more info related to buy ins oct 16th

Daniel I like your website. I think that writing about your experiences as a player helps improve your game so if I ever meet you in person I'll buy you a Coke because your site may be helping me to earn an extra buck or two. With that said I don't know where the appropriate section to post questions is, so I figured I would just ask mine in this forum. I am a very aggressive player but because I like to have position and be the aggressor I rarely defend my small blind. However there are situations where you must play marginal hands and even trash hands in this position and I seem to have trouble deciphiring the right move at times. I'll give a couple examples. 1. At a six handed table I'm in the small blind with 9c 5c. A weak player limps in from second position, the button calls, I complete the bet and the big blind checks. The flop comes 9 7 4 giving me top pair with a weak kicker. Ordinarily in a four way pot with little way to read my opponents hands (two loose limpers and the big blind) I would tend to think that my hand is probably the best but definitly needs protection. Usually I'll take a stab at the pot by betting say half of whats in there. The problem here is obvious. It's tough to get called by a weaker hand but if I check then maybe everybody else checks and I give a free card with the best hand. Since I have no data on my opponents hands (particularly the big blind) any card that comes off the deck could beat me. How would you play here? (consider that my style and hence table image is somewhat similar to your style but not quite as super aggressive and obviously not nearly as good. But give me a couple years on the latter. LOL x 3) 2. I'm in the SB again with A 6o and the button "a true calling station" limps in. I complete and the big blind raps the table without a seconds hesitation. The flop comes 9 6 2 rainbow. I bet out 60% of the pot, the big blind passes and the button hesitates then calls. The turn card comes a J making a potential flush draw. What is the play here? Do I continue to bet in case my opponent has ace high or 78? Do I check and call, check and fold, check and raise. Should I have bet the flop in the first place? It seems like agianst this type of player in these types of situations you could make a case for any option but I was looking for a little insight on what you would suggest. Thanks for your time and your forum. I hope you get the chance to get back to me.

I think all you really need in terms of a stack is enough chips to play an effective strategy based on the blind structure for that game. It's funny that Daniel buys into 5 10 games for 125k but I agree that is a very small part of his advantage. (Besides where do you think he got the 125k in the first place)