Okay clearly this is what most, not all, but most of you want. So without any further adieu the post that you all want:Daniel is the best.Daniel is great.Daniel does everything right.Daniel does nothing wrong.Thanks Daniel for this website.Thanks Daniel for your blog, please, please don't let those free thinking jerks that speak their mind stop you from blogging.Daniel please tell us what you ate for breakfast today.Daniel what time did you first go the bathroom today when you woke up?Daniel please say hi to Barry Greenstein for me when you play him next.Daniel nice laydown that one time against insert name here.Daniel when are you going to invite us FCP'ers over to your house. Only us nice ones though, don't invite any of those mean people. Remember me Daniel I always say nice things about you.I love you Daniel.How is Mushu doing?I have some really great home made dog biscuits for Mushu, where can I send them?Good luck in the WPT, you are the man and I just know that you will take it down, nobody stands a chance.Daniel you are the man.Daniel I can't wait to play Stacked, man it's going to be so cool. I am sure I will get lots of great tips. Man I wish it wasn't delayed until December but I can't wait.Daniel are you going to play Stacked on Xbox Live? I can't wait to play you.Daniel you are the best, I wish you weren't married cause I am sure my sister would love you.Daniel I can't wait to play with you at The Wynn.You are the best man.Okay there is finally a post that I am sure you will all love and we can all agree on!!!!

Major...what's the big deal here? Everyone didn't jump all over you because you said you didn't like Daniel, they did it because they completely disagreed with your comment that he was out of line at that table. Let it go.You can stop playing the martyr now. You made a comment, everyone and their mother disagreed with you (some vehemently)...the end.

Wow...you really take this too seriously dude. :shock:  Calm down...you made a point some people disagreed with. Happens to us all.
It was strictly in the manner that several people chose to disagree.I never expected nor would want people to agree just to agree.The issue was that many people chose to resort to personal attacks, and blindly defend Daniel.Daniel is a human being like everyone of us with feelings, failings, good days bad days, that does not make him perfect or infallible.I have not met him so I don't know him and cannot comment on his character.Conversely you do not know me personally and therefore are not in a position to criticize me either.It is not just me, as I have said in many other posts that while it may not seem like it at the moment I have a thick enough skin and can take it.Others though may never post because this place has gotten so nasty.The point of this silly thread wasn't contrary to Guin's point for me to get more attention.God I think I have had enough!!!It was to merely point out that I for one do not want a forum that is just about agreeing with every damn thing Daniel says and or does.If you agree because you agree, fine!However we all know that there are some folks who agree because it is popular to do so.How bland and boring would this world be if we all just agreed on everthing?If so we might as well all be robots devoid of any thoughts, feelings, or emotions.I for one will continue to voice my opinion.Do I expect to be liked or even well received?Hmmm probably not, but that's okay.
Wow...you really take this too seriously dude. :shock:  Calm down...you made a point some people disagreed with. Happens to us all.
How bland and boring would this world be if we all just agreed on everthing?If so we might as well all be robots devoid of any thoughts, feelings, or emotions.I for one will continue to voice my opinion.Do I expect to be liked or even well received?Hmmm probably not, but that's okay.
Seriously. Stop. Whining.I really have no problem with you, at all, but if you are going to complain when people disagree with the content of your posts but still proclaim you will continue to disagree with other people in a vehement manner, I will be forced to point out that hypocritical double standard.Let's not get into a flame war. The sooner this topic is locked/deleted the better.
Major...what's the big deal here?  Everyone didn't jump all over you because you said you didn't like Daniel, they did it because they completely disagreed with your comment that he was out of line at that table.  Let it go.You can stop playing the martyr now.  You made a comment, everyone and their mother disagreed with you (some vehemently)...the end.
Hmm?Do you really think that I am trying to be the martyr?I always expected that my original opinion would be in the minority. I have never had any issue with anyone disagreeing.The issue which only a handful have chimed in on was the fact that disagreeing quickly became a verbal lynching.That was the issue, and I have seen it many, many times with others, not just me.While you are correct that many/most disagreed, as the day wore on yesterday more and more people came out and said they agreed.Many people disagreed with my point of view but did not resort to nasty, vindicative, vitriolic and personal attacks.I applaud all of those people.I am not looking for acceptance or agreement on my point of view, simply civility.Is this too much to ask for and expect?

major, you know I'm fond of you, but enough is enough. Lets move on. I'll help. I'll tell a story.The other night, I was at a bar and I was chatting up this real sweathog. (the usual) All I could think of when she was talking to me was how good my junk would look in her mouth. I couldn't even hear the words coming out of her mouth. A little later, after more beers and mindless chat, she had her hand down my pants and that is when it hit me, I had no idea what her name was. What do I do? Obviously, I start calling her cute pet names. She liked baby, she wasn't to fond of "my little tubby sex machine"The moral, fats girls are sensitive. Go figure.I got her an ice cream sundae from McDonalds and it was all good.

I am not looking for acceptance or agreement on my point of view, simply civility.Is this too much to ask for and expect?
Do you really think this is the best way to go about it?
Would would you suggest?Be a verbal doormat and when people call me Idiot, Stupid, Moron, Tard, simply let it go?Yes I could do that, but what do you realistically think the chances are that they will not continue to treat others like that?Sometimes you just have to stand up to a bully even if he is a verbal bully in cyberspace.If you have a better way to make this forum a place where people can discuss without being verbally abused, please let us know!
Major...what's the big deal here?  Everyone didn't jump all over you because you said you didn't like Daniel, they did it because they completely disagreed with your comment that he was out of line at that table.  Let it go.You can stop playing the martyr now.  You made a comment, everyone and their mother disagreed with you (some vehemently)...the end.
Hmm?Do you really think that I am trying to be the martyr?I always expected that my original opinion would be in the minority. I have never had any issue with anyone disagreeing.The issue which only a handful have chimed in on was the fact that disagreeing quickly became a verbal lynching.That was the issue, and I have seen it many, many times with others, not just me.While you are correct that many/most disagreed, as the day wore on yesterday more and more people came out and said they agreed.Many people disagreed with my point of view but did not resort to nasty, vindicative, vitriolic and personal attacks.I applaud all of those people.I am not looking for acceptance or agreement on my point of view, simply civility.Is this too much to ask for and expect?
YES!!! That is too much to ask for and expect!!! Are you serious? You're dealing with a ton of late teens that have no idea how to act in real life...forget about on a forum where they don't have to see the person they are being an asshole to. Get a grip, brother. This is an online poker forum...insults and sarcasm are what makes it interesting (unless you are in a strat forum). You will NEVER get everyone to be civil, period.
If you have a better way to make this forum a place where people can discuss without being verbally abused, please let us know!
Realize this is an online poker forum. After doing that, don't take things seriously. I've been flamed by iveyfan30 I dunno how many times, but it doesn't get to me. Why? At the end of the day the foundation for my self-worth does not come from this forum. Not even close.
major, you know I'm fond of you, but enough is enough.  Lets move on.  I'll help.  I'll tell a story.The other night, I was at a bar and I was chatting up this real sweathog.  (the usual)  All I could think of when she was talking to me was how good my junk would look in her mouth.  I couldn't even hear the words coming out of her mouth.  A little later, after more beers and mindless chat, she had her hand down my pants and that is when it hit me,  I had no idea what her name was.  What do I do?  Obviously, I start calling her cute pet names.  She liked baby,  she wasn't to fond of "my little tubby sex machine"The moral,  fats girls are sensitive.  Go figure.I got her an ice cream sundae from McDonalds and it was all good.
Very funny.Well Ron hopefully one of these days I will have the pleasure and good fortune to sit down with you, Royal and a few select others who I really think it would be a blast to play poker and party with.As far as the rest of the bullshit goes, I say uncle and I just don't want to fuck with this forum any more.It is clearly -ev for me as no matter how hard I try to come across in a respectful and intelligent manner, I must be doing a really lousy job since it ends up twisted and ugly.Very few really want any true dialog and it is way too difficult to get above the noise, my time is much better spent in other ways.PM is a great tool, anyone needs to reach me that would be a good way.

I've read 3 (three) of majorleag's posts, and I'm already tired of the condescending tone in all of his posts. While he isn't outright about it, I'd appreciate some honesty. Civility also includes not talking down to other people. and I know about being talked down to. I'm a waiter :club:

I've read 3 (three) of majorleag's posts, and I'm already tired of the condescending tone in all of his posts. While he isn't outright about it, I'd appreciate some honesty. Civility also includes not talking down to other people.  and I know about being talked down to. I'm a waiter :club:
go get me my entree pissboy.kidding, for the sensitive type.
I am not looking for acceptance or agreement on my point of view, simply civility.Is this too much to ask for and expect?
Do you really think this is the best way to go about it?
Would would you suggest?
My only suggestion is that you stop making 5 threads about the same damn thing, a few people disagreed with you, so what. Do you have a hit list with names of everyone that has said something to you during high school?