disturbed by daniel's blog today

Louis,It takes a much bigger man to admit he is wrong than not, and doesn't make it back pedaling. I was always conflicted as I do see the counter arguments.If you read my post you will notice that I did NOT, nor do I apologize for my original post, however I am an intelligent person that can analyze information and change opinion when and where warranted.Do I like to admit being wrong? Hell no, but I am man enough to do so if I feel I was wrong? Yes I am.I really am still conflicted.I respect Daniel enough to give him the benefit of the doubt that in this instance it was great fun for all. I am not sure however that that kind of play under those circumstances would always be looked upon the same.Not sure how that makes me a back pedaler, but if I am, then I am.
the more i read, the more you look like a tool for saying that DN bragged in his blog.every post you make, you're bragging about something or another. "i satellited into USPC." "i went out with the best hand' "i finished higher than many pros" "i'm a big man because i can admit when i'm wrong" "i have many leatherbound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"whatever man...good for you.
"i would fold the nut straight."i swear to god lois, i'm never letting you off the hook for that.zing
Lol- this is a cash game, I am calling every time.
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else tired of readingCarpe Diem!like 5 million times in this thread, in big blue letters? It's like burned into my brain now. This sux.
It's my signature and it stays!I have not made any comments about your sig or anyone elses.Anything else you would like to complain about?Sheesh!

Tear into a can of the meanest energy supplement on the planet!MONSTER ENERGY.We went down to the lab, and cooked up a double shot of our killer energy brew.Its a wicked mega hit that delivers twice the buzz of a regular energy drink.MONSTER , packs a vicious punch but has a smooth flavor you can really poound down.UNLEASH THE FURY , MITCH!

Major league- Your nickname is now Minor league- you have no buisness being in the majors if you can't see how this situation benefits everyone involved. Your point of view makes no sense- basically, it comes down to the fact that you would be afraid if a pro sat down to have some fun, and you would feel that they were not playing fair. So, get up and leave- or complain to management. That I would love to see- " Hey, he's raising to much, he has to much money, I want a popsicle".. actually, the popsicle line makes no sense, but it's how I picture the conversation. Meanwhile, I guarantee everyone else in the game is giving you the crazy eye while they are waiting for an opportunity to double up. As far as backpedaling goes, shrug. I just call it like I see it, and you sir are running scared- odd, that's really what this thread is about.
There is no e in majorleag by design.Please go back and read my comments.I have made it very, very clear I understand what was going on.There are two ways to look at it and you clearly have not read it all.
There is no e in majorleag by design.
sigh!Yes the correct spelling is major league.Sorry I obviously need to be much more specific.It is intentionally and by design and for a very specific reason spelled:majorleag and notMajor LeagueIs that better guin?
Major league- Your nickname is now Minor league- you have no buisness being in the majors if you can't see how this situation benefits everyone involved. Your point of view makes no sense- basically, it comes down to the fact that you would be afraid if a pro sat down to have some fun, and you would feel that they were not playing fair. So, get up and leave- or complain to management. That I would love to see- " Hey, he's raising to much, he has to much money, I want a popsicle".. actually, the popsicle line makes no sense, but it's how I picture the conversation. Meanwhile, I guarantee everyone else in the game is giving you the crazy eye while they are waiting for an opportunity to double up. As far as backpedaling goes, shrug. I just call it like I see it, and you sir are running scared- odd, that's really what this thread is about.
There is no e in majorleag by design.Please go back and read my comments.I have made it very, very clear I understand what was going on.There are two ways to look at it and you clearly have not read it all.
I've read it all, twice.You're still wrong I personally have not agreed with anything you have said. Daniel was being Daniel people loved it. You are the perfect example of my signature, good day sir.

Your original post only takes one point of view, and that is clear. Did you see saw back and forth throughout this thread? Probably- but you really took a step back when Dan stepped up and fired back- thus the backpedaling. It's not suprising- that's what you would have done in that game as well.

sigh!Yes the correct spelling is major league.Sorry I obviously need to be much more specific.It is intentionally and by design and for a very specific reason spelled:majorleag and notMajor LeagueIs that better guin?
There is no I in team. Although there isn't one in Poker either. Tennis, there is an I in tennis.Golf, nope, no I there. This expression doesn't make sense to me anymore.
Your original post only takes one point of view, and that is clear. Did you see saw back and forth throughout this thread? Probably- but you really took a step back when Dan stepped up and fired back- thus the backpedaling. It's not suprising- that's what you would have done in that game as well.
Fine enough, this is ridiculous and I am done with it.Most of you are able to formulate your own opinion and express it respectfully, but sadly some of you just bash, and bash and bash.So I guess the best thing for this forum is for there to be no open dialog and no dissent at all.I will begin:1. Everything I said was wrong! Let's make this simple and easy, if I said it and you didn't agree with it, it is wrong.2. Daniel is great and anything he says or does is above reproach and should never, ever be questioned. There the argument should now cease.I guess I will just go back to reading the occasional humorous soundbite from Ron, or Royal and not bother to attempt to create any kind of dialog that may upset or offend the loyal followers of Mr. Negreanu.
Spell your name out loud.Finished?Find the e?Try it again if the answer is no.For further guidance, try reading it.

people have said it before, but i'll say it again.i've seen maniac behavior from players before in cash games online--going all in every hand, raising with nothing, etc. etc. we all know how to play them: tighten up and wait for your spot. it usually takes 10-15 mins, or 30 at most, before someone has their money.i'm fine with it. if that player has me covered, i'll adjust my play and hopefully get paid off. if i see DN or someone acting like he did raising every pot i'll limp in ahead of him with AA or KK and pray he raises me my whole stack with something like Q3 off.if DN wants to go to the wynn and buy into a 5-10NL game with $125k, it's his business if he wants to play like a jackass and mingle with the low rollers. anonymous people do it every day online and sometimes live; we shrug, shake our heads, roll our eyes, and hope the cards let us leave with some or preferably all of their money.my business is the same no matter who it is acting like that: sit at that table, pick my spots, and be sure i do all i can to leave with at least double my buy in while he leaves a bit lighter. as they say, that's poker!

Spell your name out loud.Finished?Find the e?Try it again if the answer is no.For further guidance, try reading it.
Jesus H. Christ!!!Do you have nothing better to do then to continue to nit pick at me!I meant the second "e" and I believe that you damn well know it, but since we all are intent on acting like children, I am going to take off my trying to be a nicer guy and turn the other ****ing cheek for a moment and spell this out for you.There are normally two "e's" when spelling the word League.I intentionally spell it with ONLY one "e".Is that ****ing clear enough for you!Tell me what exactly have you contributed of a positive nature to this or any other thread!You know I think I am beginning to like nasty much more than nice!!!
Royal isn't really that funny. I was carrying him for years. Now that I'm a solo act, you see how I roll.
You sir are the voice of reason in an otherwise choppy sea of insanity!Man that is scary when Ron Mexico becomes the voice of reason.
Tell me what exactly have you contributed of a positive nature to this or any other thread!
I post in strat mostly. I was pointing our your spelling inconsistency because of the irrational nature of your OP. Also, I used a very cordial response to your OP expressing my opinion and you immediately typed something that required the automatic censor to step in.I don't have a personal vendetta against you, or anyone at this forum, majorleag. Sorry if my needling frustrated you to a point it was not meant to, but I think when you post a thread like this...you might be expecting some flack.In any event, have a great day.

As stated before I completely disgaree with majorleag but let's try not to turn this into a "majorleag bashing" thread. I'm glad Daniel spoke up and defended himself. DN didn't do anything wrong and he had nothing to apologize for. But I am worried that some posters will use DN's post as an excuse to beat up on and flame majorleag. Let's be careful and try not to act like children.

I'm not reading through 6 pages of this, but here is my opinion on this topic. I, for one, am glad to see poker being a bigger part of the blog. And to those who don't like his play, I would gladly sit at this table, as it would definately be +EV for someone playing tight. I can't believe there's 6 pages of posts on this, there's no max buy-in at thw Wynn, so who cares how much somebody buys in for?

Royal isn't really that funny. I was carrying him for years. Now that I'm a solo act, you see how I roll.
Your back must hurt
ba dum tsh. I just flew in to town and boy are my arms tired.
I have a friend who is an attonrey and has a lot of money.. he comes to my littel home game which is $1/$2nlh that is "high" stakes to me and nothing to him, so he plays as daniel did... it is a little anoying that you cant see a cheap flop with a marginal hand, but everyone still plays because of the possible payout...I would love to sit at a table where daniel is "donating" money.. it would be fun, you just have to wait for your spot and cash in.. you loose $15 a round in blinds you cant defend, but then when you get your hand you could make thousands.. sounds pretty good to me
I too have a guy in our weekly Saturday game that is like this. It's a .50/1 NL game. He will come in every week and play every hand. Many times he has dropped over 1K in our game and everybody loves it. Yes I have seen him twice take every dollar on the table home with him but has donated thousands most of the time. He will suck out on you but that's part of the game.As far as DN in that game. I will sit in it everytime and know in the end I will be a winner. If you ask me many of these players lost there money trying to prove they could out play DN. The guy the goes all-in with four to the flush on the board probably thought he could bye the pot. ~sublime
Tell me what exactly have you contributed of a positive nature to this or any other thread!
I post in strat mostly. I was pointing our your spelling inconsistency because of the irrational nature of your OP. Also, I used a very cordial response to your OP expressing my opinion and you immediately typed something that required the automatic censor to step in.I don't have a personal vendetta against you, or anyone at this forum, majorleag. Sorry if my needling frustrated you to a point it was not meant to, but I think when you post a thread like this...you might be expecting some flack.In any event, have a great day.
You were being nasty and vindicative, period!Read my posts, there has been nothing irrational about any of them. Because you don't agree with my opinion you have to start being obnoxious.I personally don't think that benefits the forum, but if the majority concensus is that we should all be nasty and call each other names, then hey who am I to contradict the wishes of the majority, and I should just go with the flow.I will never, ever be the first to criticize anyone initially for a post that they make, regardless of whether I agree, disagree or even if I think the post is stupid. I will keep such comments to myself, as everyone on this forum has the right to post their opinions and should be able to do so freely without any fear of verbal reprisals!However if I continue to get verbally punched purely out of nastiness and vindicativeness with no purpose other than to abuse and humiliate then I will fight back.Okay Ron say something funny and witty to lighten the mood again.

<----------- rolling her eyes (LOL)

Your back must hurt
ba dum tsh. I just flew in to town and boy are my arms tired.
As stated before I completely disgaree with majorleag but let's try not to turn this into a "majorleag bashing" thread. I'm glad Daniel spoke up and defended himself. DN didn't do anything wrong and he had nothing to apologize for. But I am worried that some posters will use DN's post as an excuse to beat up on and flame majorleag. Let's be careful and try not to act like children.
whoa.not that you didn't make good points, but let's get down to brass tacks: is that avatar you?