sng's more profitable than ring games?

I was wondering if there's any way to PROVE that SNG's are more lucrative than ring games. Maybe they aren't. I dunno. I was just thinking this because of the prize structure.$11 on party1st - 502nd - 303rd - 20but if you lose... you only lose $11.Say you have a $300 BR for the 11's vs. a limit ring gameif you're playing .5-1 you should be making about 3/100$11 SNG with a ROI of 20% is $2 per SNG.... I'm not claiming my math is correct, please someone fix it if its wrongJust thinking...

Different strokes. Different folks.That reminds me. On Tuesday night, I filled up my car with gas in Hollywood, and at the pump in front of me was Todd Bridges. It was one of those celebrity sightings that I truly cherish...like the time I saw Fred Savage at Outback. The crazy thing was, the next morning I was walking across the courtyard of where I work and at a table sipping coffee was Todd Bridges again! Twice in 12 hours I saw Todd Bridges!It was so crazy, I kept waiting for frogs to start falling from the sky.

this is what Lee Jones wrote at the 2004 world poker player conference and his topic was beating online sng's.Profit opportunity and bankroll requirementsA. A SnG player may be able to make more money than cash games,given that they are the same bankroll.B. A "good" $5/$10 limit holdem player can make, perhaps,$25/hour/table on a $3,000 bankroll, with 1% risk of ruinC. A "good" $100 no-limit holdem SnG player can make,perhaps,$40/hour/table on the same $3000 bankroll with the same 1% risk of ruin.D. Players must choose the game that suits their style and temperament.

this is what Lee Jones wrote at the 2004 world poker player conference and his topic was beating online sng's.Profit opportunity and bankroll requirementsA. A SnG player may be able to make more money than cash games,given that they are the same bankroll.B. A "good" $5/$10 limit holdem player can make, perhaps,$25/hour/table on a $3,000 bankroll, with 1% risk of ruinC. A "good" $100 no-limit holdem SnG player can make,perhaps,$40/hour/table on the same $3000 bankroll with the same 1% risk of ruin.D. Players must choose the game that suits their style and temperament.
Thats not takning into consideration the fact that multitable ring games is MUCH easier then multitabling SNGs. Also, the lower limit ring games tend to be a bit easier then the lower limit SNGs in my opinion. Not saying they arent easily destroyable, but I cant imagine them being more profitable.
Different strokes. Different folks.That reminds me. On Tuesday night, I filled up my car with gas in Hollywood, and at the pump in front of me was Todd Bridges. It was one of those celebrity sightings that I truly cherish...like the time I saw Fred Savage at Outback. The crazy thing was, the next morning I was walking across the courtyard of where I work and at a table sipping coffee was Todd Bridges again! Twice in 12 hours I saw Todd Bridges!It was so crazy, I kept waiting for frogs to start falling from the sky.
Please tell me you didn't miss the opportunity to go up to him and in the lowest voice you could gather say, "what you talkin' bout willis?Now that would have been memorable! :club:
Another thing to consider is the time requirements of a sng. I find it much easier to play ring games knowing I can walk away at anytime, rather than "booking" 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours for a sng.
2.5 hour sngs?what a structure!
Another thing to consider is the time requirements of a sng. I find it much easier to play ring games knowing I can walk away at anytime, rather than "booking" 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours for a sng.
2.5 hours haaaaaaaaa, party only gives you 800 chips and the blinds go up every 10 hands. they want them to end fast. rake rake rake as they say
I was wondering if there's any way to PROVE that SNG's are more lucrative than ring games. Maybe they aren't. I dunno. I was just thinking this because of the prize structure.
I can't imagine there is a good way to prove either option more lucrative.Different people will have different experiences and opinions, but as far as proof, I don't think you are going to find what you are looking for. However, you will find some people who consider thier opinion on any subject proof enough. In general these people never have any real sort of evidence to back up thier claims, but that doesn't seem to bother anyone.Good Luck.
I was wondering if there's any way to PROVE that SNG's are more lucrative than ring games.They're not, not close, next.good luck.
Smash, I think you'd know more about this than me, and I'm not saying I you're wrong, but I just want to know why they aren't even close.Make me understand.Then I'll accept it as truth.
I was wondering if there's any way to PROVE that SNG's are more lucrative than ring games.They're not, not close, next.good luck.
Smash, I think you'd know more about this than me, and I'm not saying I you're wrong, but I just want to know why they aren't even close.Make me understand.Then I'll accept it as truth.
Smash doesn't give a damn what you accept or not. Asking smash to prove something is like asking God to shout out *Hey Landon, I exsist." Don't hold your breath expecting it to happen. Smash likes make statements that he offers no support for. Either you accept what he says or don't, but don't expect silly things like proof to be forthcoming.
wow, that wasn't even close to the explantion I was expecting. I wasn't talking to you, if you have nothing to add to this then your post is useless. you should be spending less time flaming me and more time searching for a new avatar.
HEy psycho, I wasn't flaming you, I as just saying don't hold your breath for a smash response. Take your ritalin, garth.''Edit: By the way, my avitar is way more McFlier than yours.