a fun omaha hand

this has been one of the larger PL OMAHA hands i've been a part of...too bad i came out on the wrong end dealt to RW_FCP [As Qc 5c Ad]TS_Long: raises to $3.50Innitt: calls $3.50acebronco: calls $3.50RW_FCP: raises to $19sheeppig: calls $19CrownSuit: calls $18.50TS_Long: calls $15.50----- FLOP ----- [8s Ac 9c]CrownSuit: bets $83.84 and is all-inTS_Long: is all-in $83.11RW_FCP: is all-in $79.50sheeppig: calls $83.84I CALL, BEING AROUND A 3-1 FAVORITE AGAINST ANY HAND----- TURN ----- [8s Ac 9c][5h]----- RIVER ----- [8s Ac 9c 5h][2h]----- SHOW DOWN -----CrownSuit: shows [9d 9s Th 5s] (Three of a kind, Nines, Ace high)TS_Long: shows [7h 6h Jc 8h] (A Straight, Nine high)RW_FCP: shows [As Qc 5c Ad] (Three of a kind, Aces, Nine high)sheeppig: shows [6c 6s 7s 3s] (A Straight, Nine high)sheeppig collected $1.46 from Side pot #2TS_Long collected $5.42 from Side pot #1sheeppig collected $5.41 from Side pot #1TS_Long collected $199.50 from Main potsheeppig collected $199.50 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot $414.29 Main pot $399 Side pot #1 $10.83 | Side pot #2 $1.46 | Rake $3Board [8s Ac 9c 5h 2h]Seat 1: RW_FCP lostSeat 2: sheeppig showed [6c 6s 7s 3s] and won ($206.37) with A Straight, Nine highSeat 3: Raptor1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: CrownSuit (small blind) lostSeat 5: fishfish (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: TS_Long showed [7h 6h Jc 8h] and won ($204.92) with A Straight, Nine highSeat 9: Innitt folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: acebronco folded before Flop (didn't bet)FUN HAND....

this has been one of the larger PL OMAHA hands i've been a part of...too bad i came out on the wrong end dealt to RW_FCP [As Qc 5c Ad]TS_Long: raises to $3.50Innitt: calls $3.50acebronco: calls $3.50RW_FCP: raises to $19sheeppig: calls $19CrownSuit: calls $18.50TS_Long: calls $15.50----- FLOP ----- [8s Ac 9c]CrownSuit: bets $83.84 and is all-inTS_Long: is all-in $83.11RW_FCP: is all-in $79.50sheeppig: calls $83.84I CALL, BEING AROUND A 3-1 FAVORITE AGAINST ANY HAND
You're less than 2-1 againt 7c Jc Ts 6s.

that's the bummer about plo...without redraws, the ntus on the flop go away quickly. Personally, with rolled up aces in omaha, when I flop a set, I'd do the happy dance too, but there's a flush draw and straight draw out there, so I'd be praying for the board to pair up cause otherwise more than likely you'll lose to one of those redraws out there, that's a lot of cards to dodge against three other players.

this has been one of the larger PL OMAHA hands i've been a part of...too bad i came out on the wrong end dealt to RW_FCP [As Qc 5c Ad]TS_Long: raises to $3.50Innitt: calls $3.50acebronco: calls $3.50RW_FCP: raises to $19sheeppig: calls $19CrownSuit: calls $18.50TS_Long: calls $15.50----- FLOP ----- [8s Ac 9c]CrownSuit: bets $83.84 and is all-inTS_Long: is all-in $83.11RW_FCP: is all-in $79.50sheeppig: calls $83.84I CALL, BEING AROUND A 3-1 FAVORITE AGAINST ANY HAND----- TURN ----- [8s Ac 9c][5h]----- RIVER ----- [8s Ac 9c 5h][2h]----- SHOW DOWN -----CrownSuit: shows [9d 9s Th 5s] (Three of a kind, Nines, Ace high)TS_Long: shows [7h 6h Jc 8h] (A Straight, Nine high)RW_FCP: shows [As Qc 5c Ad] (Three of a kind, Aces, Nine high)sheeppig: shows [6c 6s 7s 3s] (A Straight, Nine high)sheeppig collected $1.46 from Side pot #2TS_Long collected $5.42 from Side pot #1sheeppig collected $5.41 from Side pot #1TS_Long collected $199.50 from Main potsheeppig collected $199.50 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot $414.29 Main pot $399 Side pot #1 $10.83 | Side pot #2 $1.46 | Rake $3Board [8s Ac 9c 5h 2h]Seat 1: RW_FCP lostSeat 2: sheeppig showed [6c 6s 7s 3s] and won ($206.37) with A Straight, Nine highSeat 3: Raptor1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: CrownSuit (small blind) lostSeat 5: fishfish (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: TS_Long showed [7h 6h Jc 8h] and won ($204.92) with A Straight, Nine highSeat 9: Innitt folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: acebronco folded before Flop (didn't bet)FUN HAND....
ummm...no. I think I found your leak. It's complete lack of knowledge. Good times.
this has been one of the larger PL OMAHA hands i've been a part of...too bad i came out on the wrong end dealt to RW_FCP [As Qc 5c Ad]TS_Long: raises to $3.50Innitt: calls $3.50acebronco: calls $3.50RW_FCP: raises to $19sheeppig: calls $19CrownSuit: calls $18.50TS_Long: calls $15.50----- FLOP ----- [8s Ac 9c]CrownSuit: bets $83.84 and is all-inTS_Long: is all-in $83.11RW_FCP: is all-in $79.50sheeppig: calls $83.84I CALL, BEING AROUND A 3-1 FAVORITE AGAINST ANY HAND
ummm...no. I think I found your leak. It's complete lack of knowledge. Good times.
Lets clarify. As it was he was a 3-1 favourite. BUT put him up against Kc 10c 6d 7dUnless of course you can see their hands before you make the call.

ok, but he was 3-1 in this hand. maybe not a bad beat in the traditional, runner-runner straight flush sense, but i was in pain reading about it, so i think it counts. the way the hand was played, with the terrible hands drawing extremely thin and then splitting the pot was painful.in my books OP, that is a bad beat, and i hope you proceeded to take those fishies' money.p.s. i will now go play omaha PL

OP, you might enjoy this too.Game #1018563754 - (blinds $2/$4) Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2005/10/10-02:54:20.1(CST)Table "Coral Sea" (real money) -- Seat 1 is the buttonSeat 1: EZSAILOR ($189.00 in chips)Seat 2: Tommyhawkers ($392.00 in chips)Seat 3: timhorr ($1,142.48 in chips)Seat 4: quaider ($396.00 in chips)Seat 5: Kwtwa Kwtr ($203.26 in chips)Seat 6: chaser1234 ($148.25 in chips)Seat 7: GrabCaptain ($457.00 in chips)Seat 8: Ki_Double_D ($611.25 in chips)Seat 9: fishyyyy ($54.00 in chips)Seat 10: Heide13x ($535.25 in chips)Tommyhawkers: Post Small Blind ($2)timhorr : Post Big Blind ($4)Ki_Double_D: Post ($6)Dealt to Tommyhawkers [ 4c Th 3c 6s]quaider : Fold Kwtwa Kwtr: Raise ($8)chaser1234: Call ($8)GrabCaptain: Call ($8)Ki_Double_D: Call ($4)Heide13x: Call ($8)Tommyhawkers: Call ($6)timhorr : Call ($4)*** FLOP *** : [ 2h 6c 5c ]Tommyhawkers: Check timhorr : Check Kwtwa Kwtr: Bet ($4)chaser1234: Raise ($45)Tommyhawkers: Raise ($197)timhorr : Call ($197)Kwtwa Kwtr: Call All-in ($191.26)chaser1234: Call All-in ($95.25)*** TURN *** : [ 2h 6c 5c ] [ Kh ]Tommyhawkers: Bet ($187)timhorr : Call ($187)*** RIVER *** : [ 2h 6c 5c Kh ] [ 3s ]*** SUMMARY ***Pot: $616.25 | Side pot 1: $164.78 | Side pot 2: $377.48 | Rake: $3Board: [ 2h 6c 5c Kh 3s ]EZSAILOR didn't bet (folded) Tommyhawkers lost $392 (showed hand) [ 4c Th 3c 6s ] (a straight, two tosix)timhorr bet $392, collected $1,158.51, net +$766.51 (showed hand) [ 4s Ac 8c 7d ] (a straight, three to seven)quaider didn't bet (folded) Kwtwa Kwtr lost $203.26 (showed hand) [ 7s 9d 8d 8s ] (a pair of eights)chaser1234 lost $148.25 (showed hand) [ Jd 5h Jc 5d ] (three of a kind,fives)GrabCaptain lost $8 (folded) Ki_Double_D lost $10 (folded) fishyyyy didn't bet (folded) Heide13x lost $8 (folded) The villian did almost have correct odds to call.. guess i can't blame him.

i think u guys missed that he has the best flush draw tooits not 3 to 1 but he is a big fav
The queen high flush is not the nut flush.
and what flush was he going to lose to? actually learn the game rather than spouting out some useful terms you read in your first sklansky book.
Tommyhawkers, the leak in your game:[ 4c Th 3c 6s] Tommyhawkers: Call ($6)  No problem.-fop
Do you realize I was getting 8:1 on my money? Yes, 8:1.. that means I only have to be 12.5% favorite to get even money. I assure you I was at least 12.5% to win preflop. Let me give you an example. AA vs 23o = 86.5/13.5. This guy would be making a correct call getting 8:1 on his money. Do you see why?And no one is flaming the OP for AA with a Q5 club draw, max-reraising pre-flop? Granted, he did hit a gorgeous flop.

Explanation:The OP played it out in an Omaha Calc online, saw that he was 74% to win, rounded it up to 3-1 and posted.He did not realize the misstep of saying 3-1 against ANY hand, because he didn't think of his villians holding better hands than they did. The beauty of throwing out odds like you determined them.UL OP, welcome to poker, stop playing PLO.

Explanation:The OP played it out in an Omaha Calc online, saw that he was 74% to win, rounded it up to 3-1 and posted.He did not realize the misstep of saying 3-1 against ANY hand, because he didn't think of his villians holding better hands than they did. The beauty of throwing out odds like you determined them.UL OP, welcome to poker, stop playing PLO.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Are you crazy? WTF is your problem? I need the money.
Explanation:The OP played it out in an Omaha Calc online, saw that he was 74% to win, rounded it up to 3-1 and posted.He did not realize the misstep of saying 3-1 against ANY hand, because he didn't think of his villians holding better hands than they did.  The beauty of throwing out odds like you determined them.UL OP, welcome to poker, stop playing PLO.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Are you crazy? WTF is your problem? I need the money.
1) This was directed at OP. 2) I probably would have said this in general, as I hate PLO, although I am not bad at it. It is a game of commitment, and I am not committed enough to play through PLO swings, it's my own problem.3) I completely understand that you need money and I completely understand that you make assloads playing PLO. I allow you to keep playing :club:.4) You do not complain/exaggerate PLO beats as they are rarely if ever really BAD beats. For ****'s sake, its PLO, you are rarely a huge favorite. The OP annoyed me with his 3/1 favorite jargon. Many are often an 11/1 favorite and get flamed for posting when they lose huge pots, he had no room to complain. If he was to keep complaining my solution was: Don't play PLO.I hope we can still be lovers Alf, my nights would be lonely without you.
Tommyhawkers, the leak in your game:[ 4c Th 3c 6s] Tommyhawkers: Call ($6) No problem.-fop
With that many hands in preflop, it seems this hand will just get you in trouble in the long run.I am no PLO pro by any means, you were unlucky this time. I would have folded preflop. To Alf and other PLO players, do an analysis of TH's hand for my benefit, I want to know what a winning player thinks about all streets, tyvm.
Tommyhawkers, the leak in your game:[ 4c Th 3c 6s] Tommyhawkers: Call ($6) No problem.-fop
With that many hands in preflop, it seems this hand will just get you in trouble in the long run.I am no PLO pro by any means, you were unlucky this time. I would have folded preflop. To Alf and other PLO players, do an analysis of TH's hand for my benefit, I want to know what a winning player thinks about all streets, tyvm.