumulating chips. This promotes uber-aggressive play and I am sure a lot of tough preflop decsions.I would think amateur players would like this new structure, making ti easier for them to cash. Plus considering most are in the tourney due to a satellite the 12,000 for 100 is a pretty good profit.Obviously, the top pros are against this structure. See Thunder Kellers article in cardplayer regarding this. He actually wrote the article referring to the tradtional structure, which many pros still feel is too spread out. I wonder how he feels now

Has anyone else noticed the payout structure at the tourney?With only 420 players entered, it payed out 100 players this os obviously different than usual, where approx 45 players would be payed...approx ten percent of the field.With 100 they are paying around 23% of the field. Also, the payouts are VERY flat. The difference between 100 and 51st is around three thousand dollars I think(?).the only good thing is that after the bubble bursts (sorry Al Smooth), play really speeds up. With no real pay difference everyone then switches gears from survival to accumulating chips. This promotes uber-aggressive play and I am sure a lot of tough preflop decsions.I would think amateur players would like this new structure, making ti easier for them to cash. Plus considering most are in the tourney due to a satellite the 12,000 for 100 is a pretty good profit.Obviously, the top pros are against this structure. See Thunder Kellers article in cardplayer regarding this. He actually wrote the article referring to the tradtional structure, which many pros still feel is too spread out. I wonder how he feels now
It's Jack McClelland's structure, simialr to the one he used in Aruba. In Aruba, they paid 125 spots with only 647 entrants, with 125-101 all making the same, as well as 100-41. If I was a normal pay strucutre, I would have made 3x what I did. Blah.That being said, Jack (and some people) believe with so many amateurs in the fields these days, this is the way to go.Patrick

I had intended on trying to get into this event, but when I found out that the event started on Tuesday I decided against it. If I had known that they were paying that many spots I definitely would have tried to get in. One of the main problems with tournament poker is that too often things are too heavily weighted toward only a few players who get lucky at the end.

I had intended on trying to get into this event, but when I found out that the event started on Tuesday I decided against it. If I had known that they were paying that many spots I definitely would have tried to get in. One of the main problems with tournament poker is that too often things are too heavily weighted toward only a few players who get lucky at the end.
you mean the players who, ummmmmm, win?