you know you play too much poker when...

I'm sure every guy has experienced this one. You're sitting with a buddy in a public place, cafeteria, restaurant, mall, etc. A woman walks past, you and your buddy look at her, then at each other and one of you says..."Nice hand."

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for instance, yesterday, a girl I know well was moaning about this pushy, bossy girl at work who bosses everyone around even though they are all on the same employment level....and without hesitation I go....well with an aggressive bully like that you either have to call her down or come over the top.....she looked at me like I was from mars until I explained my metaphor....
I'm doing that stuff at work ALL the time now...I dont' know how many times i've started a story or analogy or discussion by trying to explain things in relation to poker.Yeah, they think I'm nuts too.
You know you play too much poker when......you are asked a question in class...and you quickly tap the table with two fingers, thereby passing the option to the next student.
this is the best one

You know you've been playing too much poker when:You count your wages in BB/hr instead of $/hr. You don't tip 10 %, you tip at 10 to 1.The first swear word your kids say is followed by "nice suckout donk"You hear your kids playing in the bedroom and the only words you can make out are "all in" and "bad beat"Every time you have more than one object in your hand, you try to shuffle or twirl them. Your buddies ask why you waste your time buying a powerball ticket, and your answer is "Dude! I'm getting 300,000,000 to 1 on the call, and im a 1 in 116,000,000 shot to catch!! You'd be getting the correct odds at almost three times the price!! Didn't you read that Sklansky book I gave you?"

When you buy something and the cashier says "$9.75" and you raise it to "$15".
Actualy that woulndt be a legal raise would it? I mean come on you have to at least double it to 19.50. When you read a post about a raise and the first thing you think is hey thats not legal.
If you were playing some odd pink chip game with a BB of $4.50 it would be a legal raise.Also, at U of MD the parking lots are denoted by letter codes, and I passed Lot KK and thought Raise!
When you buy something and the cashier says "$9.75" and you raise it to "$15".
Actualy that woulndt be a legal raise would it? I mean come on you have to at least double it to 19.50. When you read a post about a raise and the first thing you think is hey thats not legal.
If you were playing some odd pink chip game with a BB of $4.50 it would be a legal raise.Also, at U of MD the parking lots are denoted by letter codes, and I passed Lot KK and thought Raise!
You immediately understand the pink chip reference because one of your chip sets has pink chips that make this work.
You know you've been playing too much poker when:Every time you have more than one object in your hand, you try to shuffle or twirl them.
I just die dlaughing. As I was reading this, I was twirling around a Mtn Dew cap from the top of my soda bottle I had earlier...
When you think of $ in the terms of BB's
so so true. In my first year of universit i use to play 10/20 LHE, and wheneveri went to buy something with a mate i was like thats nothing, one round of blinds is more than that. What a bargain! I would then proceed to throw away money on random rubbish.