show some respect for daniel

People keep posting about how DN is a jerk, or DN is stupid for getting excited about winning a STG...Someone needs to smack these punk kids aroundHow dare they come to FCP and insult the master on his own website, how pathetic. tgavin99 should be banned forever for posting thttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=32116This is Daniel's website and his blog and people really have to shut up and stop trying to take shots at him. Its just terrible...

If Daniel cannot handle the criticism of his play, personality, website, whatever and can only accept compliments ("Daniel, you're so great" )...then he shouldn't be in the poker spotlight. It's very similar to when Erik Seidel cried and wouldnt show TV his hole cards. If Erik doesnt want his style shown to the world, being on Tv, and his hole cards being shown, then he can find a new occupation. What did Erik do? He complied.Bottom line: Stop talking for Daniel. Daniel's a big boy, and if wants to ban a guy who's telling him he's having a horrid year...go ahead. Just proves my point that he cannot handle the heat in the kitchen.SLEEP WELL.Crash n Burn

People keep posting about how DN is a jerk, or DN is stupid for getting excited about winning a STG...Someone needs to smack these punk kids aroundHow dare they come to FCP and insult the master on his own website, how pathetic. tgavin99 should be banned forever for posting thttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=32116This is Daniel's website and his blog and people really have to shut up and stop trying to take shots at him. Its just terrible...
If Daniel cannot handle the criticism of his play, personality, website, whatever and can only accept compliments ("Daniel, you're so great" )...then he shouldn't be in the poker spotlight. It's very similar to when Erik Seidel cried and wouldnt show TV his hole cards. If Erik doesnt want his style shown to the world, being on Tv, and his hole cards being shown, then he can find a new occupation. What did Erik do? He complied.
In Cardplayer, Seidel made some interesting comments about this. Poker, on television, is entertainment. The people making money off of these shows, however, are not those in the spotlight, providing the actual entertainment. Would you really watch a 2 hour show starring Steve Lipscomb? No, no you wouldn't. I think that since there is money being made off of the shows, those providing the entertainment (the players) should reap some of the benefits. Take a small percentage out of the money the show makes and add it to the prize pool. Not only would this make the players happy (not that the TV moguls would care) but it would also likely 1) increase the number of players wanting to enter 2) increase the prize pool (the effect being that people are more likely to want to see an event where the winner wins $2 million as opposed to $1.5 million). Also, your statement that Seidel should "find a new occupation" is just ridiculous. He's made a living for almost 20 years playing tournament poker. Was it his decision to televise poker? No. But now his secrets are being given away, and the only benefit he gains from it is publicity (basically worthless) and more entrants into tournaments (not at all worthless).
It's very similar to when Erik Seidel cried and wouldnt show TV his hole cards. If Erik doesnt want his style shown to the world, being on Tv, and his hole cards being shown, then he can find a new occupation. What did Erik do? He complied.
Seidel was making more bills than you've had hot dinner before he had to show his hole cards to cameras. It's perfectly reasonable to not want to show hole cards it's poker for crying out loud.I think you're biggest misconception is that you've mistaken the majority of this forum for people that care about your stupid opinions.

Listen guys theres no need for the constant brown nosing of DN.He's obviously a top top player otherwise he wouldn't have the success in tournaments that he has,or be able to play at the limits he does these facts my friends,are without doubt.However,im sure DN can take abit of ribbing from a few random posters such as "tgavin99",its just abit of harmless light hearted fun,i bet you DN probably finds it quite amusing to read posts like that and have abit of banter.Im sure DN would be more worried if no one visited FCP at all,and the forum boards are empty....but afew posters being critical of his current tournement form and issuing there own challenges will be just be taken 'tongue in cheek'.I think alot of the 'hardcore' FCP posters(you know who you are-the guys who post 6000+ times)really need to develop a life of your own and stop worrying obsessively about your 'hero' being offended.Ive put the flame proof suit on and waiting!!!i think though that alot of posters(and thousands of lurkers)will probably agree in part with my sentiments. Chill out can we....please :wink:

I just dont understand why people that dont like DN for whatever reason feel they need to come to his site, in front of (mainly) his fans, and flame him. Go somewhere else. If I were DN i woulnt allow someone as openly hostile as tgavin99 to post here. Censoreds are not welcome...

Listen guys theres no need for the constant brown nosing of DN.
Amen.

There's no need to defend DN or to ban ignorant posters. But, there's also nothing wrong with trying to put someone in their place -- as all these trolls and punks are attempting to do.No need to be hypocritical - if one side can say something - the other has equal rights based on the OP.I just wish I'd meet more of you guys face to face. In live tournaments I continue to meet people who will criticize certain players (name pros or just pros who have played fro 15 yrs that no one knows) and I defend them too. Does this make me a brown noser? If so, fine. I just don't like it when ANYONE is wrongly maligned or disrespected. Be it a bellhop, dealer or a marquee pro.In any case, in person I feel I can diplomatically correct an ignorant person, especially when I take the conversation to... "hey, he's coming right now. why don't you just tell him what you just told me?".Cheap shots back and forth are meaningless, but Internet whiners are ignorant cowards and punks and I've yet to see one come up when real pressure was on. Something you can't really do online.

Can we teach daniel how to play better poker? i don't think so. Therefore we shouldn't critized. I've learned alot from Daniel. This is why i have the upmost respect. Until i play him that is. :colors:
What you're saying is that someone who is very good at poker has nothing to learn from people who are not as good at poker. If even the best players state that they never stop learning, how is it possible that they could never learn anything from weaker players? It's not. It is weak thinking to never question anyone, especially in a game that rewards original thinking.